Do you think futures are easier than options?

TheLord

9 0
I think that trading futures is way easier than trading options. I know this does not apply to everyone, but I feel that futures, specifically emini sp 500 contracts are incredibly profitable. I basicly scalp all day and pull in about $850 a day. Whats your guys take on this?

realizniguhnit

3 0
If you trade futures everyday then you won't be making $850 a day for long.. Futures has a way of humbling you just when the going gets good. To each is own when it comes to which is better but the ES is usually far more liquid so it moves more quicker then options..

HedgeFounder

29 0
Trading

Hi there,

May I ask how long you have been trading?
6 years ago when I started trading I started out by doing a 15-day winning streak. This is the worst thing that could happen to a newbie trader.
The keyword is euphoria.

TheLord

9 0
Ive been trading futures for about 2 momths.
Hi there,

May I ask how long you have been trading?
6 years ago when I started trading I started out by doing a 15-day winning streak. This is the worst thing that could happen to a newbie trader.
The keyword is euphoria.

TheLord

9 0
Out of 5 days of the week I probably have 1-2 losing days and 2 losing days is rare for me in 1 week. I never hold a position for more than 15 mins which is why I think I don't have many losing days. If I have a losing trade I cut the position and will usually come back above. How do you trade futures?
Ok.
Now please tell me the % of losing days and % of winning days. Also if there's a discrepancy in the average money made on winning and losing days.

HedgeFounder

29 0
This kind of reminds me of the euphoria problem inherent in newer traders.
If you are the 5% exception then it's good for you.
If you cut losers early, this means you have a high percentage of losing trades. Do you ever double up?

I have traded the YM for the last 6 years with the same strategy.

Out of 5 days of the week I probably have 1-2 losing days and 2 losing days is rare for me in 1 week. I never hold a position for more than 15 mins which is why I think I don't have many losing days. If I have a losing trade I cut the position and will usually come back above. How do you trade futures?

TheLord

9 0
I try not to double up because I know I am trying to discipline myself and limit risk.
This kind of reminds me of the euphoria problem inherent in newer traders.
If you are the 5% exception then it's good for you.
If you cut losers early, this means you have a high percentage of losing trades. Do you ever double up?

I have traded the YM for the last 6 years with the same strategy.

wino59

126 12
I think that trading futures is way easier than trading options. I know this does not apply to everyone, but I feel that futures, specifically emini sp 500 contracts are incredibly profitable. I basicly scalp all day and pull in about $850 a day. Whats your guys take on this?

Options are completely different, and I certainly wouldn't use them to day trade. Stick with what is working.

tar

Legendary member
10,443 1,313
What you mean by easier ? yes its easier you just buy or sell unlike options but are you going to make money trading futures ? Doubt that . Options trading isn't easy you should know exactly what are you looking for , that being said options is the way to go its much more profitable than trading outright futures ...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock