Dow Intraday charts 14/Feb - 18/Feb

sall said:
Guy/gals , just a quick question I 've just switched to sierra charts, what's the symbol for the YM contract , I've tried Q'H doesn't work..
cheers
Hi Sall,
According to Mytrack help, looks like it could be DJ, you have to add on the 'H for the current quarter.
Best check with some of the more knowlegeble though.

Best Regards,
Neil

Attachments

• symbols.png
    symbols.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 192
righty ho, its friday.. anyone fancy a long from 10730 this afternoon?

its been a turgid week thus far, and the weekly cycles look like it is building for a wapping great drop next week...

FetteredChinos said:

its been a turgid week thus far, and the weekly cycles look like it is building for a wapping great drop next week...

with your money - yes.

FetteredChinos said:

If it breaks down thru 750 with gusto I'll be short. If it does the 850 break (again with verve and elegance), I'll be long. [Both only on suitable re-test].

If it piddles around in a 750-850 I'll be pair trading the stocks...

Fc

may i ask how you came by 10730 as your long entry? and, too, why you would add to your shorts in what would be a losing poosition?..do you have a wide stop loss policy? [some have stops of 150 points!! when trading the dow.. like one of my trader buddies!]

i've offered my two pennith to arrive at 10730 as a likely support..thank you
wellshot

p.s have you really made a million or so in the markets?? [bloody hell!]

Attachments

• snapshot-89.png
    snapshot-89.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 202
p.s have you really made a million or so in the markets?? [bloody hell!]
A million laughs, I'm sure - not to be sniffed at......!......... :LOL:

Not a million miles out, but by the end of Wednesday’s session the triangle had morphed into a bear flag, and with the major trendline break yesterday; the result could only be:-

Bears-1 / Plunge Prevention Team – 0

However, I’m watching the falling wedge triangle that has developed, which may indicate that the bulls have a trick or two up their sleeves yet…..... :cool:

Attachments

• 18-02-05.gif
    18-02-05.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 166
sorry wellshot.. im going long at 10730, not short (??)

10730 is based on std deviation of weekly ranges, mixed in with a bit of daily deviations from wednesday's high..

all in all, bloody complicated,

AND im using a bit of taylor's 3 day cycle, which anticipates an early dip followed by a rally..

10730 region would suffice for that.

also, i would only be going in half cocked at 10730 - the next std deviation i have is approx 10,700 , which also happens to be round number support, so another half position would go on then..

and no, i havent made a million in the markets.. try £10k profit over 2 years..

not nearly enough to survive on. but the last few months have been a lot better... :) (224 dow points this week!!! :) )

hey TS.. nice work on those calls... :)

looks like i may have some competition..

gentlemans wager on todays close?? im going for 10779.2

i have thought about it in the past, but the friday close is so dependant on the first few days action that i wouldnt be able to make a call till wednesday probably.. by which time, its too late..

nevermind... US data in 30 mins.. might go and polish my knees until then...

I did last Sunday - see the Dow Comp - I'm sticking with it even if it's wrong.......!

I can be convinced I'm right even when I'm obviously wrong if there's no cash on it.... ;)

But 5 days on I'd go for 10790.64.....

Last edited:
FC and TS

sorry FC, i meant to say add longs not shorts...and thanks for your comments re: cycles etc..read a fair bit on that a few years ago [i admit im hazy on that approach now]but find i'm hanging in on "a promise" of a reversal when a mirror of the anticipated move could arrive on the due date..thanks again..[ i'm assuming the std dev' is a referral to the bolliger band stuff top and bottom lines to the sma in the middle??]
TS
i , too saw the wedge the other day [taking shape] which is why i dared to suggest mt count was wrong [yeah, which one wellshot!?! ho ho ho] and wondreed at a large wave 4 [the ref: to the overlapping stuff from wednesday...settling in 10700 region..]
its a toughy and i admire your fortitude [you must enjoy it!?]in taking part in the dow comp!

i was worn out 2 years ago with it all and go for 1 min swing stuff...one day [and i mean this] i'd love to get back to tradig the 5 min charts and trade with larger size..all in good time
regards
WS

Last edited:
thanks for clarifying that WS :)

dont know how you can trade off 1-min charts.. the noise is unbearable IMHO.

good luck though, and i wish you well. there are many ways to skin this cat.

im going for the 34-inch samurai sword today..

10,730 is getting pretty damn close.. missed it by 5 points on the news release.. :(