Dow 2007

My MACD is 12 26 9 and it definately looks bearish
Surprised you're not in ???

MACD 55,144,34 on 5 min chart

Check this out.

Dow at 15.40 DEMA (8)/MA (10) crossover co-incided with stochastic confirmation of an inpending fall.

The MACD had already crossed and showing negative bars, momentum between line 55,34, consistant, all indicating downward momentum.

Taking out the price fluctuation, had you gone short on the dema/ma/stoch crossover at 13824, the use of the macd at these setting would have ensured you would still be in the trade now at 13751.

As like the 1 min, using sell high buy low, there was fantastic trading opportunites in there

Have a look, test, and let me know how you get on

Check this out.

Dow at 15.40 DEMA (8)/MA (10) crossover co-incided with stochastic confirmation of an inpending fall.

The MACD had already crossed and showing negative bars, momentum between line 55,34, consistant, all indicating downward momentum.

Taking out the price fluctuation, had you gone short on the dema/ma/stoch crossover at 13824, the use of the macd at these setting would have ensured you would still be in the trade now at 13751.

As like the 1 min, using sell high buy low, there was fantastic trading opportunites in there

Have a look, test, and let me know how you get on

OK I'll try it

Pat

No, I'm not in and probably wont be tonight, had a very good morning on the dax, extremely indifferent in the afternoon, 6 trades, 6 winners, starting with good points, fading out badly in the end with poor points. Had difficulty reading the charts properly today and lacked confidence after entering the trade and exiting to early after doubting I had taken the right trade, when had I stayed in the trade I would have taken more points.

So I prefer not to trade, when I'm not really comfortable, and re-look at improving settings etc, eg macd,55,144,34

Pat, shame, this really is a useful tool, I can post a chart showing, only I notice when charts are posted they are to small to really see what I what to point out, has anybody any ideas how I can make the charts bigger

Tricks, got your pm, I'm finishing now, beers chilled to the right temp, so I will get back to you tomorrow

Nice to see 15 people on the thread, not many posting, come on guys, lets have your thoughts & ideas, we are all here to "trade2win", any input for us to debate/consider would be useful, rather than one way traffic of ideas/trading strats

Your MACD figures are too big for my system to even register !
Can't do Tema either.Using 8 ema and 10 sma looks ok though

Ah done it,I needed 2 days not 1. On the S&P it was showing up until 6pm and down all the way from there.

Meh. Net -19 today, +39 on the week. Not great so far. Probably taking tomorrow off.

Ian, the CBOT did listen to me, and fixed their live book. YMZ7 is now online! You can thank me later :LOL:

Meh. Net -19 today, +39 on the week. Not great so far. Probably taking tomorrow off.

Ian, the CBOT did listen to me, and fixed their live book. YMZ7 is now online! You can thank me later :LOL:

I'm short again. Trying to recoup the losses of yesterday... Today is a better day.

I have the 4 hour chart's price falling below my MAs supported by MACD and Stochastics.
On daily charts I see a lower high turning off. Just waiting for MACD to support the turn. Stochastics look over extended too.

Will leave this one overnight.

Good trading everyone... :D

Nice to see 15 people on the thread, not many posting, come on guys, lets have your thoughts & ideas, we are all here to "trade2win", any input for us to debate/consider would be useful, rather than one way traffic of ideas/trading strats

Well being a newby did nt want to put trading methods forward to boldly :eek: but

Directed at Pat (Cornwall) I noticed you been stopped out a few times today :(

Hope the last one was a winner,

I found the same when I used to trade Dow, cant trade it a lot at the minute due to very busy house and work etc.

If you notice in the small wee time frames of the minute, the market if not ZIG Zagging nearly always takes out its last LOW or HIGH unless its news announcements or on one of those long trend days that I always miss :(

I found if I got an Entry at key level see me FTSE post Id aways be better waitin on the Dow for the re -test of most recent LOW or HIGH in the wee minute chart before entering. I found you miss a few moves but on the whole I prefered it than taking death by a thousand cuts treatment.

Dont now if its just SB market or Real one two :?: Think Dinos can provide answer to that.

Again sorry to post, dont wish to interfere with anyones method just thought it might help, I am sure you lot have noticed that anyway. Getting Stopped out does me nut in:devilish: I like to be the one to say parties over within risk management rules of course.

Another day another dollar..

Not sure what else is on the agenda for tomorrow news wise but...

Goldman's CEO gave an interview earlier in the month saying the global credit crunch was not over......... in light of their stellar results this was an interesting comment perhaps ?

Article gets published in full tomorrow 21 Sept should be interesting to hear what the media make of it... since today was all about Goldman's great numbers..

We had an inside day today and as we look forward to the weekend so some action is likely :cheesy:

The CBOT Live Book

Dont now if its just SB market or Real one two :?: Think Dinos can provide answer to that.

Guys, if you are spreadbetting, you should have a real price to check SB prices against. For users who do not wish extra software installed, or the hassle of getting a live feed elsewhere, may I once again recommend the CBOT Live Book. Aside from them quoting a non-existent contract and no price earlier today (YMV7????), it is an incredibly fast, stable, and reliable order book. You can see the last trade, and the 10 best bids / offers with order volume. Whether you read the book, or just want to check your SB firm isn't skewing the quote, you should use this to help your YM trading. (Just remember that most if not all SB shops take the average of the bid and offer and make a spread around that. This mid price may not be the same as the last price traded.) The Live Book also shows the real $INDU cash value (not the futures adjusted SB "cash" price), which can be somewhat useful in itself (although be aware that it is slower than the futures)

Hope this helps somewhat.

Hi M8,

You are one of a kind it would seem in your willingness to help others on this thread. Very pertinent regarding one way traffic! Perhaps the Moderators could give some input into persuading the many, (and they know who they are), of those who remain 'silent', to also contribute to the success of those less able.
After all, we are supposed to help each other, are we not?

cheers - Tricks

Food for thought, eh guys and girls?

P.S. We are, are we not, only individual 'private traders', up against the Institutions and the PPT?

Last edited:
Hi M8,

You are one of a kind it would seem in your willingness to help others on this thread. Very pertinent regarding one way traffic! Perhaps the Moderators could give some input into persuading the many, (and they know who they are), of those who remain 'silent', to also contribute to the success of those less able.
After all, we are supposed to help each other, are we not?

cheers - Tricks

Food for thought, eh guys and girls?

P.S. We are, are we not, only individual 'private traders', up against the Institutions and the PPT?

I for one think you get more out sharing, its a no lose thing you POST, you get dished, it makes you examine your method perhaps and make changes if required. :confused: or someone else gains, they improve, think of something :idea: POST and you gain :D

I notice from posts many seem to use the lower timeframe with a combo macd/stocks and ma etc . Top down approach from higher timeframes to judge trend/direction etc.

I found that the 1 hour bars with bollinger bands/macd & 100ema helped me judge market condition and trend pretty well and cut down poor signals. I used to judge trend in the hours with slow line macd + or - centre :D take only trades in line with hours using macd Histogram in lower timeframe (3 mins gives a chance of decent move), Exits were when the price went para and dislocated from 10 sma, (taking advantage of SB bias a lot of the time I think :?: did ok no damage done but found I was churning and learning :| I just grew out of instruments I guess they stopped making any sense to me. :confused:

I notice from posts many seem to use the lower timeframe with a combo macd/stocks and ma etc . Top down approach from higher timeframes to judge trend/direction etc.

That's all I use now (for Dow, Dax, FTSE, Ibex and Cable) And divergence, of course.

It's being good for me at the moment :LOL: