What to do when bored?

Hi,

Trading's been a bit quiet lately so I've been thinking of more interesting things to do with my day. Last week I visited the Tate Modern, and now I'm trying to find something else to do next week. Could anyone suggest something interesting? I'm based near St Pauls.

Cheers,

Enter.
take up competitive sport - especially things like golf, squash tennis - non team sports are great for helping you mentally in trading - :!:
OR - gardening for something less strenuous :cheesy:

Get a dog - it'll take you for walks !!
To places in your neighbourhood you've never knew existed ( assuming your neighbourhood is safe enough to walk about in ? )

Hi,

Trading's been a bit quiet lately so I've been thinking of more interesting things to do with my day. Last week I visited the Tate Modern, and now I'm trying to find something else to do next week. Could anyone suggest something interesting? I'm based near St Pauls.

Cheers,

Enter.

Have a w++k.

Be a diceman
Write down 6 outrageous things to do
Swap notes with your buddy

Then throw a dice and do whatever number x said

Do this spreadsheet and find out some more boring things about yourself.

Attachments

• UsefulInfo(1).xls
    81.5 KB · Views: 187
Bah - all the good ideas are gone. How about go for a bike ride. You'd be surprised how far you can get in a couple of hours.

Yeah - tried that when i got my new foldy bike (goes in back of MINI) with a dinky little firm saddle the envy of any Olympian. Drove a couple of miles to the local converted rly to bridleway / walkway; rode about an hour or two to a wayside pub, nice lunch and then set off back. This is when I struck the bad patch - hadn't been on a bike for a few years so by now my a*se and legs were starting to feel a bit sore. Last few miles were definitely character-building. I've now got a fit-over gel saddle cover :LOL:

I used to be bored when trading. I then discovered that i was wasting time between trades that could be used constructively.

I realised i dont play an instrument but have always wanted to.
I needed something practical, small, simple, versatile, that sounds good and is enjoyable. Something i can take anywhere, not taking up much room.
So - I bought myself a few of these little gems.

Jambone 10 Hole Harmonica in C - Hobgoblin Music Online Shop

In the space of about 4 weeks, I'm now something of a maestro harmonicaist.

I am going to buy myself one of these little babies next!
Suzuki World Class Harmonicas

Harmonicas are simple to learn, play and teach u the basics of music, from which u have a foundation in music theory, tone etc. & a good foundation for learning a more complex instrument.
They say once you've learnt the theory and spent 10 hours of time putting it into practise, you are something of an expert, and the only difference between you and a harminica genius is the number of tunes that you've memorised!

Harmonica: How to Play Chords on the Harmonica | Quamut: the go to how to
Harmonica Note Chart
Harp On! Chromatic Harmonica Reference
How to bend notes on the harmonica-Harmonica.com - how to play the harmonica
Jack's Harmonica Page
Note Bending for Harmonica
Songs by Daily View - HarpTabs.com
The Diatonic Harmonica Reference
The Secret to Playing Blues Harmonica
Basic Counting
Essentials of Music - Glossary

Here's a nice couple of tunes!

YouTube - Neil Young - Heart Of Gold

YouTube - Bob Dylan - Mr Tambourine Man

Last edited:
Dolphin

Hi,

Cheers,

Enter.

I like to 'wax the dolphin' when every Im bored and the wife goes out.

;)

buy a copy of Roger's Profanisaurus. keep you entertained forever, maybe the whole day

reviving this thread about boredom.
there must be other things to do other than wind up people on other threads?

reading can get boring; exercise can be distracting;