Dow 2007

anyone care to have a go?

I normally shy away from that kinda stuff but as u invite a reply then I'll oblige:

I trade intraday and medium term. I entered a medium term trade today. I'm long 15 contracts from 517 ym with a target of 900 with a stop loss @ 13100 which will be $28k+ profit ex costs if successful

have already taken some heat and won't be surprised to take a lot more but expect to close for a profit B4 end of February

Rgds

E

p.s. I'm sure that people will refer to the r/r ratio and my reasons for entering the trade but I'm just replying to this invite "to have a go" so lets just monitor it and I'll comment again after its closed.

btw this is not a paper trade but a real one!

Last edited:
for a min there I didnt think I would get a reply

looking at todays price to go short with a high % you would look at the 630 region to be rejected any higher than this would open the possibility of a break of 700 which would be a reverse long.

looking for a long a high % you would look in the 245 region given the short term trend of down, a medium % would be in the 389 region with a fail area just below the 2nd bounce this evening 336 area

well I drew those levels on my chart, now I can't see my chart ... good luck all! .. we can't all win .. would you prefer cash or a cheque?:LOL:

I normally shy away from that kinda stuff but as u invite a reply then I'll oblige:

I trade intraday and medium term. I entered a medium term trade today. I'm long 15 contracts from 517 ym with a target of 900 with a stop loss @ 13100 which will be $28k+ profit ex costs if successful

have already taken some heat and won't be surprised to take a lot more but expect to close for a profit B4 end of February

The thing I find remarkable about these posts, is that people usually state their "potential profit"... but hardly ever mention their "potential loss" :|

For the record, this is by no means a comment on the trade itself. I'm not suited for that, given the time frame that's totally out of the question for my style. The only thing I can add to that, is "good luck"!

Last edited:
The thing I find remarkable about these posts, is that people usually state their "potential profit"... but hardly ever mention their "potential loss" :|

For the record, this is by no means a comment on the trade itself. I'm not suited for that, given the time frame that's totally out of the question for my style. The only thing I can add to that, is "good luck"!

The psychology of the post, interesting, I just read it and thought stop is approx 30k plus change which isnt that bad a R/R,
for the trade itself we dont know the descision behind the entry price but the target level is just under recent highs and the stop is below 50% of recent rally, which is very reasonable

medium % level and FTSE approaching 396

Short pos from last night has paid off. :)

DOW charts looks like it's totally about to break down and test 13000s again to me - despite the festive season.

Looking at the DAX we have the same setup as the DOW from couple of days ago. I suspect with confidence and continued gloom, markets will edge down. Daily's look like a safe short - dare I say.

Hourly charts showing oversold but on a support line. Hence, rise/fall 50/50 but overall a short setup for me.

Hence, closed pos on DOW to see what happens on open and also just gone short on the DAX expending similar action to the DOW price.

Good trading everyone... :)

Atilla - No Santa:(

my position is I expect the FTSE to produce a new weekly low tomorrow though there is still an upside target @632

The Dax has a down side target @845 I would prefer a price of 8063 first

for the Dow its make or break time it needs to signal a buy today and break 770 tomorrow if we get a fail of 630 first and then a new low then we are in a new down trend target in the 11k zone

for the Dow its make or break time it needs to signal a buy today and break 770 tomorrow if we get a fail of 630 first and then a new low then we are in a new down trend target in the 11k zone

so far it's holding yesterday's low, so I went long from yesterday's low (lurker ;)

13350 - 450 (cash) has been quite a prominent area over the past 2 months, with the new release of buying over the past few days into this area, theres probably a good chance it will hold for a while.

13250ish another good spot for possible support, but it all depends on institutional confidence.

Just some thoughts.

so far it's holding yesterday's low, so I went long from yesterday's low (lurker ;)

What topsy turvy ride on the DAX but I believe it's starting to break down now. Still short.

Looking at the DOW in the absence of positive news crumbs it looks like it's on route to 13280 to me.

Be interesting to see what happens in the evening... :)

Anybody know what has happened to HookShot? Is he off on his travels spending his hard earnt pips??? Probably in Vagas crying over his lost bet over Hatton...

What topsy turvy ride on the DAX but I believe it's starting to break down now. Still short.

Looking at the DOW in the absence of positive news crumbs it looks like it's on route to 13280 to me.

Be interesting to see what happens in the evening... :)

I'm still holding some of those longs... no real reason to exit yet... took some off for +50 earlier on. Have to say it's not looking that strong.

I'm still holding some of those longs... no real reason to exit yet... took some off for +50 earlier on. Have to say it's not looking that strong.

right... when you say "no real reason to exit yet" regd. long positions.. that reminds me of the last time it dipped over 200 points.. I take it there's going to be another today ?!!

Expanding and contracting volatility. A boring inside day. Still some pips to be had though.

I wonder does anyone on this thread do daily dow binaries? If so, I wonder how many people have regard for option pricing theory, and in particular the volatility figures which the betting firms use when making a price. Feel free to PM if you know about this and are interested in discussing it further. I think I may have found something interesting.

right... when you say "no real reason to exit yet" regd. long positions.. that reminds me of the last time it dipped over 200 points.. I take it there's going to be another today ?!!

if we break support, I will consider shorts
I'm leaving myself open to anything the market offers