Do you agree with this statement?

Good Evening Splitlink,

I hope you've had a good day trading.

The message I got from reading Trader333's post was that people who make outrageous claims, and hindsight calls, should post proof of their claims, and I totally agree with him. I also agree that people have a choice to post empirical evidence or not.

If the fantasists want to live in a world of ignorant bliss, then leave them to it, as it doesn't cost anything to ignore such fools.

Thus my question to Trader333 was would he be prepared to do the same, and if not, then he shouldn't be asking others to do what he wont.

As for me knowing this, certainly not, that's why I asked the question. You know what they about assumptions being the mother of all.. ;)

Would I post my account details showing daily gains with sensitive information blocked out, well I certainly would not have in the past, and when I get my new office up and running, maybe I will, or maybe I wont. Its all food for thought.

Best
john

No, I had a lousy day, thank you, due to problems on the tradiing site. That is why I made that slightly irritated post. Thank God T2W exists, so that we can let off some steam!

Would hardly be fair if he was putting his balls on the line with realtime calls
''Long her NOW on KLAC at xx.xx''
and you'd be:
''Could be a scalpy long above 45, 46 and 47. Look for scalp sells below 34, 35 and 31 - all assuming time window is correct and teasezone bla bla bla bla...''

Whatever price does, you then claim that you were on the move. It's laughable.

How about I pay for you for a room with a voice feature like Grey1 used to use for your calls? Then there'd be no hiding place for you, lol

As for someone doubling a demo account!!! :LOL:
Is that supposed to impress anyone??

Honestly.

Honestly

You have not got a clue

He has increased account by 2000% - not doubled it - in just a few sessions

Now what you mention on my comments is so correct

If price goes to a level - you buy

If it goes down to a level you sell

And my levels are normally between 10 -15 pips intraday

That why I have the success - no bias - reading accurate levels

5 pips stops - trades of RRo f 2 to 5 in under 15 mins

Unfortunately - you just cannot see it can you ??

And how long have you been trading ??

And how many live trades have you taken??

I guess equivalent to 2 yrs and still not over 700 live trades

That's why you have no clue

Good Trading

Regards

F

.........Thus my question to Trader333 was would he be prepared to do the same, and if not, then he shouldn't be asking others to do what he wont......
john

Surely the point is that Trader333 does not litter the boards claiming to have a super system/talent/mystical insights giving mouth watering results. If he did then we'd want to see something to back it up wouldn't we? Otherwise there's no reason why he should, or even be prepared to do so.

Reactions: tar
Surely the point is that Trader333 does not litter the boards claiming to have a super system/talent/mystical insights giving mouth watering results. If he did then we'd want to see something to back it up wouldn't we? Otherwise there's no reason why he should, or even be prepared to do so.

what, like this\?

Attachments

• 69.PNG
    69.PNG
    13.7 KB · Views: 149
No, I had a lousy day, thank you, due to problems on the tradiing site. That is why I made that slightly irritated post. Thank God T2W exists, so that we can let off some steam!

I'm sorry to hear that my good man. We've all been there.

Although you are very wise to let your steam off here, as I always fall into the trap of letting off a little steam when indirectly talking to SWMBO, and that costs me a lot more than a lousy trading day. Even Pavlov's dogs learn quicker than I.
:LOL:

Best
John.

I understand where you are coming from Barjon, but as you will attest, trading is not an easy profession, and rather than "taking the bait" when anyone is clearly trying to get peoples backs up, its better to ignore, and keep a clear head for the task in front.

Best
John.

I'm sorry to hear that my good man. We've all been there.

Although you are very wise to let your steam off here, as I always fall into the trap of letting off a little steam when indirectly talking to SWMBO, and that costs me a lot more than a lousy trading day. Even Pavlov's dogs learn quicker than I.
:LOL:

Best
John.

we have Henry Rider Haggard to thank for that

so thats another 10k or so while all these comments were being posted.

I think who ever asked you to enter that trading demo contest on another site - should now get the point now MM :)

I am sure you know - if you had started with say on $300 dollars instead of $3000 on the demo you would probably achieve a 10000 or 15000% increase within a week - purely because of the maths anomalies

We all know its not as easy with you own live cash - ie your own money - not silly bank monopoly money - but your own. I told you over 3 months ago you would need over 1000 LIVE trades under your belts to handle larger lot sizes etc and I know you have taken over 500 live trades now - when will you hit your 1000 ? another month or two?

I am totally amazed that only the members who have followed the live intraday trading blog understand how the method can work - so many what I would have thought experienced traders really do seem clueless - even with the concept.

I reckon they still think a 100 pip win with a 40 pip stop is a better more profitable trade than a 15 pip win with a 5 pip stop - they are not understanding or following

With regards to the original OP's question about this guy saying its impossible to trade really short term and be successful - I might agree if you are just scalping for 1 or 2 pips all the while.

But the trick is as you know MM - getting some scalps off 5 pips stops making 100 or 300 or even more pips with clever MM - no stress really - even if they fail you still have a profit

Accuracy is far easier on the small frames - when you really know how to read them

The trouble is part of the trade know that and developed HFT etc - whilst the old school are just years behind

I would like to thank you by proving to the dissers and haters who all think my trading is hindsight - that is simply not true

Its just that they do not get it at all - lol

The general level of trading from members of the past is unfortunately of a low industry standard

Trader 333 was quite correct that you have to have something special or an unusual way - along with an "edge" or three to be consistently good

Grey 1 was not quite there if he was having losing days - ok a few a year of over 200 days of trading are allowed due to Black swans and time constraints - but what must wind more up is in this last 11 months although I have failed to hit my 50 pip target at least 27 days - I have never had a losing live trading day during that time

I now think you also know the trick MM - and I hope I can show NVP as well during this next month or two

I am sure it will just go over the heads of all the other old school ;)

Regards

F

PS - you have proved your point - next week back live MM (y)

I would feel very confident I could out trade this Grey 1 guy if he is still around today

He is still around but wouldnt be the slightest interested in playing a who is best game with you. However, I would put all my money on him if he did as would anyone who saw him trade he is in a differnet league to any other trader I hav ever some across and anyone who was lucky enough to watch him trade would most likely agree.

He is still around but wouldnt be the slightest interested in playing a who is best game with you. However, I would put all my money on him if he did as would anyone who saw him trade he is in a differnet league to any other trader I hav ever some across and anyone who was lucky enough to watch him trade would most likely agree.

But he's having a few losing days etc

Believe me to be a master trader you need to be an expert on scalp / swing / position and even very long term - that lets the industry down - and me ;-)

Also I am only FX - have not got a clue on stocks shares etc etc

Out of interest what did he trade - and with out giving too much away - was he already rich ???

Regards

F

Mr Fox,

I did post live trades and account details many years back for quite a while but then got sick of the negaitive comments so stopped doing it and wont be doing it again. As for the method used by Grey1, well it is not easy to copy, you are dealing with a PHD physiscist here who developed his own unique model of the markets and programmed it into an automatic trading method using Tradestation. Some of us were able to go some of the way to developing a similar approach but were not able to work out exactly how he did it. That said, I am still sure that his generic principles of the method used would work today even without his particular technique and be consistenly profitable. Also I no longer have the time to trade intra-day as I have taken up other interests.

yep, u shot your load too early again
Have to hand it to you, youre doing amazingly well considering.
Last time I put my head around the door you were eating platefuls of 'EU' stops, and seemingly non too pleased about it.

This competition. You actually have to put the orders into a demo etc, like real life. Its not scalp buy this or scollop sell that above an below a number and I made a cagillion? I mean, that would be just bollox!

He primarily traded US stocks but also futures and made his money from trading and did not start out wealthy. As I said if it was pretty amazing to watch.

yes.
Still deliberating on whether to publish all account details etc.
What is clear from this also , which is disappointing, is that this site is an educational site that recommends using demo accounts to perfect a strategy, but refuses to accept a successful demo account has any meaning. Does that mean an unsuccessful demo account is equally meaningless? Does it follow therefore that success of any kind is not to be celebrated here?
gr8 culture

Mr Fox,

I did post live trades and account details many years back for quite a while but then got sick of the negaitive comments so stopped doing it and wont be doing it again. As for the method used by Grey1, well it is not easy to copy, you are dealing with a PHD physiscist here who developed his own unique model of the markets and programmed it into an automatic trading method using Tradestation. Some of us were able to go some of the way to developing a similar approach but were not able to work out exactly how he did it. That said, I am still sure that his generic principles of the method used would work today even without his particular technique and be consistenly profitable. Also I no longer have the time to trade intra-day as I have taken up other interests.

I stand corrected, and do apologise.

Best
John

Have to hand it to you, youre doing amazingly well considering.
Last time I put my head around the door you were eating platefuls of 'EU' stops, and seemingly non too pleased about it.

This competition. You actually have to put the orders into a demo etc, like real life. Its not scalp buy this or scollop sell that above an below a number and I made a cagillion? I mean, that would be just bollox!

yes. i have given up on achieving 3 pip stops on ea gu aj etc. getting better with 4pip stops on eu