Dow 2007

Sorry to hear about your short now Dinos, looks like things are going parabolic! If its any consolation I am doubly burnt, shorted this and shorted the miners yesterday... ouch.

I think this could be one of two things:
1. A 2nd qtr rally like the one we had at the start of 1Q earnings
2. A last jump before a slump as there is no real news to say lets have a massive up day. Also last time I checked less than 1bn shares had been traded on NYSE today, not exactly rocket volumes.

Can but hope it turns or else hope the stoploss saves you.

Daytrading, agree, stoplosses , a traders best friend he doesn't want to see that often

Sorry to hear about your short now Dinos, looks like things are going parabolic! If its any consolation I am doubly burnt, shorted this and shorted the miners yesterday... ouch.

I think this could be one of two things:
1. A 2nd qtr rally like the one we had at the start of 1Q earnings
2. A last jump before a slump as there is no real news to say lets have a massive up day. Also last time I checked less than 1bn shares had been traded on NYSE today, not exactly rocket volumes.

Can but hope it turns or else hope the stoploss saves you.

Gordon Bennetterio, goodness gracious. Blisterrrring barnacles...

Based on exports and retails sales the DOW surges onwards and forwards.

Obviously I've got it wrong. I'm still flat but rubbing my hands for the next day of reckoning.

If I was around today, after 600 was breached say 620 I think I would have gone long. Now 700 has been breached significantly there is 14000 in sight. Interesting times.

Best to stay out or go long I reckon. I'll stay out. Shorts are off radar with this level of strength.

Good trading everyone. :-0 :eek: :rolleyes:

I think you missed out Pete Tong there Atilla as it has all gone Pete Tong for anyone short.

I think this qualifies as irrational exuberence on a near Shanghai Stock Market scale don't you! I'd love to know where all the yanks are getting their confidence a day after being told most of their hedge funds and pension funds might as well write off their CDOs as they are all going to have to sell them when they get downgraded.

I think you missed out Pete Tong there Atilla as it has all gone Pete Tong for anyone short.

I think this qualifies as irrational exuberence on a near Shanghai Stock Market scale don't you! I'd love to know where all the yanks are getting their confidence a day after being told most of their hedge funds and pension funds might as well write off their CDOs as they are all going to have to sell them when they get downgraded.

the factual news is irrelevant to us mere mortals.....the market spins it in favour towards whichever camp is in control........at the moment it's the bulls without a doubt.....:rolleyes:

Right I'm off for an unearned but none-the-less wanted JD before my eyeballs pop-out.

Take it easy guys and if this continues tomorrow I think some commentators will drop a lung

anyone fancy a flutter on Dax....currently quote up 30pts for tomorrow and still well below it's highs....??

I have enough of the gawd damn son of a bitch, waiting all night for a short entry, it seemed right out for (-20), I think you had to be in from overnight or early on the bandwagon in the early trade, no real logic to this imho, I'm going to resist an overnight short as all my timeframes still show strenght, best to wait on the sidelines

SPX attacking it's high here ...if that goes theres a few more points in this Dow last 1/2 hour