Do you admit to being a Trader?

Yup.

:D

Btw, just rechecked, actually, depending on how you calculate it, this is what 100 mill in 1929 is worth in todays money:

$1,176,882,662.00 using the Consumer Price Index
$973,493,079.80 using the GDP deflator
$2,365,493,646.14 using the value of consumer bundle
$3,707,192,575.41 using the unskilled wage
$5,172,374,255.02 using the nominal GDP per capita
$12,736,196,911.20 using the relative share of GDP

Measuring Worth - Relative Value of US Dollars

:)

Didn't he make $3m in one day in the 1908 crash? IIRC people were begging him to stop shorting.

Yup, apparently the US President asked J. P. Morgan to pop by to ask Livermore to close his shorts, apparently they feared that otherwise the banking system and the NYSE might collapse.

Well, they did call it the Great Panic didn't they.

;-)

The question uppermost on most ladies minds is not what do you do but how much do you earn and what's init for me

The question uppermost on most ladies minds is not what do you do but how much do you earn and what's init for me

I think you meet the wrong ladies. The ladies I have dated have never been interested in my money. It isn't my manhood either as I have a powerful sports car so they can take a guess at the size. :p It must be my charm, wit and ability to say the most inappropriate things at the wrong time. :whistling

I think you meet the wrong ladies. The ladies I have dated have never been interested in my money. It isn't my manhood either as I have a powerful sports car so they can take a guess at the size. :p It must be my charm, wit and ability to say the most inappropriate things at the wrong time. :whistling

and you're a duck....novelty goes a long way on first dates nowadays

Ah, maybe they are expecting me to lay their food. That explains why relationships never last that long. As soon as they realise I'm not a girl duck, off they go.

Ninja, you do in one lifetime what it'd take many others several lifetimes to do, you're strongly into martial arts, you race sports cars, you trade, you do charity work in cancer hospices, don't know what all else you do, but, err, that's already a whole-lotta-shaking going on there for one lifetime, maybe girls just sometimes feel that you don't have enough time left over for em.

But, to tell you the truth, that's their problem.

Know that joke about the secret to a long marriage ?

“Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.” —

One absolutely needs room to do ones own stuff, no doubt about it at all, and not have or expect a partner clinging to one 24/7, how awful would that be !

OK, while I'm at it, I'll post some more marriage jokes:

“My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.” — Rodney Dangerfield

“You know what I did before I married? Anything I wanted to.” — Henny Youngman

"Marriage is an attempt to solve problems together that you wouldn’t have had in the first place if you’d stayed single."

:D

Ah, maybe they are expecting me to lay their food. That explains why relationships never last that long. As soon as they realise I'm not a girl duck, off they go.

Your girls must be a few bob short of a pound if it is so hard for them to suss out whether you are a boy or a girl ? Or the mind boggles - one of the new in-between people ?
Anyway plucked duck in brandy sauce - yummy !

Last edited:
Your girls must be a few bob short of a pound if it is so hard for them to suss out whether you are a boy or a girl ? Or the mind boggles - one of the new in-between people ?
Anyway plucked duck in brandy sauce - yummy !

I was being silly... how does one tell the difference between a boy duck and a girl duck, then?

LOL guys :D

Serial partnership, suppose I meant Serial Monogamy.

Although, having said that, I think sexy Carla Brunis endorsement for polygamy sounds very sensible, enlightened and suitably demonstrative of an ability to let go too :)

:p

I like it when people say 'my girl doesn't care about money'. Why don't you go bankrupt, have nowhere to stay and sleep rough and see what happenes? They care big time. The thing is most are not ambitious and you are unlikely to be completely broke, so you will never find out.

I am even told there is a place where rich guys can hook up with beautiful girls. Don't you wonder why there are no places where poor guys hook up with looker birds or ugly girls with rich guys? If you want to have an easy life, get laoded, get the girl of your dreams by showing off your house and car and enjoy.

Get a hobby that doesn't involve you thinking the girls is with you for your charms in the long run. I love life. It is pretty simple: get the cash and get the girls. It is a pretty nice deal and Iove it.

If the girl gives me a pain in the butt, I am off. I have money, no?:cheesy: