Why do they do it?

I simply dont get it. why would a trader need to charge $200 an hour ?

Its absolutely pathetic. You mentor people who deserve help for free.

Pathetic is harsh.

Things are not always black and white. Some people just like people.

The first thing that comes to my head is Marcel’s wife saying, “You never spend any time with me, and you are giving your time away for free to these traders, Huuh.”

I simply dont get it. why would a trader need to charge $200 an hour ?

Its absolutely pathetic. You mentor people who deserve help for free.

because someone else's stupid enough to be willing to pay it?
surely that's the first lesson about markets

because someone else's stupid enough to be willing to pay it?
surely that's the first lesson about markets

I would not call any trader good enough to get into the Market Wizards books “stupid”
They are quite happy to talk about coaching they have received.

I cannot tell if you are tongue in cheek here.

Do you honestly think that b. is less grief than a?

If this is your honest opinion then I would put money on the fact you have never done a business start-up, employing and managing staff, either that or you are a top banana who gets your HR Dept. to do that for you.

I cannot believe I have been drawn into T2W semantic Lulz :innocent:

You'd lose your money. I've created/funded/exited many start ups..:)

You'd lose your money. I've created/funded/exited many start ups..:)

Ok I was right then and you are a Top Banana.

But do you honestly find managing people less grief than not managing people?

Last edited:
More like...

Attachments

• MessradSuricata.jpg
    MessradSuricata.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 283
And just so Dion doesn't feel left out.....

:LOL: I'm just messssssssing I love you all :love:

Attachments

• Messschieber.jpg
    Messschieber.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 385
Ok I was right then and you are a Top Banana.

But do you honestly find managing people less grief than not managing people?

<sigh>, let's not miss the point and keep the post I made on thread heh? The suggestion is/was if you were (for example) a spectacularly successful FX trader would you a. trade and be a vendor/coach or b. use your recorded performance to obtain significant investment to mentor interns/grads in your proven methods and build up a respected firm/business that you could exit for a significant sum?

<sigh>, let's not miss the point and keep the post I made on thread heh? The suggestion is/was if you were (for example) a spectacularly successful FX trader would you a. trade and be a vendor/coach or b. use your recorded performance to obtain significant investment to mentor interns/grads in your proven methods and build up a respected firm/business that you could exit for a significant sum?

It's too bad WASP isn't around to answer that.

It's B.

You obtain significant investment to mentor interns/grads in a reputable business.

Then the ones you can't get profitable you pass over to the few A's who CAN do the job.

Hi, arabiannights ;-)

Didn't you find it a pain in the ass to put a trade on on your own account, then switch to the model account broker and duplicate the trade and orders?

It's B.

You obtain significant investment to mentor interns/grads in a reputable business.

Then the ones you can't get profitable you pass over to the few A's who CAN do the job.

Hi, arabiannights ;-)

You didn't do the job... he's an impossible job... :)

Money isnt everything....self esteem, fame and ego are far greater aphrodisiacs. If not, why do muli zillionaires keep trading.....they already have more money than they can spend in one lifetime.....and you dont get 2.

Here is Dan Murphy reason why he does what he does..

Why am I Running this Service Instead Of Sipping Piña Coladas on a Beach in the Caribbean?

My approach to trading and business is the same: diversification.

I want to diversify into many areas such as running several businesses, real estate, art, rare coins, and trading. I think it's a mistake to focus on one single method for monthly cash flow.

Back in the 1930's, the US government made it illegal to own gold. Yes, that's right. It was illegal to own a naturally occurring element. If I was a gold trader or broker, I would have lost my job and been put out on the street.

Government does some really stupid things, so I want to have many sources of income to enjoy my lifestyle.

I recommend that you have several different income streams. By not doing so, you are putting yourself at risk of financial ruin if things go bad in one industry.

I think they put one of their relatives to work , gives them a job and he gets a cut.

“Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.”