Did anyone heard of CityFinancialTraders.co.uk

I have reported the incident to Action Fraud and have send a mails to few people who have send me private messages saying they are their victims too....

Without naming names can you tell us roughly what the other people's experience has been? I see some reports that the company is not contactable any more, that would be very bad news for anyone that has forked out a large fee and is expecting a job in a few weeks.

City Financial Traders is a SCAM. I have enrolled in this programme along with several others, biggest mistake I ever made.

They have disappeared, phone lines are dead. They claim to be in tower 42 and in Canary Wharf on their website. Try calling Tower 42 and the canary wharf site, you will be told they have left the building!

Please do not make the same mistake I made, if you want to spend 2K on these guys I suggest you donate your money to charity instead.
They charge 2K claiming it a sponsorship, beware and keep clear of these guys.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I dont know how much use this will be to any of you but attached is a copy of their Certificate of Incorporation from Companies House, they were incorporated as City FT Ltd. It lists the Directors but I see they have used a virtual office as their address so more digging will be required to find them.

Attachments

• City FT.pdf
    140.1 KB · Views: 452
I see they have deleted most of their website including the fake testimonials and any reference to names of staff/owners. Google cache shows it was changed sometime after 3rd July.

Attachments

• city FT cache 1.jpg
    city FT cache 1.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 258
Names of staff and owners courtesy of google cache from 5 July

Richard Peterson
Hugh Davidson
Stuart Lee
Alister Ali (he has now deleted any mention of City FT from his linkedin profile)

Attachments

• City FT about us cache 2.jpg
    City FT about us cache 2.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 250
hey guys

this might be complete rubbish but I have noticed something

som1 posted a link to this website the other day http://www.jasonpaulgrant.co.uk/about.html if you look at this guys site it was designed by R.J Grant Designs (www.rjgrantdesigns.co.uk). did a whois check a few days ago and this was the registrant for city ft and city forex traders website as well but of course now they have removed this information. R. J Grant is one of the directors of city ft so to me this is not just conincidence. BUT IS IT JUST ME OR DOES THIS GUY JASONPAULGRANT AlSO LOOK LIKE ROBERT GRANT?? they might be relatives as they both look similar and have the same surname. this might be a long shot but i guess anything helps

i also have the address that their websites were registered at if anyone wants it

Last edited:
lawl

Looks like you got scammed by a bunch of 5 year olds. That are probs richmond uni alumni.

The City Financial Traders website is down, worrying news for anyone that has forked out the training fee.

Sad to say but many of us told and warned people about not only this company but 95%+ of similar ones.

Please realise budding traders that if you sign up for one of these 'training firms' it's odds-on you'll be disappointed. Sure, you'll learn about how the markets work and the software etc, in fact almost everything you need to operate in the markets APART from the BIG ONE, ie how to actually make money consistently.

hahaha they guaranteed a job in trading 18-25k basic

so basics they told you that you'd get paid less than some back office analyst

hilarious

Is it worth reporting to London police inspite of reporting to Action Fraud .....I wish I could have started this forum before as it could have saved time and money of lots of students...

Last edited:
Is it worth reporting to London police inspite of reporting to Action Fraud .....I wish I could have started this forum before as it could have saved time and money of lots of students...

It wont do any harm but I imagine they will tell you it is a civil matter. So have they definitely disappeared then? I wonder how many people gave them money?

Has anyone here who enrolled for the training couse got access to their study website? It covers a couple of comprehensive strategies for you to trade. But what's not sure is if those strategies are consistantly winning strategies or not. Any comment?

Has anyone here who enrolled for the training couse got access to their study website? It covers a couple of comprehensive strategies for you to trade. But what's not sure is if those strategies are consistantly winning strategies or not. Any comment?

Their website is down, as are their phone lines and they have apparently disappeared from their office building. I hope you didnt give them any money.

Their website is down, as are their phone lines and they have apparently disappeared from their office building. I hope you didnt give them any money.

Unfortunately, I paid thousands of pound fot the course. I know that their website is down and phone lines dead but there is a seperate study website for that course where you need to log in. You can see all the study materials plus detail strategies.

Unfortunately, I paid thousands of pound fot the course. I know that their website is down and phone lines dead but there is a seperate study website for that course where you need to log in. You can see all the study materials plus detail strategies.

Is it a website of a reliable training institution?

Is it a website of a reliable training institution?

Not actually, it's their own website created only for the candidates who are on the course.
I am just wondering If I could contact you via your private e-mail or interactive chat or something because I'd like to discuss about this seriously with you if you don't mind. I'd really appreciate your time and help.

Not actually, it's their own website created only for the candidates who are on the course.
I am just wondering If I could contact you via your private e-mail or interactive chat or something because I'd like to discuss about this seriously with you if you don't mind. I'd really appreciate your time and help.

I just sent you a private message.

There office is situated in canary wharf n tower 42 and the company is run by Richard Peterson who owns cityforextraders.co.uk

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but have found it thoroughly entertaining as to how these scammers operate and obviously how some people will get taking in by all this...no offence original poster.

I don't know wether it was a mis-print by the original poster, but if anyone told me they were based in Tower 42 at Canary Wharf I would know for sure it was a scam...Tower 42 is in Old Broad Street in the City of London and no where near Canary Wharf...that would definately do it for me...along with all the over the top promises.
The top banks generally recruit from the likes of Oxford and Cambridge not some wannabe trader training comapny.

I hope the original poster got his cash back and has learn't a lesson..."no bank or dealing room is going to take on a wannabe unless you are extremely good".