anyone heard of Oak Capital Management

Not to be recommended. The training is actually very good but beware the man who gives it, Stewart Roberts as he is not actually an Oak employee.

He gives the interview and says that after training you join a desk and then you receive a small monthly salary.

The first is true, the second is not - you will be paid nothing for at least 12 month and there is no job security - the staff turnover is huge - different people coming and going every week - you have no idea what's going on.

Stewart Roberts also will give you figures of what can expect to be earning after a few months which were ludicrous - it was nothing at ll.

Beware Stewart Roberts - he charges a lot for your training and he keeps all that money - he has no say about whether you will work there - you work out that he's a liar.

They don't give you actual working contracts either.

Avoid.

Dear Stewart,

Can you please tell me in details about the graduate program I seem to be deeply interested in any kind of opportunity in terms of permanent or intern position.

Would be eagerly waiting your reply.

Amar Gathani

I can't understand a word of this. What's a market profile technique?
He're my two cents. Energy futures move like stock futures. The same stuff works on both. FX moves differently. I would dearly like to know why.

I can't understand a word of this. What's a market profile technique?
He're my two cents. Energy futures move like stock futures. The same stuff works on both. FX moves differently. I would dearly like to know why.

the post about stuart roberts is true; he does say alot of things tht aren't true which is a shame because Oak (including Dave Kempton the director) are a good bunch and they do care about you doing well at trading.

I went there, thought stuarts training was average nothing special he makes out he is amazing at trading etc but you find its the others around you that show you how to make some money.

started off by working on a sim for a week or two try couple of strategies. Then they got me and another grad on our own account with real money with some decent size and after 2 months we went from trading 2 products to having a good 6 or so, trying new products, increasing size and always getting mentored by the senior traders on what they were working and why.

Dave and another chap their, the risk manager, both used to work on the pits and had many years experience on electronic trading through technical analysis. They both give you guidance, time and (unless you're really f**king about) if something goes offside help you out to cover the trade.

Oak was a great move for me, I learnt a lot on an account with real money (I have seen some course charge a monthly fee just to work on a sim!!??) and when I asked for more size or products to trade they were happy to give it to me.

it isn't the best deal by far but if you are patient and willing to learn in trading its a good move. I think people forget that in trading even after a year you might only be break even , I haven't met a grad / entry level trader who has made a significant profit in their first year. Oak won't make you a millionaire but they'll show what you can do in trading to get there.

I also got to trade two different outrights while I was there, show me how many trading houses back young grad traders and let them trade outrights?

Oak was a great move for me, respect all of them, no regrets there, only positives.

the post about stuart roberts is true; he does say alot of things tht aren't true which is a shame because Oak (including Dave Kempton the director) are a good bunch and they do care about you doing well at trading.

I went there, thought stuarts training was average nothing special he makes out he is amazing at trading etc but you find its the others around you that show you how to make some money.

started off by working on a sim for a week or two try couple of strategies. Then they got me and another grad on our own account with real money with some decent size and after 2 months we went from trading 2 products to having a good 6 or so, trying new products, increasing size and always getting mentored by the senior traders on what they were working and why.

Dave and another chap their, the risk manager, both used to work on the pits and had many years experience on electronic trading through technical analysis. They both give you guidance, time and (unless you're really f**king about) if something goes offside help you out to cover the trade.

Oak was a great move for me, I learnt a lot on an account with real money (I have seen some course charge a monthly fee just to work on a sim!!??) and when I asked for more size or products to trade they were happy to give it to me.

it isn't the best deal by far but if you are patient and willing to learn in trading its a good move. I think people forget that in trading even after a year you might only be break even , I haven't met a grad / entry level trader who has made a significant profit in their first year. Oak won't make you a millionaire but they'll show what you can do in trading to get there.

I also got to trade two different outrights while I was there, show me how many trading houses back young grad traders and let them trade outrights?

Oak was a great move for me, respect all of them, no regrets there, only positives.

Their creditors seem to have a different view as they are now in liquidation.

Failure Page

And you have to know that Oaktree has $90 billion of capital under management.Howard Marks, co-chairman and also writer published the book "The Most Important Thing: Uncommon Sense for the Thoughtful Investor", but it seems that he forgot that he had to have a common sense when hiring : In this issue, it's Franck Laval Oaktree Capital Senior Vice President who has forgot to claim 35 million.