Dow Jones 17000?! - Time to short big?

17,118 ... time to short?

Yeah Tuesday was the perfect time to short at exactly the level you said, i have a price alert system in my phone which went off and I had to ignore it as I was in a very important meeting. But I was pizzed off when I seen the charts when I got home.

Now is a good time to sell with a stop at 17120, 5 points above Fridays high (y)

Last edited:
Short again

p.s I sold 5 mins before close on Friday expecting a gap down on open (it did) and then it filled the gap and went my way. I have already locked in 1k profit, if it breaks well below 17050 I'll move my stops to 17055 and lock in some more profit. And then I'd set my price alarm at 17005 and do same process again if it breaks below 17000. This could move quickly to 16910, but I don't count my chickens until I've caught them. Right now it's messing about at 17050, what happens here is important;

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 220
Closed all

Finished for the day +£4300, time for some lunch and then finish off my normal work.

Pic attached;

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Doomberg how you doing given the sharp blip down we've had today, almost a 260 point shoot down from 17,080 to 16,820 on the back of bad twitter news / maternity company poor results but good GDP data....just the FED announcement to go in 9 minutes.

Im personally long with a break even price of 16,859 at £40/point.

Currently 16,856

Came good, cashed out - rose as high as 16,931 !

Profit taking/relaxing near the close with 16,856 being touched however was out jogging! Seems anything below 16,850 I would begin to buy long again to collect a position before US job announcements tomorrow at 1:30pm UK time.

Doomberg how you doing given the sharp blip down we've had today, almost a 260 point shoot down from 17,080 to 16,820 on the back of bad twitter news / maternity company poor results but good GDP data....just the FED announcement to go in 9 minutes.

Im personally long with a break even price of 16,859 at £40/point.

Currently 16,856

I missed the big fall, as i was at work and didn't even check my charts, looks like you may of lost a bit there if you held the position, hope you didn't lose too much if you did hold it

Not at all, it was a genuine question and I was interested to know if it was a SB company or DA. The others who liked the post commented, (as you can when liking a post) that they thought it was IG and that was all.

I think you have a good approach and I also have an interest in Shorting the Dow under certain conditions.

I missed the big fall, as i was at work and didn't even check my charts, looks like you may of lost a bit there if you held the position, hope you didn't lose too much if you did hold it

Hi no mate got out and am back in currently Dow Jones at break even price 16,685 at about £40/point hoping for a blip up before close!

Whats your opinion and are you holding any positions?

Last edited:
Just got out at the small blip at 18:35 at 16,683 with a tiny £80 loss but overall still £150 up on the day - crikey! Am actually relieved with that as was permanently trading long to sell in a plummeting Dow Jones index!

Just got out at the small blip at 18:35 at 16,683 with a tiny £80 loss but overall still £150 up on the day - crikey! Am actually relieved with that as was permanently trading long to sell in a plummeting Dow Jones index!

We'll done for getting out in profit (y)