Dow 2007

Exciting day tomorrow I think. Wondering if you feel another 300+/- day is on the cards again. Was expecting it today but tomorrow hopefuly will be just as good.

Goodnight everyone. :D

interesting you ask tomorrow is expected to be a 400 ish then tight ranges next week

the dow needs to print a price for shorts to be exited, the plan is to gap up to the 630 in the morning or hit early doors of european session then fall look like its going to close gap but take it down to 245 area

interesting you ask tomorrow is expected to be a 400 ish then tight ranges next week

the dow needs to print a price for shorts to be exited, the plan is to gap up to the 630 in the morning or hit early doors of european session then fall look like its going to close gap but take it down to 245 area

there's a plan? who's in charge? can I get an advanced copy?
sorry to be glib, but you're post makes it sound like you know something you can't possibly know. Anyway I don't mind being proved wrong.
good luck

sorry to be glib, but you're post makes it sound like you know something you can't possibly know. Anyway I don't mind being proved wrong.
good luck

Hi Shortlong
No market is random sure there are anomalies and surprises but for the most part they move in a measured fasion

Hi Shortlong
No market is random sure there are anomalies and surprises but for the most part they move in a measured fasion

:cool: I know DC. In the eighties, breakdancing and shell suits were the move in a measured fashion.

What about the 50's and 60's though? Was the crash of 29 still hanging on to rag time and 'Art Deco'?

Right, that's enough of me making a tw*t of myself.

Goodnight.

Two days ago we reversed direction on the 10 day moving average, today we are sitting on the 50 day MA.
Next move down to 20 day MA with a close of 286 on Monday.

It's a plan - but more like one of Murdock's than Hannibal's

firewalker, you've been hot ,great chart reading ,calls and trades, hats off, and thanks fore sharing your #s

Have I missed something here ? has FW been posting on another thread

Dow dancing here waiting for the FTSE to complete its move a 376 will do for the shorts anyone fancy a 376 to 475 into the close that would give the Dow plenty of space, and take the FTSE for Monday down to 349 which is bob on for a rally

Have I missed something here ? has FW been posting on another thread

I guess you missed it while trying to calculate what the market is going to do the next day or week or so.

Meanwhile we've all been trading the "now" instead of the future :)

oh and yes, I post on a lot of threads... I even did some on live trading chat rooms

good luck

You know how the story goes. We've all seen what happened to those who said "everything is known in advance".

I dont know, but im hoping that FW being a 'T2W advisor' means that he is now on offer to trade our accounts for us. On recent performance, im first in the queue! Well done FW, you've knocked spots off everyone else recently.

Thanks for the comment. What I've shown is nothing extraordinary though. I used the same principles to make those trades as I did a couple of months ago when I showed lurkerlurker that all you need is a simple system. And the discipline to follow it. Which comes from confidence.

Other people have done it before me, Dinos used to make excellent live calls too. Trader_dante has shown that you can be very profitable using very straightforward methods. You only need to stay open to what the market does, without having a bias about what's going to happen next. Remember the five fundamental truths from Douglas.

Thanks for the comment. What I've shown is nothing extraordinary though. I used the same principles to make those trades as I did a couple of months ago when I showed lurkerlurker that all you need is a simple system. And the discipline to follow it. Which comes from confidence.

Other people have done it before me, Dinos used to make excellent live calls too. Trader_dante has shown that you can be very profitable using very straightforward methods. You only need to stay open to what the market does, without having a bias about what's going to happen next. Remember the five fundamental truths from Douglas.

I would like to see some live calls.... where do you post them?

Cheers,
Karmit

And the Seven Principles of Consistency!?
I think the fundamental problem most trading newbies have is trading with too much emotion. That's certainly me :confused:

Good point! But most of that emotion comes out of not having sufficiently tested your strategy. If you are confident in the results you came up with during testing or papertrading, there is no reason to be less confident when putting real money on the line. Unless you risk more on a single trade than you can deal with.

This is the last post of trolls like you I'm going to reply to
Get yourself some glasses. Or contacts. :rolleyes:

Must confess I tried live calls and it all becomes unmanagable.

I'm more interested in traders view of direction, targets and general comments realy.

Do love charts and diagrams.

Live calls don't do much for me I'm afraid.

Also, indication of win or loss or closing parts of trades or trading strategies with SL or trailing SL I also found very interesting.

Without all this relevant information, mere entry and exits - live trades is like following somebodies tail lights in thick fog...

Must confess I tried live calls and it all becomes unmanagable.

I'm more interested in traders view of direction, targets and general comments realy.

Do love charts and diagrams.

Live calls don't do much for me I'm afraid.

Also, indication of win or loss or closing parts of trades or trading strategies with SL or trailing SL I also found very interesting.

Without all this relevant information, mere entry and exits - live trades is like following somebodies tail lights in thick fog...

If you go through my posts of the last couple of days (and months to be honest), you'll notice that I've set a target in advance. I usually also post if and when I move my stop to breakeven, when I scale out or when I take profits. There's only so much one can say.

Nobody said one had to follow somebody else's trail.

Good trading to you Atilla, I enjoy your charts and longer term views but they don't exactly do much for me neither :)

I use to post live calls as Firewalker mentioned, it is an excellent way to show your credability in analysing and trading the market, however, I stopped making them as I noticed others took (posted) trades shortly after mine, akin to taking what I was saying as gospel, if the trade didn't work and I closed out, I got a few PM's, not nice ones either. My decision therefore was not to publish actual trades anymore, in fact, I have distanced myself from the thread, however, I am prepared to state what I'm looking at, direction and what I hope out of the trade without pinning the trade down to an actual figure.