Are stocks easier than indices ?

It is my view that the biggest and most successful traders scalp futures (and not stocks) for a reason; think about that reason and build a strategy around it.

I used to do a lot of intraday stock trading on NYSE and Nasdaq (successfully, I hasten to add), but then something clicked and I haven't bothered with much stock trading since.

Last edited:
think about what ?

the fact that comms must be less than 1/2 a tic o/wise , so that you can sell on the ask and by on the bid ?

anything else would not be worth it or be real scalping.

Taking a guess here Tradepattern, but your name suggests that you may be reffering to Geometry on the Es, other than that Es has the second highest futures volume (I think apart from the German Bund), and once established a consistent trading strategy, the level of financial success far outways stocks.

Just to echo Naz's point earlier in the thread - imagine being long into the close last night and then turning on your PC today to review your swing trade to find this . . . ! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I might consider swing trading indices, but not stocks. I'd never sleep at night.
Tim.

Attachments

• ADBL 5 Min.PNG
    ADBL 5 Min.PNG
    36.1 KB · Views: 232
TP,

hey listen , I'm not fishing for whatever system you may think you have .

but what I want are some answer to your claims.

straight questions , straight answers please :

1) are you not aiming to sell theask and buy thebid ?

2) how much is your comms per round turn , is it less than 1 tic and by how much ?

I take it that silence is a NO answer in which case this is not real scalping.

and therefore I was right in my analysis that the Reward : Risk is less than regular trading, so why the hell do it ? more hype ?