Dow 2007

Just caught a bit of Greenspan's interview. Interesting view on the fear and greed factor.
Benny on soon in front of Congress.

Thanks Dinos, I had a look last night and looks good, will download demo end of day and the wait till I get a full week of work to try live for 7 days

Much appreciated :D

Top down (all timeframes)for me pat to try get general direction, shorter timeframes for trading, albiet only trading the DAX this afternoon, Dow/Nas tonight

Well, calling it a day at that, Mrs just walked in, :( sure to be hell up not a dish washed, good job I snatched a few points earlier.

Id leave a bracketed order but I know how those SB boys just love to collect em all and whip em about a bit :LOL: :LOL:

Trade well and stay out of trouble, thanks for advice

Top down (all timeframes)for me pat to try get general direction, shorter timeframes for trading, albiet only trading the DAX this afternoon, Dow/Nas tonight

I feel that this is the crucial area for scalpers to concentrate on to be successful. What to do if the longer disagree with the shorter ? In and out quicker ? Maybe a bit cautious and stick to the longer timeframes only and when they both agree ?
As usual in this game probably no definative answer here

Pat

Agree, tis why I prefer my short term position trading to day trading, less stressful, however, when the day trading goes well, can't complain, had a good morning but dismal afternoon, exit to early etc. time for a tea break

Well, calling it a day at that, Mrs just walked in, :( sure to be hell up not a dish washed, good job I snatched a few points earlier.

I know what you mean. When my Mrs. comes in from work (teacher, so usually 3.45pm) she always asks how I've done for the day. If I'm behind target - it's because I've been chatting to mates on the phone all day and not concentrating, but if I'm ahead - it's mmm good, lets eat out tonight. Bl**dy women.....

I know what you mean. When my Mrs. comes in from work (teacher, so usually 3.45pm) she always asks how I've done for the day. If I'm behind target - it's because I've been chatting to mates on the phone all day and not concentrating, but if I'm ahead - it's mmm good, lets eat out tonight. Bl**dy women.....

Im still here, indexs are still in range, im up to 60 cups of tea

but on a brighter note the MRS is happy so I should get some tea.

Then the bl####y Dow will break, Ill get indigestion :devilish: we have to go out later so its bound to be a BIG move :!:
Don"t miss it lads its the best indicator in my tool box :LOL: :LOL:

Boringgggggggggggggggggggg

Hate days like this, virtually untradable at the min

Had enough, back later

A bit of reading while nothings happening

NEW YORK (AP) - Long-term Treasurys sold off for a third straight session Thursday, wounded by ongoing worries that this week's U.S. rate cuts will accelerate inflation and by new concerns that Saudi Arabia may lighten its Treasury holdings.

Treasurys began falling sharply on Tuesday, pushing their yields higher, on fears that inflation will accelerate because the Federal Reserve has cheapened the cost of money.

Lower U.S. rates also damaged the dollar's standing against the euro and some of its other major rivals, a development that in turn has the potential to make Treasurys less desirable. Foreign governments with dollar-based currency reserves generally make Treasurys their asset of choice, but a deteriorating dollar could cause them to opt for other instruments.

New rate developments overnight in the oil-rich Persian Gulf states kept a spotlight on the possibility of foreign governments turning against dollar reserves and, by extension, Treasurys.

The benchmark 10-year Treasury note was 23/32 lower at 100 29/32 with a yield of 4.63 percent, up from 4.52 percent at Wednesday's close. Heavy selling following the U.S. rate cuts has driven the yield on the 10-year note nearly 3 percent higher in the past two days. Prices and yields move in opposite directions.

The 30-year long bond was under the heaviest selling pressure, down 1 10/32 at 101 7/32 with a 4.92 percent yield, contrasting with 4.82 percent on Wednesday. The 30-year yield has appreciated more than 3.5 percent since Tuesday's rate cuts.

The 2-year note has been under less pressure. It is down 2/32 at 99 28/32 with a 4.05 yield, up from 3.99 percent on Wednesday.

Hookshot

Somethings going to give sooner or later, I have to go to Tesco's now, whens its going to happen??????, probably in the next 20 mins!!!!!!!!

Hookshot

Somethings going to give sooner or later, I have to go to Tesco's now, whens its going to happen??????, probably in the next 20 mins!!!!!!!!

hi dinos,

isnt it all clued in the article you posted above? to me, it seems like it is the T Bonds who will end up giving the signal to direction.

j

Jacinto, true, but market a law unto themselves at the min

Break came I see, on my 1 min chart at 13785, not going chase this, if a clear opportunity comes then we will see, anybody get in??

Had 3 shorts today. All stopped out for a loss and yet it is drifting lower with the occasional hiccup

1 min chart trading

Interestingly, on my 1 min chart, with the 34 & 55 trendlines heading down, a macd setting of 55, 144,34, a crossover of ma10/ma34, co-incided with with c/o on the macd.

The macd histogram can be used as a directional guide to the trade, with the macd as the momentum indicator, take out the pa fluactuations, there was a clear a short signal generated which if acted upon would have enabled a trade to continue even now.

Alternatively, using sell high, buy low, using the slow macd signal as a guide, there was a fairly good opportunity there to bag some good points.

Have a look, let me know what you think