Did anyone heard of CityFinancialTraders.co.uk

Bit more 'fakery' here I think (if there is such a word). Companies House list the Directors of City FT (the registered name for cityfinancialtraders) as Robert Grant, born 31 Dec 1985, and Ali Ali, born 15 Apr 1986. However the website says the founder is Richard Peterson, no doubt another made up name.

very interesting pboyles...check this out....city forex traders is part of the same company as well...check out the link http://www.cityforextraders.co.uk/auto-renewal-agreement/

it says that RJ Grant & Company is the parent company...richard peterson is also mentioned on this site as the founder i think.....it is very strange because some parts of this company seem very legitimate and others just seem silly.....i just wonder how many people are doing the course and it will be interesting to see what job they get as a result!!!! as you seem quite the detective pboyles you should find out what IBs and hedge funds (as their website says lol) they worked for

very interesting pboyles...check this out....city forex traders is part of the same company as well...check out the link http://www.cityforextraders.co.uk/auto-renewal-agreement/

it says that RJ Grant & Company is the parent company...richard peterson is also mentioned on this site as the founder i think.....it is very strange because some parts of this company seem very legitimate and others just seem silly.....i just wonder how many people are doing the course and it will be interesting to see what job they get as a result!!!! as you seem quite the detective pboyles you should find out what IBs and hedge funds (as their website says lol) they worked for

Which parts seem legitimate, the fancy office address that turned out to be a Regus virtual office? Their web based marketing started mid May so my guess is that they havnt trained anyone yet, hence the false testimonies. Given the fact they are 25/26 years old it would seem they werent at a hedge fund for too long.

wow....I cant believe that...but now I do ...great work....
You are a legend and thanks I ll call them now and ask for a 10% of the fees which i paid to them

One more thing which I wanted to discuss here is they had three options of paying that fees when I said to them I ll go for option 3 which is £2000 and is there anything that they can advice me on the payment option. The guy said let me have a word with my colleague he went out of the office for 5 min and said if u cld pay 3500 in 8 days it will include everything which surprised me and sounded fishy.
I came home looked name of all the people which they have given on the website but could'nt find anyone of them on facebook even their recruitment team which was really surprising

But many thanks to the legend who helped me

hey BuddingTrader 007, did you ask for your money back? did they give it back to you? what did they say?

Sorry guys, I was away and I did asked for money n first one of their employee said we ll refund you the amount in 7 days. After 7 days they said you need to sign a letter mentioning that you are withdrawing your application as I signed a contract in their office n paid £350 according to it and contract says if I withdraw from t21 days prior to start they ll take 100% of the fees paid so they have send me receipt saying that they owe me nothing.

Last edited:
I asked them why did you lied to us about everything that you told during the whole process and I ll complain regarding your company to Action Fraud as its a scam.

In return I got a email saying that .....

"Any threats to report the company as ‘fraud’ will not be tolerated whatsoever. If you have a problem with regards to your refund I suggest you seek legal advice. We have a binding agreement which you have broken and there the clause is enforceable, which you have clearly signed.

In terms of the case studies, there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the website which clearly states these are images are stock photography. If you would have bothered to take the time to read through this material, then maybe you wouldn’t have such a problem.

With regards to candidate positions this is strictly confidential information and we do not breach any data protection laws.

This project has been running for a reasonable amount of time and we have had a new website done in April of this year.

However, I am not sure how any of these factors are materially significant in your application.

Can anyone advise me what can be done now?

I asked them why did you lied to us about everything that you told during the whole process and I ll complain regarding your company to Action Fraud as its a scam.

"Any threats to report the company as ‘fraud’ will not be tolerated whatsoever. If you have a problem with regards to your refund I suggest you seek legal advice. We have a binding agreement which you have broken and there the clause is enforceable, which you have clearly signed.

In terms of the case studies, there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the website which clearly states these are images are stock photography. If you would have bothered to take the time to read through this material, then maybe you wouldn’t have such a problem.

With regards to candidate positions this is strictly confidential information and we do not breach any data protection laws.

This project has been running for a reasonable amount of time and we have had a new website done in April of this year.

However, I am not sure how any of these factors are materially significant in your application.

Did you direct them here to this site?

£350 = cheap lesson. I've read many a forum post of much worse.

I hope you get your money back.

No, I dint

I asked them general questions like would it be possible for me to talk to previous students or list of recruiters

or since when you hv been operating?

n they dint gave any positive reply

?

True, there is a disclaimer there now. However I'd be willing to bet it was put there shortly after you asked them about the fake testimonials. How do I know? Because the google cache of the web page from the 13 June clearly shows there was no disclaimer. See attached screenshots of the web page as of today and a screenshot of the cache from 13 June.

There even if you 'had bothered to look' you wouldnt have seen it when you paid your deposit.

Attachments

• 13 June cache.jpg
    13 June cache.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 297
  • 28 June web page.jpg
    28 June web page.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Forgot to include the top half of the page showing when it was cached.

Attachments

• Top of cache page with date.jpg
    Top of cache page with date.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 258

hey budding trader...have you given up on trying to get your money back? this company has so many holes in it...is anyone out there currently doing this thing and could they report how it going?

Sorry guys, I was away and I did asked for money n first one of their employee said we ll refund you the amount in 7 days. After 7 days they said you need to sign a letter mentioning that you are withdrawing your application as I signed a contract in their office n paid £350 according to it and contract says if I withdraw from t21 days prior to start they ll take 100% of the fees paid so they have send me receipt saying that they owe me nothing.

this website also belongs to them LOL
http://www.forexhometrading.co.uk/

is this guy director in the company budding trader?
http://www.jasonpaulgrant.co.uk/about.html

From the wikijobs forum

"I am currently enrolled on the course but I've had quite a bad experience.

Initially it seemed quite good, but then after the induction there was no contact with them. They have never picked up my phone calls and been very very slow with replies to emails.

Initially we were told that we do not need to pay for exams, and even on the contract it says that the exams are optional but received an email from them (last week) recently asking for a payment for exams within a short period of time (by monday) to register for exams.

Any other people on this course have the same problem?

Please email:
[email protected]

Regards"

Last edited:
I have reported the incident to Action Fraud and have send a mails to few people who have send me private messages saying they are their victims too....