Dow Intraday charts 26/Jan - 30/Jan

Is CM's double bottom from last night turning into a triple ?....

Long 440 YM

............and stopped out at 50

Last edited:
follow through?

follw through on the cash dow?

Attachments

• snapshot-19.png
    snapshot-19.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 416
mombasa said:
staying out - looks nasty at the mo

hmm last two sessions ive traded from themid session with the ultimate dyas end in mind, managed to take money, but not pushing my luck , waiting for the back end of action this evening, ndx100 seems to be staying above 1500 at this time expect 1512 target dow 540 seems to be lagging ndx and s n p. so i think it may struggle, I still feel these are up hooks waiting for the hammer.

jd

Well, 35 points in 13mins will do me until this evening......or the next good chance..... ;)

It's bound to be unstable today........last day of the month apart from all the other conflicts........don't hold too long or get whipsawed imho...

Todays flat GDP data could be good news in disguise for stocks - it could delay any thoughts of rate hikes....

winding 5th in progress?

big triangle or grinding down in last wave before serious retracement?

Attachments

• snapshot-20.png
    snapshot-20.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 315
Is today slow or what!

hopefully setting up for a bigger move.

On the 100 sma theory, if it does not cross it (apart from the fisrt 30 mins) is it worth just staying out like today so far.

Kathy

assume that is the futures as you have that spike down
makes a mess of the count ?

I find the cash more manageable.

there, it looks more like a regular a/b/c flat ?

the trouble with elliott

thanks for the reply... it shouldn't .. what could happen is that the spike will amount to an extension which the rest of the waves, as they unfold to complete this degree, will effectively truncate as they don'yt amount to a posting of a new low
i must admit that elliott is difficult at times and need to remind myself it's all about probabilities...
i agree that the cash dow looks like an expanded flat [X] or 4th but...??..the trouble i've had with the cash is that the YM will complete the lessor degree waves overnight and i wait patiently for the cash to put them in only for the cash to ignore what i'm expecting and play cath me up with YM! So i follow the nadaq and sp500, too, to compliment / help /tweak/ [corrupt?!] my count so that it's tradable!!!..there is sooo much to learn!
i guess we all develop our own way of " seeing" things ..but i try above all to "follow" the market rather than impose my will on it..really hard to do sometimes!
i'll cut this waffle as time passes as i become more familiar with this board..
thanks

finally

finally.. the cash dow has a triangle brewing as prer the earlier post... this fits in with the larger degree count as an expanded flat and [C] of that flat will be imulsive= 12345= a triangle 4th would be excellent.. befor 5th finally pokes its nose to a new low on the cash dow

all the time

yes! sure i do-depends on what degree i'm annotating
corrections such as we are in invariably take the form of zig zags [abc's], double zzs [wxy] or triple zzs [wxyxz] this wave down could be a triple correction or an impulse [it's not overlapping]
we'll see how this ends then it'll be an easier matter- i trend the one min so it becomes a little academic as within the abc there will be 5's...do you use elliott?
regards..stu

sorry couldnt reply earlier site was down.

Still learning basic 5 and 3 wave counts on FTSE..so will have to read up on your wxyxz things :)

Excellent link wellshot, if I swot up over the weekend I may be able to understand a little more about the charts you are posting, never looked at the Dow from a EWA perspective, in fact never really looked at EWA so find it very interesting.

Anybody who managed to take a decent number of points out the market today deserves a medal, I made it into double figures (just !!!) :(

Boring day, consolidating and no doubt whipping butts...
I've wound the chart round to 15 mins to examine the possibility of a "rounded top". The peaks at 650 and 700 show breakouts from the ideal shape. It's such a long time since we had a top, I guess a lot of you will will never have seen one. :cheesy:
We'll just have to wait a bit longer...

Attachments

• dow 30-01-04 10.gif
    dow 30-01-04 10.gif
    35.8 KB · Views: 356