Did anyone heard of CityFinancialTraders.co.uk

BuddingTrader007

I recently went through interview of cityfinancialtraders.co.uk as it was a 2stage interview n got selected they r asking £5000 in return they ll give a proffessional trader technician qualification level 1 and they ll prepare for interview and provide a guaranteed work placement in hedge-fund or IB after 1 month; or you can pay £2000 upfront and £200 on direct debit for next 24 months. In addition, they ll give money back guarantee with a legal bond where they ll give back 10% every month untill u get placed in a firm.

There office is situated in canary wharf n tower 42 and the company is run by Richard Peterson who owns cityforextraders.co.uk

I am bit confused as there other companies like Savvi Trading ,futex, amplify which offers the same types of course but don't offer a job guarantee. They seemed very professional and I have already signed contract and need to pay remaining amount in upcoming days. If anybody can offer advise on it I ll be thankful to them.

Last edited:
I recently went through interview of cityfinancialtraders.co.uk as it was a 2stage interview n got selected they r asking £5000 in return they ll give a proffessional trader technician qualification level 1 and they ll prepare for interview and provide a guaranteed work placement in hedge-fund or IB after 1 month; or you can pay £2000 upfront and £200 on direct debit for next 24 months. In addition, they ll give money back guarantee with a legal bond where they ll give back 10% every month untill u get placed in a firm.

There office is situated in canary wharf n tower 42 and the company is run by Richard Peterson who owns cityforextraders.co.uk

I am bit confused as there other companies like Savvi Trading ,futex, amplify which offers the same types of course but don't offer a job guarantee. They seemed very professional and I have already signed contract and need to pay remaining amount in upcoming days. If anybody can offer advise on it I ll be thankful to them.

Run a mile if you still can!

Ring them up and tell them you want your money back. Here's why, they are guaranteeing you a job and to support this they have published some accounts from previous customers who all got trading jobs.

Well all is not as it appears. For instance this 'Adefolu Okoronkwo' chap who got a 'mid level hedge fund position' is fact called Augustine Amusu and his photo has been copied from the Richmond University website. So just to be clear they have made up stories about successful previous 'students' who have gone on to get trading jobs, in order to do so they have gone to a website and copied some photos, gave them new names and claimed they are now traders.

http://www.cityfinancialtraders.co.uk/case-studies/

http://www.richmond.ac.uk/featured/alumni.aspx?id=35

Attachments

• 3 Amusu.jpg
    3 Amusu.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 512
  • 3 Okoronkwo.jpg
    3 Okoronkwo.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 519
It seems Liz is in fact a Turkish lady called Muge Dolan, again her photo has been copied from the same website and she has been given a made up name and fake success story.

Attachments

• 1 Liz.jpg
    1 Liz.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 440
  • 1 Muge Dolun.jpg
    1 Muge Dolun.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 571
Love it, this is a reverse scam, so called because we (PB, actually) reverses the scam :)

I'd also advise people run a mile from these people and in fact anyone offering these types of deals.

Love it, this is a reverse scam, so called because we (PB, actually) reverses the scam :)

I'd also advise people run a mile from these people and in fact anyone offering these types of deals.

I havnt finished yet.

Also, look at the website clearly and it states they'll guarantee an IT job!

All that training and you'll soon be plugging in lots of cables in that dusty place under/behind the dealing desks so make sure you have an old pair of jeans to wear.

There's also 'Kalvin', who I have to say looks every bit the university type. Kalvin is in fact Brendon Clark, again his photo has been copied from the university website and he has been given a fake name and success story.

Attachments

• 2 Brendon Clark.jpg
    2 Brendon Clark.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 469
  • 2 Kalvin.jpg
    2 Kalvin.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 457
Daniel West who says he got an analysts job with 'relative ease' turns out to be an Iraqi American called Jamal Al Mussawi!

You'd think they could at least have gone to a few different websites to make it a bit harder to catch them out.

Attachments

• mussawi.jpg
    mussawi.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 530
  • 4 west.jpg
    4 west.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 480
wow....I cant believe that...but now I do ...great work....
You are a legend and thanks I ll call them now and ask for a 10% of the fees which i paid to them

One more thing which I wanted to discuss here is they had three options of paying that fees when I said to them I ll go for option 3 which is £2000 and is there anything that they can advice me on the payment option. The guy said let me have a word with my colleague he went out of the office for 5 min and said if u cld pay 3500 in 8 days it will include everything which surprised me and sounded fishy.
I came home looked name of all the people which they have given on the website but could'nt find anyone of them on facebook even their recruitment team which was really surprising

But many thanks to the legend who helped me

wow....I cant believe that...but now I do ...great work....
You are a legend and thanks I ll call them now and ask for a 10% of the fees which i paid to them

One more thing which I wanted to discuss here is they had three options of paying that fees when I said to them I ll go for option 3 which is £2000 and is there anything that they can advice me on the payment option. The guy said let me have a word with my colleague he went out of the office for 5 min and said if u cld pay 3500 in 8 days it will include everything which surprised me and sounded fishy.
I came home looked name of all the people which they have given on the website but could'nt find anyone of them on facebook even their recruitment team which was really surprising

But many thanks to the legend who helped me

By the way their website was only registered in April this year, there is no company registered in Companies House with that name, are they trading under a different name?

By the way here's another fake success story. They have named him 'Wah' but his real name is would you believe 'Uran' which, it seems, is what you are about to do.

Attachments

• 5 Wah.jpg
    5 Wah.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 426
  • 5 Uran.jpg
    5 Uran.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 466
Oh thank you pboyles u r a legend
I want to ask how n where did you find all this information from...anyways i made some good pips today
and I owe you a party....aswell ...I dont know where would I have been if u wld,nt be there...
......Many Thanks...

Oh thank you pboyles u r a legend
I want to ask how n where did you find all this information from...anyways i made some good pips today
and I owe you a party....aswell ...I dont know where would I have been if u wld,nt be there...
......Many Thanks...

I dont want to say how I found the photos as it gives away too much information to the scammers and might allow them to find ways to get around it. However I had no personal knowledge of this outfit before you mentioned it, these people follow certain patterns and if you know where to look you can usually find the information that proves they are fabricating their story as was the case here.

Wish them a nice weekend when you call them.

Buddingtrader

You should print off or PDF these pages for your records in case they don't refund your money. This thread will eventually get deleted.

Ring them up and tell them you want your money back. Here's why, they are guaranteeing you a job and to support this they have published some accounts from previous customers who all got trading jobs.

Well all is not as it appears. For instance this 'Adefolu Okoronkwo' chap who got a 'mid level hedge fund position' is fact called Augustine Amusu and his photo has been copied from the Richmond University website. So just to be clear they have made up stories about successful previous 'students' who have gone on to get trading jobs, in order to do so they have gone to a website and copied some photos, gave them new names and claimed they are now traders.

http://www.cityfinancialtraders.co.uk/case-studies/

http://www.richmond.ac.uk/featured/alumni.aspx?id=35

I see the fake trader is now writing fake reviews under his fake name.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews264288.html#