DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

Ok fella's, I've got my swing trading equities head back on, I've set an order to go long Land Securities, if it breaks above the high of yesterday @ 679.

Last edited:
do you think it would be possible to program a screener to pick out bias changes geo?

i wouldn't have thought it impossible.

For PRT I think it's a problem.

I had spoken to a programmer a while back about having a bias change indicator programmed for MT4 - apparently it can be done, but it's a little beyond my basic programming skills.

Btw FTSE made an H4 bias change Long today I think.

I'll try and get back to the equities again soon, but not much spare time right now.

Good trading all :)

Not equities I know, but I thought I would post this as an example of a possible 4hr Long Bias change in play on USD/JPY, as per our prior discussions.

Wait for price to break above HrH 4, and look to play a subsequent retracement.

EDIT: Bias change now confirmed, price break above HrH 4,

Strong support In this area from a yr ago, 2 bounces from 87.12,

Apologies for derailing the thread fella's, but these are the set up's that we should be looking for, in our quest to be free from the all day screen watching arena.

Back to equities, im long Land securities @ 679 & Prudential @ 628 from yesterday (Tues).

Attachments

• USDJPY  Rolling Daily.png
    USDJPY Rolling Daily.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
hey minch, you're not de-railing it at all mate.

i'm reading rivalland at the mo, so all of the trend change points you're making are really interesting.

personally i'd love to be able to develop my method of trading smallcaps, whilst also learning the methods you and geo use on more liquid instruments, so please...fire away.

i'll be a little quiet over the next few weeks as i'm taking a step back from this stuff.

DISL which i sold recently had a nice 40% rise yesterday, which i'm obviously disappointed missing out on. also if i had actually held onto INGG, i'd now be 20% up on my position.

got to learn some patience before i get back into things.

saying that i couldn't resist buying SEO a few days ago, its an absolute pig of a company that's never made any money, but was sitting on such a strong trendline that i couldn't help myself...currently up 12% on my position.

hope everyone's trading is going well. :)

hello

sorry I haven't post any more because I haven't traded in the UK not that you miss me...:LOL:

full on with olives and USA trading.... ...

I do come and read tho...

take care (y)

hey minch, you're not de-railing it at all mate.

DISL which i sold recently had a nice 40% rise yesterday, which i'm obviously disappointed missing out on. also if i had actually held onto INGG, i'd now be 20% up on my position.

got to learn some patience before i get back into things.

saying that i couldn't resist buying SEO a few days ago, its an absolute pig of a company that's never made any money, but was sitting on such a strong trendline that i couldn't help myself...currently up 12% on my position.

hope everyone's trading is going well. :)

hi Dr.B

I never look back what "might have been" the most important IMO not to lose an dmake the money work..... that money could have gone somewhere giving more £££££
JMO try to cheers you up....:)

Dr B - are you still watching LSE:GAS? It looks about ready to breakout, although it is still on low volume.

Dr B - are you still watching LSE:GAS? It looks about ready to breakout, although it is still on low volume.

hey PB, yeah still watching gasol. buyers/sellers playing tug of war for the past few weeks.

slight bullish osc div on the nov 25/dec 2 lows...u think it'll break north?

if so i have an old up T line that would now act as res @ 4p.

Not equities I know, but I thought I would post this as an example of a possible 4hr Long Bias change in play on USD/JPY, as per our prior discussions.

Wait for price to break above HrH 4, and look to play a subsequent retracement.

EDIT: Bias change now confirmed, price break above HrH 4,

Strong support In this area from a yr ago, 2 bounces from 87.12,

Apologies for derailing the thread fella's, but these are the set up's that we should be looking for, in our quest to be free from the all day screen watching arena.

Back to equities, im long Land securities @ 679 & Prudential @ 628 from yesterday (Tues).

Have you found an entry for $Y Minch?

I was looking at 86.919 - 87.583 (S1 to S2) for a long entry if it gets there. 87.475 aligns nicely with a 50% fib of the previous H1 swing, and is also the high of the 1st - yesterdays high and H1 bar of the 1st dec at 18.00 is the swing i am measuring, if that makes sense!

I'd be looking for a 1m bias change for confirmation, or 89 tick.

Good luck with Land Secs and the Pru.

I was looking at 86.919 - 87.583 (S1 to S2) for a long entry if it gets there. 87.475 aligns nicely with a 50% fib of the previous H1 swing, and is also the high of the 1st - yesterdays high and H1 bar of the 1st dec at 18.00 is the swing i am measuring, if that makes sense!

Forget that - NFP blew away that setup.

Thanks Geo, I think NFP could have kicked off the Santa Claus rally :)

4hr Bias change has certainly been confirmed on $Y, lol,

I missed the entry yesterday at 87.58 which was just above the breakout point at 87.55,
and confluence with the 50% Fib as you stated.

Never mind, bring on the next set up

AUS USD confirmed H4 short bias today - i might start looking for an entry short at fib levels of the previous H1 and current H1 bar.

0.9240 + area might yield results

AUS USD confirmed H4 short bias today - i might start looking for an entry short at fib levels of the previous H1 and current H1 bar.

0.9240 + area might yield results

I am short from 0.9228 with a super agressive 1m bias change for confirmation.

1st target = todays low