Dow Intraday charts 14/Feb - 18/Feb

FetteredChinos said:
erm lets start @ £5 a point, then add another £5 at 10,700, should we get there...
So its long at 730 for £5 then another £5 if it goes down to 700? I'm not sure I understand this.

I am truly confused !
( glad I have no positions open )

I understand the idea that 10,730 may be support, using price channel, etc, as per wellshots pic.

But, y'day, the talk was of a 150-pt drop. I would have thought thta 10,730 was a line-in-the-sand, that if it remained above, another sideways day. But a breach would confirm continued fall, with 10,730 becoming resistance.

I dont understand the BUY at 10,730 ! ( actually, I dont understand a BUY anywhere today. I would be looking for short-entries )

All of the above probably explains why I am still an amateur!!

have gone long @ 10760 , looking for a rally from here. (as per a recently discovered idea)

dont think we will see my 10730 from here.

came close pre-market, but no cigar..

its the taking part..right?!

noise? what noise! yeah it deafens!
i've done tis chart as i'm only trading for an hour or so and from time to time
[for this week]..hence time for the chart

Attachments

• snapshot-90.png
    snapshot-90.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 188
dunno brambs, i think that move might have been to sucker some shorts in...

stop is at 10680 for me..

I think you might be right Bramble. Atleast I hope so! Low volume down, high volume even more down. That'll do me fine.

I've got a stop +5 above the previous lower high. Risk 20pts. I'll let price action and volume decide when to get out (or the Stop will!)

Dropped a tad below the lower support line, but that's within thescope of drawing a line 15 days ago without any other reference points save the upper ones .:)

Attachments

• dow 18-02-05 10.gif
    dow 18-02-05 10.gif
    43.2 KB · Views: 180
2 min chart tonight to show the continuation from yesterday. Well worth a long off 732 and RSI O/S.

Attachments

• dow 18-02-05 1.gif
    dow 18-02-05 1.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 249
Fettered Chinos today:-
hey TS.. nice work on those calls... :)

looks like i may have some competition..

gentlemans wager on todays close?? im going for 10779.2

Mystic Meg after a quick shufti at the crystal ball:-
I'd go for 10790.64.....
The close:- 10785.22

Very close, true, but there can only be one winner……..!........ :cool:

FC – I naturally understood that the wager involved that £10k you’ve made in the markets in the last two years…..

Can you confirm this please……?!

ROTFLMAO...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hi Folks'
Not so good for me today, sort of comedy of errors type feel about it.
Initially wanted to go long at around 10742 level off PDB1 / inverse H&S but a bit of family strife broke out and I missed the entry.

Sat around screen watching for another chance, finally decided I may play the breakout of 10760. Got in long at 10762, just right.
Now the nerves set in and I picked up on what looked like a possible ND top forming, line C on the chart. Closed out at B for -2.

Managed to take another hit seeing the gap down at G thought a short would be in order although the 100/300ema's had crossed.
Stopped out at S for -14 (ouch).
Lovely bounce off the 100EMA though , if you were on board :rolleyes:
With hind sight the gap at G looks like it formed part of a wedge pattern but I'm not really clued up on these so not sure if it was significant.

Sat back and watched the price fly off without me. This game can be very testing at times!

Best Regards,
Neil

Attachments

• 18-FEB.gif
    18-FEB.gif
    58.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
TS you cheeky monkey....i forgot about your propensity to cheat.

but since im a nice guy, i will let you have a cornish pastie..

+221 on the dow this week.. if only they were always like this...:eek: