Does technical analysis work or not?

Does technical analysis work in your opinion?

• Total voters
It's a sellable product. You can still sit and collect pay with it, just from a whole of two sources - with the second potentially securing an even higher revenue stream.

If all the buyer joes start using the same strategy, then the banks will be rewarded by moving against them. I want nothing to do with these joes. I prefer the existing arrangement of the bank chasing the joes while I just sit, snipe, watch, and get paid.

If all the buyer joes start using the same strategy, then the banks will be rewarded by moving against them. I want nothing to do with these joes. I prefer the existing arrangement of the bank chasing the joes while I just sit and watch and get paid.
Then they'll just quietly take you out when the time is right. I doubt you'll have funds for a lengthy and largely fruitless international legal action thereafter.

Then they'll just quietly take you out when the time is right. I doubt you'll have funds for a lengthy and largely fruitless international legal action thereafter.

They can come after me after they round up all the joes. But it would not be in their economic interest to do so. It would be my job to ensure that is the case.

. . . I know it's definitely possible since the market pays me every day anyway, and it's not even a secret how I do it.
Hi Joe,
You say "it's not even a secret" (about how you trade), but I've read most of your posts and I can't honestly say I'm any the wiser - other than in very general terms. You appear to sell strength and buy weakness or, as you prefer to call it, 'inventory'. Also, you appear to average in without using stops? Nothing wrong with that per se in my book, but they are potentially dangerous tools that need to be used correctly. If your approach is more specific than that, and if you're prepared to expand on the detail, especially regarding the use of stops and averaging in - then please start a journal (or similar thread) so we can get a better insight as to how you trade.

Thanks.
Tim.

It's no secret I get paid 7.5% daily interest in gas for the margin put up. So I get paid every day. Nothing mysterious about that. Practically anyone can do it if they know how. As for the how bit. it is not in my interest tell you. If everyone is doing the same thing, it increases the incentive for the bank to come after those clustered positions.

I prefer general chats. So I don't do journals.

Hi Joe,
You say "it's not even a secret" (about how you trade), but I've read most of your posts and I can't honestly say I'm any the wiser - other than in very general terms. You appear to sell strength and buy weakness or, as you prefer to call it, 'inventory'. Also, you appear to average in without using stops? Nothing wrong with that per se in my book, but they are potentially dangerous tools that need to be used correctly. If your approach is more specific than that, and if you're prepared to expand on the detail, especially regarding the use of stops and averaging in - then please start a journal (or similar thread) so we can get a better insight as to how you trade.

Thanks.
Tim.
http://www.amazon.com/Inventory-Trading-Account-Retail-Manager-ebook/dp/B00Q389K40

You can also just google the author to find interviews/videos etc.

It's no secret I get paid 7.5% daily interest in gas for the margin put up. So I get paid every day. Nothing mysterious about that. Practically anyone can do it if they know how. As for the how bit. it is not in my interest tell you. If everyone is doing the same thing, it increases the incentive for the bank to come after those clustered positions.

I prefer general chats. So I don't do journals.
Hi Joe,
Perhaps I'm the only one that isn't in on the secret that's not a secret, but I've no idea how anyone gets paid daily interest of 7.5% on anything, anywhere, anytime! Any pointers on that would be great.

Regarding inventory trading - is the book linked by userque the basis of what you're referring to in your posts?
Tim.

Hi Joe,
Perhaps I'm the only one that isn't in on the secret that's not a secret, but I've no idea how anyone gets paid daily interest of 7.5% on anything, anywhere, anytime! Any pointers on that would be great.

Regarding inventory trading - is the book linked by userque the basis of what you're referring to in your posts?
Tim.

You are not in on it because you are too busy to read posts. I think I mentioned getting paid way back. Some other member was even busy helping me calculate the pay. He needn't have bothered, I could have given him a calculator:

https://www.oanda.com/forex-trading/analysis/financing-calculator

No idea about the book. I don't read much. Nor do you as it seems. The inventory was explained here and in some other beginner threads that I no longer remember which.

pls explain again because sounds like BS. to be frank

who here wouldn't want an easy 7.5% per day?

pls explain again because sounds like BS. to be frank

who here wouldn't want an easy 7.5% per day?

I am sure tim will tell you all about it in a jiffy. My guess is people don't want it because they are dumb ? Anyway, what makes you think getting 7.5% a day is a mere walk in the park ? For that kind of money it takes work that most will not be willing to put in.

I am sure tim will tell you all about it in a jiffy. My guess is people don't want it because they are dumb ? Anyway, what makes you think getting 7.5% a day is a mere walk in the park ? For that kind of money it takes work that most will not be willing to put in.

we here are all willing to put the work in, or we wouldn't be here.

must be HUGE RISK for that level of interest rate?

Hi Joe,
You are not in on it because you are too busy to read posts. I think I mentioned getting paid way back. Some other member was even busy helping me calculate the pay. He needn't have bothered, I could have given him a calculator: https://www.oanda.com/forex-trading/analysis/financing-calculator
I'm familiar with overnight financing charges of course - as applied to equity indices anyway - which is all I trade. I've no idea how they apply to forex as I steer well clear of it. There's no mention in the calculator that I can see of 7.5% daily interest, so a worked example showing how you get paid that much would be helpful - if you want to be helpful that is?

No idea about the book. I don't read much. Nor do you as it seems. The inventory was explained here and in some other beginner threads that I no longer remember which.
Yes indeed; I read those and summarised my understanding of them in my post before last. But if you don't wish to expand on what you've posted already - that's fine. I'll put you in the same camp as darktone, who appears to trade in a similar style to you but, equally, is a mystery to me!
Tim.

No forex trading here. I don't remember how the calculations work. My own are based that. It was posted in the past. I don't remember how to calculate. It was validated in the past when I worked on it. Now I just take the figures.

No forex trading here. I don't remember how the calculations work. My own are based that. It was posted in the past. I don't remember how to calculate. It was validated in the past when I worked on it. Now I just take the figures.

you're dodging imo :sleep:

Hi Joe,

NatGas_Interest.png

Apologies if I'm being really dumb (I probably am), but I'm struggling to understand what you're saying. You don't know how the calculations work and you don't remember how to calculate, yet somehow you get paid 7.5% interest daily? All very strange! Be that as it may, using the calculator, I've put in 100 units of Natural Gas held for 24 hours, and the interest paid is GBP £0.21p. Is that 7.5% of something and, if so, what?
Tim.

If you use the market like an ATM you don't need algos(y)

Ok, I admit, I don't use it like an ATM. So I can't escape from algos. The algo has just spewed out the latest signals. I don't think the leverage is relevant. When I did the algo, I was still noob.

223318d1461690208-does-technical-analysis-work-not-yield.jpg

Attachments

• yield.jpg
    yield.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 750
Hi Joe,

View attachment 223314

Apologies if I'm being really dumb (I probably am), but I'm struggling to understand what you're saying. You don't know how the calculations work and you don't remember how to calculate, yet somehow you get paid 7.5% interest daily? All very strange! Be that as it may, using the calculator, I've put in 100 units of Natural Gas held for 24 hours, and the interest paid is GBP £0.21p. Is that 7.5% of something and, if so, what?
Tim.

7.5% of the margin put up.

. . .must be HUGE RISK for that level of interest rate?
Hi Joe,
Okay, I'm a tad clearer now. However, as per piphoe's comment quoted, you're going to have to trade huge size at 10,000 units of NatGas and assume huge risk in order to earn £21.00 per day in interest. Either that, or you have a massive account. But maths isn't my strong suit, so perhaps I'm missing something?
Tim.