Dow Jones 17000?! - Time to short big?

Yes , but we don't know whats going on in your account on the rest of the year . Congrats anyway .

Don't worry I won't trouble you with what goes on with my trading accounts any longer

Any mods out there.
Can the inland revenue request the IP address of a "Professional gambler" poster on here in order to chase them for tax on income? :innocent:

Any mods out there.
Can the inland revenue request the IP address of a "Professional gambler" poster on here in order to chase them for tax on income? :innocent:

ooh it looks like my 2nd win upset you again, and durrrr IG index is tax free dummy

You spiteful man! You never figured out what spread "betting" means? It means it's the same as CFD's but with no tax as it's classed as a "bet". As if your pathetic jealousy would even make you think for one second to try and dob me in for undeclared trading revenue. How utterly pathetic, and if you didn't know that IG was tax free you should not even be making posts on this forum.

. . . How utterly pathetic, and if you didn't know that IG was tax free you should not even be making posts on this forum.
Hi Doomberg,
As c_v said in an earlier post - what's with all the angst? For a man who claims to have made £100k in 48 hours - you don't sound too happy about it!
;)
Tim.

You spiteful man! You never figured out what spread "betting" means? It means it's the same as CFD's but with no tax as it's classed as a "bet". As if your pathetic jealousy would even make you think for one second to try and dob me in for undeclared trading revenue. How utterly pathetic, and if you didn't know that IG was tax free you should not even be making posts on this forum.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Take a chill pill and read this Doomy.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spr...tting-tax-free-profits-not-2.html#post2353914

Its true what they say money doesnt buy you happiness, 'cause your supposedly £80k richer and as angry as hell with the rest of the world.

And as a mark of respect for your achievements I'm sporting the 'Avatar of shame', "Paperboy".

Keep up the good work and start a Zen garden, you might live a bit longer. (y)

I'm only angry at you postman, you're making my experience on here a bad experience. And I won't be sharing any of my future trades as a result of your conduct. And RE being a professional gambler, that I am not. And regarding money buying happiness, I'm very happy anyway but of course money enhances life. But encountering people like you is not my idea of fun.

Well I hope you don't take offence but Postman has a point. You have a statistical sample of 2 here, and your position sizing is technically known as "bet the fcking house". Trading being based on probabilities & mgmt of risk, that puts you closer to the category of inveterate gambler than trader.

However, seeing the bucket-shop get another fcking caning is really starting to amuse me. So I do hope you continue - if you do this every day you'll personally account for a hit of over 5% of their annual profits. :LOL:

It's not just a sample of 2 good days, if anyone remembers my journal a long time ago i posted all trades and even had 16 wins in a row at my best. I lost my touch and took a break to focus on my career. Right now I couldn't trade full time as work is far too busy and i can't guarantee wins like this every day. I don't claim to be the king trader, I had a 12k loss in a day a few months ago, stopped by 1 point and could of bagged 100k+ if I wasn't of stopped and left it to run (thought i caught the bottom of the AUS/USD) and I was so f ucuking close to jackpot.

Anyway good luck to all, maybe get postman to do a journal instead.....

It's good to see you winning Doom(y)

Maybe you misunderstood some of the members – they are only trying to help you with your risk management. I guess they may think that your trading capital is less than £200,000 and that you were risking more than 5% of your account per trade which is more towards gambling than trading. Whatever you do, try not to give any of the winnings back if you can. If you do that and implement strict risk management I can't see why you shouldn't do only trading for a living if that's what you like doing.

About Postman – maybe you're not aware, but he is one of the best traders here. He does a lot of live calls and analysis on 'Anybody scalping FTSE futures' and sometimes takes around 200 points per day.

Last edited:
Is this thread will turn into a dick swinging contest between members ? Believe me guys profitable trading is not about forum's : posts/analysis/number of points ... etc .

Last edited:
Is this thread will turn into a dick swinging contest between members ? Believe me guys profitable trading is not about forum's : posts/analysis/number of points ... etc .

I am not aware of making any claims about my prowess :innocent:

Trade 3

If postman is infact successful then that gives a veeeeery interesting twist to the thread. Anyway I still wasn't happy with the 17000 level last night and neither was the market, so when the inverted hammer appeared at 17000 i shorted once a red dropping candle formed because sheet was about to go down! Here's my entry;

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 226
Trades closed

I closed the position today, I actually got up to £21,000 profit at one point today but closed out at £15,000 for the day as I set my stops / TP exactly there as I'd surpassed 100k for the week and wanted to keep it above that. I'm happy with my profit and and my analysis.

Edit; have added pic too of the trade in action, the line drawn on was when I knew it was time to sit and wait for my downwards surge...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
100K not a bad week

I had been waiting for these levels for a while, paid off (y)

I won't be doing any impulse trades so have withdrawn the money out the account and will just keep an eye out for the next big one. I often mis-timed trades and entered too soon, but I'm pleased with these 3

I had been waiting for these levels for a while, paid off (y)

I won't be doing any impulse trades so have withdrawn the money out the account and will just keep an eye out for the next big one. I often mis-timed trades and entered too soon, but I'm pleased with these 3

Good for you , but don't push it , you may pay everything back easily , 100K pounds is not little , it can change lives , keep them :) .

Last edited:
Hi Doomberg

Read through this thread and truly amazed - Well Done

The week's not over yet - you still have tomorrow ;)

100K is brilliant - but with such a gain - you can surely risk say another 5 -10 k tomorrow (y)

Good Luck what ever you get up to and as your broker sent you a magnum of champagne or a nice FO letter ?

Regards

F

Last edited:
V nice. Am loving this 'spank the bucket-shop' theme...
Out of interest are you going to keep going with this size/give up the day-job/blow it all on coke&hookers?

Edit: Just to add, I like how you're prepared to evidence screen-shots of these wins. Good to see.

Well, I don't know what coke and hookers are :cool:

And I wont be quitting my job mate, I'm really happy with my career, the trading is a side line and RE giving it back to the market, i won't be. I'll invest sensibly, in property which is something i already do. And yeah many don't talk truth on here, hence why I've always offered proof on my trades with screenshots

Hi Doomberg

Read through this thread and truly amazed - Well Done

The week's not over yet - you still have tomorrow ;)

100K is brilliant - but with such a gain - you can surely risk say another 5 -10 k tomorrow (y)

Good Luck what ever you get up to and as your broker sent you a magnum of champagne or a nice FO letter ?

Regards

F

That's it for me this week mate, and probably for a while.... I'm in the middle of launching a new venture with a few people anyway which will need my full focus, but will be keeping my beady eyes on the charts now and then when I get time to see if any A++ trades are setting up, but I don't expect to see ones like this very often. However once the new venture is up and running i may give day trading more time

(y)

I closed the position today, I actually got up to £21,000 profit at one point today but closed out at £15,000 for the day as I set my stops / TP exactly there as I'd surpassed 100k for the week and wanted to keep it above that. I'm happy with my profit and and my analysis.

Edit; have added pic too of the trade in action, the line drawn on was when I knew it was time to sit and wait for my downwards surge...

A lovely example of a man trading a plan....no matter how simple the plan, executed in line with his market perspective.
Very well done.