Dow 2007

makes you think why they didnt announce it yesterday ehhh? unless they scribbled on the back of a fag packet after the market sold off......

Ehh, good job Brian Sullivan wasn't anchoring bloomberg telly when this broke, you see him yesterday with the rate decision slot to the close.... like he was on 2 grammes of whizz or somethin....... bet he would of been jackin off on tv with this one..... yeeee haaaaaaaa.
:)

god bless America........

oh well . business as usual .. super bull today? .. probably not . so why am I long .. oh yeah ..I'm getting my revenge 'cause I was short before that spike .. grr.. gnash gnash .. etc .. ooops .. bailed .. flat

".........The Fed is coordinating the measures with the European Central Bank, Bank of England, Bank of Canada and Swiss National Bank, the Fed said in a statement in Washington. The Fed will auction term funds to banks against a ``wide variety of collateral.'' All ``generally sound'' institutions can participate, the statement said...............".
Bloomberg.com: Worldwide
Do they include the proverbial kitchen sink?!

hmmm yeah, long term is it healthy? I dunno.... or is just giving the market a bit of smack...... ? interesting to see how things settle after its all digested , seems like a permanent way forward ? material benefits, or desperation?

I dont know.....

Good short. Do you agree that there isn't any real support until 620,600, maybe even 580?

I'm betting on this coming a lot lower before the close.

Price can always make support along the way though :)

My next target to close out the rest of my position is around 13575 fut though.
Will see how things go, this might consolidate in mid-air, travel back to the highs for a re-test and then plunge. I moved my stops to 13650, don't want to let the unrealized profits vanish into thin air too much. That would still be +115 points, covering the loss I made on the earlier short (-30, suffered some slippage unfortunately).

PS: I only make bets playing poker ;)

nice one .. what happened with your earlier short though? .. you were "scaling in "

See my previous post... a loss that I didn't see coming. Doubt anybody saw that big a sike coming anyway.
I was going to add on the open, presuming we were still hovering at the same level.
I was unfortunate to suffer slippage, but fortunate enough to have only a small position in.

See my previous post... a loss that I didn't see coming. Doubt anybody saw that big a sike coming anyway.
I was going to add on the open, presuming we were still hovering at the same level.
I was unfortunate to suffer slippage, but fortunate enough to have only a small position in.

cheers .. much appreciated

I wonder if Im thinking what your thinking??

Ooooh! Who knows?:idea:

Well, i take it we're both 'charties', we'll see the same chart, but will we think the same about what we are seeing?

Did you enjoy the slide? Painstaking waiting for them buggers, fun being on one though. I didn't get one iota of it.

Good trading.

tight rein on this one, with no tail on futures bar buying could be left for tomorrow

on the shorts psychology. I am happier short on the indicies [forex don't matter] because the risk is to the downside. Moves down tend to have more power so are quicker fear being stronger than greed. Perhaps pre June when that carry trade was on longs were a no brainer but now with everyone so jumpy i can understand why some like shorting setups. Although i agree the trading strat should work both ways.

Having said that i love this rolling volatility.

So will 13550 hold? Perhaps a long with a target of previous high? too late in the day for me.

Ooooh! Who knows?:idea:

Well, i take it we're both 'charties', we'll see the same chart, but will we think the same about what we are seeing?

Did you enjoy the slide? Painstaking waiting for them buggers, fun being on one though. I didn't get one iota of it.

Good trading.

ah no chart just numbers, thought you were doing app lied math