Dow Jones

Peter

Hello I am new to this group,

I would just like to offer a few of my timing cycles that MAY help a few traders now and then.

I see a possible BUY signal in at 7.36 pm UK time for the Dow

9700 ish would be a good figure if its hit.

If the mkt shows a turn around here Ill be entering with MY stop just below the last low on a 5 min time bar

Good Luck

Pete

Market moved back down,
Sigal seems to have came in as a sell instead of a buy.

We did hit a minor swing TOP at 7.36 pm and so far the mkt just went to new daily lows from this time point on Dow . ( spx still above its early lows)

Could be an inverse signal suggesting further selling to come.

A break back above 9737 would cancel it as a shorting signal.

Pete

Peter said:

I would just like to offer a few of my timing cycles that MAY help a few traders now and then.

If the mkt shows a turn around here Ill be entering with MY stop just below the last low on a 5 min time bar

Good Luck

Pete

yup

Attachments

• peter.gif
    peter.gif
    28.9 KB · Views: 573
dow today

hello pete, just joined today on this site..... caught your thread..... i was watching the dow do its thing and 9700 sure is a nice round number for some kind of bounce, however i tend to bear in mind that the december dow future is around 18 points give or take a couple below the cash market so that would of hit nearer to your mark. i then see how the future is trading at those expected? support levels.... are the prices accepted at those levels? or is it a price that seems not to hang around for long ?

look at what happend when the dow hit 9900.... wasnt there for long, low risk opportunity???? sharp angle of ascent up to it.... so thats the recent top as i see it, 9800 stands in the way of it getting there.... so the way i see it for tomorrow is the dow holding above 9750, the future will likely then head to 9750 pushing the cash to 9770, people with stops in the market 20-30 above that, pushing the dow to 9800 into the recent downtrend line , then we will have to see what the people decide..... pull back and up ? thats the upside tail we'll have to wait and see

come on volatility!!!
jd

Thanks for the welcome T2W and TT members

The Dow closed at a VERY arkward level for me, just more or less hitting the 7.36 pm minor top.

I was hoping that the CASH mkt Not Futures would find support at 9700.

The trendline from Sept 30th Low is getting close to the recent market lows, AND This could be important IF the market meets it tommorrow. It looks like the 9700 to 9680 level could hit this TL.

I still expect NOV 14th to be an important day.

IF the TL / 9700 level holds the mkt we will have to watch to see if we rally severe upto 10,000 for Friday.

IF we break down again wednesday I think the 14th Will be another LOW.

I do think tommorrows VITAL.

Good trading Pete

Peter said:

Good Luck

Pete

Tribune staff, wire reports
Published November 12, 2003

The Chicago Board of Trade will offer electronic trading of futures based on the Dow Jones U.S. total market index, and options tied to the Dow Jones industrial average. Trading in the contracts will start on Feb. 5, the exchange said. On Nov. 24, the Board of Trade will switch its electronic trading system to one designed by Euronext.liffe from one developed by Eurex AG. Eurex plans to start a competing exchange in Chicago on Feb. 1, pending approval from regulators. The new contracts are "part of the CBOT's aggressive new product rollout" on the new trading system next year, said Chairman Charles Carey.

Nov 12th Dow

Thanks for the post,

It appears that break of 9737 certainly canceled my bear signal MUCH more than i was expecting.

Some rally this turned out to be.

IF the mkts going to turn back down I would say 7.30 pm ish.

I have potential sell signal if we top out at this point.

If we stay high into close Im expect HIGH odds we make a top on 14th.

A break of 9900 we should see 9960 to 10060

Pete

oatman said:
So it could go up..........or down.

I have it on good authority that the DOW will close at 9964 on Friday.... :cheesy:

Hello Chartman

Its good to hear your view point and read that your thoughs are similar to mine if we remain higher tomorrow.

Dows hit the 78.6% retrace of 9900 - 9720 range which for me is often the final chance to turn.

Spx seems to have broke higher. Maybe a good signal we stay up Thursday.

That move however didnt look back, So no doubt its a tricky one as to whether it attempts a pull back for maybe a Higher swing low above 9720.

If it just continues up, what a rally.!

Do you have Friday 14th as being a potential TOP.

I Have it as important BUT Im not sure if its a final yet, ''IF we get there..''

I will try and see what I have for tommorrow.

Good trading

Pete

ChartMan said:
I have it on good authority that the DOW will close at 9964 on Friday.... :cheesy:

Peter, apart from the T2W dow competition, I don't have any timescale type views. On the odd occaision, I get the direction right for the following day, an that's far enough ahead and risky enough to call. It would be nice if Friday closed at my guess in the comp at 9964. Right now I see another 150 + points coming up, but I wouldn't like to say which way. :cheesy: