Dow Intraday charts 14/Feb - 18/Feb

10,880-900 and down chaps... ;)

might well hit it in the normal session at this rate.. possibly overnight though.

bradley turn date on the 16th.. been accurate for the past couple of years give or take a day...

nastyduck

for ref: comparison to dow

Attachments

• snapshot-81.png
    snapshot-81.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 193
b'dum tish TS. i had to read that twice, and then re-read my original one..

crumbs, im either getting old, or tired , or both..

nurse, the screens...!

Double top and down? 1 more day of ND?Pullback to 800? Plenty of choices....

Attachments

• dow 16-02-05 10.gif
    dow 16-02-05 10.gif
    43 KB · Views: 197
Tricky start,but a good run in the middle, if you caught the 800 break.

Attachments

• dow 16-02-05 1.gif
    dow 16-02-05 1.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 208
thanks rogue trader !

a rule of thumb nicely demonstrated.....

Added by ChartMan so it doesn't get lost-
Everything goes in 'threes'. perfect example.

Attachments

• snapshot-84.png
    snapshot-84.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 187
what do you mean, over trading??!!

only traded for a while today....

went mental...guess we all have those days
i remind myself that indicators are there to do just that...indicate! and not lead the decision making process

used black background this p.m...feeling mellow and went mental..must have been the different colours!

hope the chart makes sense

Attachments

• snapshot-88.png
    snapshot-88.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 252
intc.JPG
Hmmm, dunno if this is of use gents... but I figure you can always ignore it...
Anyone who's read Chick Goslin presumably figured a MACD that used periods of around 3,10,21 or similar with a 49 or 50 SMA would see not outlandishly different SL/ML/TL lines to those described. Here's INTC as of a few minutes back, I am currently short since getting home etc and about 10c currently on the short.

The MACD equates to CG's SL (MACD) and ML (signal line) with a noticeable divergence showing currently.... I'm still short, not least because all the lines are southbound - this is also a 1-2-3 with a breach of the '2' I would suggest. I'm not suggesting a direction as I'm often wrong, although I am personally happy staying short right now for a close at/before 2100 today. I just figured it might be something some would like to have brought to their attention.

Dave
Edited a lot to try to get an image in it that wasn't 3 ft wide... apologies all round!

Last edited:
wellshot.........thanks for the very informative charts, helped greatly.
I had not read any significance into gaps on the 1 min chart untill now,
and what is interesting, if you project the gaps into the future, they become
tradable support and resistance.

cheers Steve

Good idea, probably...
I'm now a bit happier at about 20c up (it takes little to make me happy these days) with support apparently at 23.72 and little sign of serious support actually kicking in.... I think 23.72 is going to go. Check the daily chart, we're on bar 2 of a downmove, it's maybe 50% down the last big up candle, the price also looks incapable of breaching the last top from November.
As I'm SB'ing this one I started 8c behind, so my 'call' is now 28c up.... any other opinions? I'm used to being wrong but this just looks like a fairly basic climb onto a downtrend.

Well I never. I'ts like magic... 3 pk ND top and a drop to the lower support line that's been floating in mid air since ages ago.... How did that happen? :cheesy:

Attachments

• dow 17-02-05 10.gif
    dow 17-02-05 10.gif
    45.5 KB · Views: 173
Not convinced about the CCI bump PD but the 10 min chart does suggest we're on suport....

Attachments

• dow 17-02-05 1.gif
    dow 17-02-05 1.gif
    30.3 KB · Views: 185
Hi Folks,
Anyone spot the nice little base range, A-B with slight overshoot at X?

With hind sight I think this could have been played, taking a long of the retest of the breakout of the upper channel line using the channel width to set a target of '800 ish.

Best Regards,
Neil

Attachments

• Image3.png
    Image3.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 180
Guy/gals , just a quick question I 've just switched to sierra charts, what's the symbol for the YM contract , I've tried Q'H doesn't work..
cheers

Sall, if you're with IB/Sierra then it's YM-200503-ECBOT. If it's MyTrack then the symbol after the Q is NOT an apostophe, it slants backwards. This is found just to the left of the space bar on a laptop, and by memory I think it's up in the topleft of a desktop keyboard!
Hope this helps
Q