Dow 2007

That's all I use now (for Dow, Dax, FTSE, Ibex and Cable) And divergence, of course.

It's being good for me at the moment :LOL:

Great to hear it , I found em pretty consistant if you dont mess about and keep it the same (to include useing same SB firm, you get used to their mmmm" habbits:devilish: )

I would add I concentrate on price levels these days, get less signals and less whiplash
and less server errors :!: :confused:

I concentrate on entries at levels in the market in higher timeframes to avoid SB useing their wide spread to draw pretty entries and trip all the macd/stocks on their platforms :devilish:

Well thats just my view of the market :D whats YOURS :?:

Hi M8,

You are one of a kind it would seem in your willingness to help others on this thread. Very pertinent regarding one way traffic! Perhaps the Moderators could give some input into persuading the many, (and they know who they are), of those who remain 'silent', to also contribute to the success of those less able.
After all, we are supposed to help each other, are we not?

cheers - Tricks

Food for thought, eh guys and girls?

P.S. We are, are we not, only individual 'private traders', up against the Institutions and the PPT?

hi tricks,

a very nice thought indeed. my input to your comment would be to open a different thread in which you guys can discuss methods, setups, etc.

that way, those that want to share can do so at their own will, and those that want to learn can ask questions. i would suggest that all that is done "off" trading hours, such that you chaps dont get distracted from what you do.

IMHO, such a thread would most likely need active moderation such that it is not derailed, and that those kind enough to share are not put off in doing so, and that those that want to learn can ask questions.

have a think, and feel free to PM me if you want to pursue it further. i am happy to help with the more active moderation if you guys decide to do so. (im affraid that is as far as i can go with helping on "dow trading methods" :eek: )

Given the comments inviting more input on this thread, I would like to offer my humble opinion regarding medium term targets for the YM based on my interpretation of price action alone.

Some up move movement may yet remain however I expect at least a 1000pt drop from these levels down to 12900ish by the end of October or sooner.

Off course I may be wrong but I don't think so :)

Am going away soon but will check upon levels closer to that time.

Happy Trading All

ElsaQ

ElasQ

Welcome to the thread, care to expand how derive the figures you mentioned

Hi Dinos

Just back from the school run!

Thankyou for the welcome.

I haven't got the time to give you a detailed reply however basically the levels are derived from price movement since August, in particular I note areas of S+R and the volume traded when breaking these areas.

I'll elaborate another time however I apologise but I haven't got the time right now.

ElsaQ

Which direction though :rolleyes:

Days like this I get a picture in my mind that I cant shake,

Holding pattern all day , yawn, yawn yawn :!:

All the pension Fund managers and Big players all on their mobies to each other and agreeing not to do anything to rock the boat :rolleyes:

Disturbed I know , but its a fair indicator that its time to go

Given the comments inviting more input on this thread, I would like to offer my humble opinion regarding medium term targets for the YM based on my interpretation of price action alone.

Some up move movement may yet remain however I expect at least a 1000pt drop from these levels down to 12900ish by the end of October or sooner.

Off course I may be wrong but I don't think so :)

Am going away soon but will check upon levels closer to that time.

Happy Trading All

ElsaQ

Welcome to the Dow thread ElsaQ. I'm not too sure about that myself - I am still aghast at the audacity of Helicopter Ben! I made about 10 pips that day, and have been losing ever since. I've lost 13 pips today, and I am thinking of stopping now. Not a good day to trade. I don't think we'll see sub-13000 levels again any time soon, though I think I might sell 14,000 if the break isn't convincing.

Do you think they will go for a close above 14K?

I.m caught out on my short, hourlys and higher min charts suggest lower, I intend holding and will turn into a position trade should this go against me, downside to that, will restrict my trading abilities on the down to short only.

Heres hoping

Off out now, check back later, good luck

Welcome to the Dow thread ElsaQ. I'm not too sure about that myself - I am still aghast at the audacity of Helicopter Ben! I made about 10 pips that day, and have been losing ever since. I've lost 13 pips today, and I am thinking of stopping now. Not a good day to trade. I don't think we'll see sub-13000 levels again any time soon, though I think I might sell 14,000 if the break isn't convincing.

Do you think they will go for a close above 14K?

Welcome ElsaQ,

I was considering a post but lurkerLurker beat me,

I think we will see 14000 or close, the short will be a hard entry to get right and will involve a bit of dancing across those tops, When :?: it gets there I will short weakness at the top of ranges in close month contract just in case I end up well in the money.

Last edited:
My worst trading week in recent memory

Welcome ElsaQ,

I was considering a post but lurkerLurker beat me,

I think we will see 14000 or close, the short will be a hard entry to get right and will involve a bit of dancing across those tops, When :?: it gets there I will short weakness at the top of ranges in close month contract just in case I end up well in the money.

That sounds like a good plan. I have stopped trading for the day - I have a gain of 21 pips on the week which makes this my worst week in 10 weeks, measured in both pips and pounds. However, stopping now gives me 10 winning weeks in a row, for the first time in my trading experience. Difficult week to trade, unless you were long before FOMC (I consider myself fairly ballsy (or reckless) over news, but even I was flat into that and couldn't get long at a nice price). Today marks my second losing day in a row also, which means it is time to rethink my trading. I will lose more money if I don't stop now, so I need to impose some discipline. No trading until Tuesday!

I'm also quite busy over this weekend, so I should make a start on some tasks now. I hope everyone has a good weekend - the markets will still be here next week.

We have a few important economic news releases next week - Tuesday has US Existing Home Sales (15:00), Wednesday has US Durable Goods orders at 13:30, Thursday has the all important US GDP at 13:30 and New Home Sales at 15:00.

I'll finish up by welcoming our new contributors - this thread does need some "new blood" as it were. ElsaQ, I look forward to your bearish PV analysis.