Do you admit to being a Trader?

I have been trading for couple years. Can't say that I know everything about trading. More you know - more you don't know.

So I don't trade for living - Forex is my additional income for my "toys", new Car, new TV and so on. I found couple systems that works for me and pretty happy with that.

to be able to do it as a full time job is my dream, i can not wait for that day, to be a good profecional trader, we all should be proud of trading,
in my modest opinion.the lotto,the roulette are games ,trading is a science with technical analyses that study the behavior of the human mind under market pressure

Last edited:
to be able to do it as a full time job is my dream, i can not wait for that day, to be a good profetional trader, we all should be proud of trading,
in my modest opinion.the lotto, roulette are games ,trading is a science which technical analyses that study the behavior of the human mind under market pressure

:D. But the question was "Do you admit to being a trader?" Not on here, where we don't know anyone, but to all our friends and relatives. I'm sure that I don't and, even if I got rich from it, I would not, either. You would not get any peace!

The question should not be whether you are a trader or not, as anyone can be: but whether you are profitable or not

;)

When strangers ask me what i do, i now say im a Gambler.

The last person i said that to replied 'Poker?'

Even Gamblers have some positive image these days..

The NON professions are:-
banker
politician
lawyer

The NON professions are:-
banker
politician
vulture er I mean lawyer

People have funny ideas about what a trader is.

I tell people i'm an out of work artist, because somehow that's more socially acceptable.

Saying public relations is a non-descript opt out of the question especially to hard lefties and religious nuts with an agenda

Gambler always sounds Romantic and interesting, guys how are looking for the Luck.

I my case it always difficult to explain to people who doesn't know much about Forex. What is the Trader and how everything is works.

There seems to be a stigma with speculating and generally with being rich and successful nowadays (unless you're an actor or sportsperson or something... thanks to the brainwashing effects of the media).

So... since it's no one elses business and I don't want to talk about it, I say I'm into 'data processing'. See their eyes glaze over. :eek::sleep:

(What I do with the data is a secret, but they never get that far to ask!)

The question should not be whether you are a trader or not, as anyone can be: but whether you are profitable or not

;)

Or is it whether you are profitable enough, given that this is the 'Trading for a Living' section? :whistling

I do not admit to being a trader as people want to give me money to trade with and then want to control it. Also it would affect my decisions to the extent that I would become paralysed. So I keep it secret and have no hassles.

I do not admit to being a trader as people want to give me money to trade with and then want to control it. Also it would affect my decisions to the extent that I would become paralysed. So I keep it secret and have no hassles.

Some expect a free handout or details of how to make a profit too !

Saying one is a tax inspector soon shifts them into cringe mode !

:)

I encountered this very thing back in 2004 when I started a separate business venture for the first time. I didn't tell my family or friends about it in the beginning stages, simply because I didn't want any nay-sayers who couldn't relate to the entrepreneurial mindset to discourage me from moving forward as planned.

Eventually, I Iet them in on everything, but only AFTER I was already successful.

This way, they couldn't say "It'll never work" or "You're getting in over your head", etc.

All they could do is acknowledge my achievements, and support my decision.

Trading is the same way. Most folks cannot relate to the trader's mindset, let alone understanding the general concept of "investing" or "trading" in itself.

Like before, I hadn't told anybody about my trading endeavors until AFTER I was able to generate an income from it. People can't refute the numbers, so they simply applaud my drive and determination, and respect what I do.

Nowadays, I simply tell folks straight-up I'm a foreign currency trader. If they don't "get it", then that's okay. It's their problem, not mine. ;-)

All the best,

Marty
-martymr