Dow 2007

That sounds like a good plan. I have stopped trading for the day - I have a gain of 21 pips on the week which makes this my worst week in 10 weeks, measured in both pips and pounds. However, stopping now gives me 10 winning weeks in a row, for the first time in my trading experience.

Well done :D

I am not great this week 24.33 points full position (do 1/3 sizes depending on set up) only do it part time mornings usually (ftse) but do like the Dow week candles, Im the idiot who shorted all the way up the bollinger bands this summer :LOL: :confused: then missed the big move because I had huge amounts of proper work :(

But it was an experience I would"nt have missed for the world.

Mrs always said I could"nt dance :( But I can know :cheesy:

packing up me self top of the hour range and flatlined all day

Last edited:
With main indices up about 3% on the week, it makes you wonder if some profit taking might be on the cards.
2 hr Macd very close to crossover and 5 min dema crossover ma 10, 34 and 50 might suggest a ray of hope for the shorters amongst us.

cheers - Tricks

P.S. Where is everyone tonight? All gone down the pub I guess.

Who's brave enough to call a sub 800 close tonight? Other than me that is. :LOL:

cheers - Tricks

Evening,

Looks like my trade has turned around, must admit my **** was nipping a bit,still short

Well my trade did come back around, felt extremely uncomfortable running at such high negative position, however, guided by the hourly charts, as I am now, I believe like Atilla, a fall is on the cards, thus, I will as I type, I will allow this position to run over the weekend

Have a peaceful weekend all, and speak next week, goodnight

Thanks Dinos. Likewise. I ended my week up because I knew when to stop today. I didn't trade (or even look at the markets) after my last post on this thread.

Dow Short.....

Dinos....

Just got back from the pub..looked at the dow

Excellent Trading....Saw you call that short at 32 with extreme confidence.....must admit when I saw it rallying over 50 I thought the short call was looking dubious. However, your call was right and you are bang in profit. Impressed mate

See you Monday

Dinos....

Just got back from the pub..looked at the dow

Excellent Trading....Saw you call that short at 32 with extreme confidence.....must admit when I saw it rallying over 50 I thought the short call was looking dubious. However, your call was right and you are bang in profit. Impressed mate

See you Monday

Ill second that, Great call and honest regarding your thoughts Dinos.

Respect man :cool:

Good evening everyone,

Just doing my weekly summaries and homework for the week ahead. Here is my view fwiw... :confused:

It's decision time. I'm 60/40 on the short side. On the charts I feel we have so far made a lower high and MACD is showing over extension but we may still have some rises in store. I thought we saw a H&S reversal which had it's peak around 13850 and I think it was rejected. My new mental SL is now 13900.

Given the strong rises last week I think we must have some retrace to 13660 or 13560 levels by the end of the week.

On the fundamentals I'm still negative but the whopping rate drop with possible more reductions will give the markets are sharp injection. But how long can the fed keep the economies engine running on high revs before it packs up on you is a difficult question to answer. If we don't make higher highs than the next correction I feel will be stronger than the last making lower lows imo.

For now daily and 4 hour charts showing a down turn and so I'll remain short. Candle sticks showing rejection of the highs too and so we may have some consolidation and narrowing of BBands before a move is determined by middle of week.

Good trading everyone.

Attachments

• US30 Cash-070923-4hr.png
    US30 Cash-070923-4hr.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 134
  • US30 Cash-070923-lc.png
    US30 Cash-070923-lc.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 181
  • US30 Cash070923-cs.png
    US30 Cash070923-cs.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 190
Hi Mike, thanks for your valued input as ever, hope everything in the "real world is going well " and is treating you well, all the best

Last edited:
Good evening everyone,

Just doing my weekly summaries and homework for the week ahead. Here is my view fwiw... :confused:

It's decision time. I'm 60/40 on the short side. On the charts I feel we have so far made a lower high and MACD is showing over extension but we may still have some rises in store. I thought we saw a H&S reversal which had it's peak around 13850 and I think it was rejected. My new mental SL is now 13900.

Given the strong rises last week I think we must have some retrace to 13660 or 13560 levels by the end of the week.

On the fundamentals I'm still negative but the whopping rate drop with possible more reductions will give the markets are sharp injection. But how long can the fed keep the economies engine running on high revs before it packs up on you is a difficult question to answer. If we don't make higher highs than the next correction I feel will be stronger than the last making lower lows imo.

For now daily and 4 hour charts showing a down turn and so I'll remain short. Candle sticks showing rejection of the highs too and so we may have some consolidation and narrowing of BBands before a move is determined by middle of week.

Good trading everyone.

Hi Mike,

Looking at your 4 hr chart I am confused, because my 4 hr chart shows MACD (same settings) still above signal line and histogram still green and 30 above the zero line? This is using real time data from ProRealTime at close of business Friday. Am I missing something? Any comment would be much appreciated.

cheers - Tricks

P.S. to make things worse, I've just noticed the I T Finance reference at the bottom of the chart, which is the 'same feed' I believe as PRT.

Foolishly, I didn't take the profit of my short from Friday, earlier this morning, could have had (+27), left it to ride, but put a buy order in to protect at least some profit and came out with +5. A profit's a profit, dissapointed with myself, firstly allowing the trade to move so far away from my entry, however, everything was telling me down, I was right but then screwed up on not taking the points earlier.

In profit, another day, another opportunity ahead

Last edited:
One of my days of indifference, hourlys the safest bet on the dow, telling short, shorter timeframes indtraday long, I should only take the safe option of shorts ignoring long calls today, what did I do go long. Bad management from me today, not happy with myself. If I can profit from this trade, I will be happy

One of my days of indifference, hourlys the safest bet on the dow, telling short, shorter timeframes indtraday long, I should only take the safe option of shorts ignoring long calls today, what did I do go long. Bad management from me today, not happy with myself. If I can profit from this trade, I will be happy

I am not in , just got back in from work but looks ok to me just have quick fingers :LOL:

nice one