Edward Tate

jasoncrussell said:
I have also invested in New Millenium Medical. I did receive my share certifcates about 2 weeks ago. It looked pretty genuine, but you can never tell. I was also told they were due to float in December, but when I emailed NMM, they told me they were looking to float in February.

shouldn't you be on their list of holders then ? this would be worth checking

jasoncrussell said:
I have also invested in New Millenium Medical. I did receive my share certifcates about 2 weeks ago. It looked pretty genuine, but you can never tell. I was also told they were due to float in December, but when I emailed NMM, they told me they were looking to float in February.

I have spoke to NMM and they have confirmed that Ed Tate are aurthorsized to act for them in selling their IPO shares, they also confirmed that they had just sent out more share certificates and another batch, I assume with mine, were due out next wk, though I didn't enquire about thier float date, can you post their email address?

andy_astra said:
I have spoke to NMM and they have confirmed that Ed Tate are aurthorsized to act for them in selling their IPO shares, they also confirmed that they had just sent out more share certificates and another batch, I assume with mine, were due out next wk, though I didn't enquire about thier float date, can you post their email address?

[email protected]

jasoncrussell said:

Please be aware that anybody from EdwardTate may also subscribe to this message board
and could possibly lead people astray as regards the legitimacy of EdwardTate.
I, for one, will follow the advice of the FSA and stay well away from EdwardTate.

I can confirm that from my own experience Edward Tate are bad news. I bought some shares recommended by them back in April 2004. The stock was Osprey Gold Incorporated and the price was $0.45, they are now trading at $0.07 and I still have not received my share certificate which should have been sent at the very latest by 30th June, 2004.

The company is genuine ( Osprey Gold ) but Edward Tate seem to be very badly organized. My advice is to be very wary and if you are buying penny shares always be prepared to lose your money, as I have.

Rolly said:
but Edward Tate seem to be very badly organized.

Rolly, sorry about your loss but if you still like the Gold sector then there's likely to be plenty of money to be made over the next few years. Just buy a selection of stocks on proper exchanges and hold on.

However I would counter you and say that Edward Tate are most probably very well organised in what they do. They most probably give the illusion they're not once their clients money belongs to them which is the reason for their existence, nothing more.

lewb said:
I still think it would be worthwhile trying to find out where ET got our numbers.I have mentioned Millenium Financial also City Eqiuities , SKY capitol , Halifax any of with these ?
Hello - Edward Tate got my name from the share register of an entirely legitimate, respectable AIM-listed mineral exploration company in which I own a few shares. They were penny stocks when I bought them, and still are. This is probably the basis for their cold-call list : I'm reluctant to admit this, but there may be more people with money than sense listed on the books of AIM companies and penny-stock outfits than elsewhere. As my shares cost £47 to buy and are currently worth £29, I'm not too worried, though.
The other possibility is : I am a Chartered Accountant and my Institute's list of members is on public record. I suspect, however, that they would not choose to target CAs, who are meant to be financially savvy.

R.H.Kay said:
I am a Chartered Accountant and my Institute's list of members is on public record. I suspect, however, that they would not choose to target CAs, who are meant to be financially savvy.

RH

Reminds me of the famous George Carmen quote when he was defending Ken Dodd.

'Ken Dodd is a comedian and not an accountant although much can be said of the accountancy profession where many accountants are masquerading as comedians'

Or words to that effect :cheesy: :cheesy:

edward tate - new millenium

I have parted with money on a quest oil deal. i was contacted by edward tate an paid the funds direct to the quest oil bank account in the US. 3 weeks and no share certificates. Quest are an over the counter NASDAQ stock and I can track the price OK.

i wonder if i have been a mug? i think so, although this is my first trade with them i reserve judgement.

They now want to sell me new millenium medical - an IPO which they claim will happen in April?

Anyone wiser than I?

Thanks

I bought shares in Osprey Gold Incorporated through Edward Tate back in April and was told that I would not be able to trade in the stock until 30th June, 2004, I am still waiting for the share certificate !!. Osprey Gold were not an IPO and I had checked out the Company and even sent e-mails to the Financial Director of Osprey Gold. In hindsight I should have bought the shares through a UK broker who was registered with the FSA.

I would refer you to the FSA web site as they have put out a warning about Edward Tate which must mean that they have received numerous complaints.

As i have mentioned before ET claim to be basd in Luxembourg - I don't think so. It is my belief that they operate from the greater London Area.

If they do, they are clearly in breach of FSA regulations.
Their phone number is shown as being billed to a company called Computer Science. They are based in Reading. Perhaps someone can persue this thread.

Read the above posts about New Millennium Mediacl - the supposed IPO has been put back from July 2004 to December, then February, now apparently April 2005. It may never happen. If it doesn't you may struggle to sell the shares. I would avoid.

Here is an update re ET and New Millenium Medical. I had a call this morning to tell me that the shares would now be coming tro market in April 2005. I had previously been told December 2004. They were trying to sell me a further batch but I told them that I first wanted to see a profitable trade on what I had paid for. I did get a Certificate, which may or may not be worth the paper it is printed on. Does anyone have any idea of what can be done to establish the truth and if necessary take the matter further?
I asked if I could have a copy of their last accounts. The caller did not understand what I was talking about! Howver, I mentioned Balance Sheetr and he then said it was not possible before the shares came on to the market, after which, he said, I could trade with any 'reputable' broker!!
Jayemel.

jayemel said:
Here is an update re ET and New Millenium Medical. I had a call this morning to tell me that the shares would now be coming tro market in April 2005. I had previously been told December 2004. They were trying to sell me a further batch but I told them that I first wanted to see a profitable trade on what I had paid for. I did get a Certificate, which may or may not be worth the paper it is printed on. Does anyone have any idea of what can be done to establish the truth and if necessary take the matter further?
I asked if I could have a copy of their last accounts. The caller did not understand what I was talking about! Howver, I mentioned Balance Sheetr and he then said it was not possible before the shares came on to the market, after which, he said, I could trade with any 'reputable' broker!!
Jayemel.

I too have invested in New Millenium Medical and was told that they would float in December. I have received the email below from New Millenium and you can also find some financial information on profits on their website. I think what we really need to know is if New Millenium Medical is a real company or just a website made up by Edward Tate to con people out of money. All companies need to register, so if we can find this out it would help.

Sent : 16 November 2004 11:19:08
To : "Jason Russell" <[email protected]>
Subject : Re: Information

| | | Inbox

Dear Sir,

I just received your email you sent at the end of october... Maybe you
already had the answer to your question but for your info, the filing
registration will be completed beginning of February, we will then float
at this time.

If you need some more inforamtion regarding the company and its
activities,do not hesitate to contact me at:
[email protected]

Best Regards,
Valentine DENESLE
Public Relations

Its a con

Unfortunately I got suckered into one of their would be propects. My adivse is stay away from them. Someone called Colin Banks kept calling me and once I bought some shares never heard from him again! That share is now worth nothing!

jasoncrussell,

re: Is New Millenium Medical a real company.

I think the company was in the news recently ( on bbc.co.uk ) within the last 3 weeks or so.
The story was about the AGM being suspended or changed, due to one of the directors being threatened with death by someone, possibly a disgruntled investor.

So, I think they DO exist !!
Whether thay are a good investment, is another matter.

hope this helps.

To all contacted by ET

I have had dealings with ET and like posted previously once suspicion is raised on the companies they are promoting then no more is heard of them. If you try and contact ET asking for a specific contact they are never available and always have to call you back which brings into question the actual where abouts of each idividual contact!!! They are definately not in the building in luxembourg as stated by there website as i have been in contact with the financial regulators in Luxembourg and they confirmed that they have never heard of ET and they are not in that building.

In my opinion ET are an unregulated firm fronting as professional brokers buying & selling shares from companies who need to raise capital but are unable too through usual regulated routes. ET is providing what I believe is an illegitimate service (though possibly not totally illegal) cold calling unsuspecting investors with talk of massive returns. Every investors dream, and that is why so many of us are being drawn into this, what is basically a scam. They buy the shares at say £4 sell them to you at £6 say they will be £12 in six months and everyone is laughing (at us!!!) The company makes £4 per share ET make £2 per share and we are left with £6 worth of paper that you cant do anything with.

Q: Has anyone ever bought an ET recommendation and made money????

Osprey Gold - share price crashed
Datacept - Supposed to float in September 04 then delayed till December 04 (will it float in December? wouldnt want to be holding my breath)
New Millenium - Same old story

For anybody looking for more info related to ET, visit the Datacept forum.

I have been in contact with certain authorities ref ET and Datacept and getting information isnt easy. Maybe someone like the BBC and Watchdog would be a good avenue to explore as we are talking about a multi million pound scam!!!! (all in my opinion)

If it sounds to good to be true - then it is!!!!

sdrane said:
Go here

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/corde...r2=0000&r3=N&r4=NEWMILLENIUMMARBLEGRANITE&r5=

for what looks like bad news on New Millenium Medical. The State of Florida website shows the company to be inactive. The last event in their records was in October - "Admin dissolution for annual report" - I take that to me it has been dissolved!

This would also have severe implications for the honesty of Edward tate and Kensington Price.

Tend to agree. I've sent 2 emails to investor relations at New Millenium Medical about this and have received no reply. I have a strong feeling that this email address goes through to Edward Tate anyway. :(