DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

£Y H4 bias remains long - looking to buy at 50% (144.27 ish) fib of previous H4 swing should the right signals present themselves - 143.82 ish looks like potential TP as well. Also, looking at AUS/JPY, CHF/JPY, EUR/JPY, CAD/JPY, and USD/JPY for similar setups.

Attachments

• GY_H4.jpg
    GY_H4.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 168
$/CAD lining up for a potential P2 4H short bias.

Attachments

• usd-cad.png
    usd-cad.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 157
Equity update - Closed out Land Securities for loss - 9 pts, 4 hr bias short now on this one.

Moved stop to BE - Prudential , Not looking good, manage risk boys, keep those losses small.

EDIT: Prudential BE stop hit.

Last edited:
£CHF H4 Bias long from last week - now potentialy in the buy zone after having retraced to 61.8% of the previous H4 swing, and into possible S/R area - I've missed the long entry already though, or at least I missed the M1 agressive entry.

Attachments

• CHF_H4.jpg
    CHF_H4.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 141
FTSE - 4 hr Short Bias about to be confirmed.

:) Confirmed now.

Shame about Land Sec and the Pru Minch!

How's the Yell demo trade going DB?

edit: Oh, I misread your post re: the Pru Minch - you're still in. Good luck.

sold yell this morning for 43.5p...just spunked 27k on $/cad though :LOL:

i wonder if mcdonalds are hiring :whistling

:) Confirmed now.

Shame about Land Sec and the Pru Minch!

How's the Yell demo trade going DB?

edit: Oh, I misread your post re: the Pru Minch - you're still in. Good luck.

Im out BE now on Pru Geo.

Is it me or is your Fib upside down on £/Chf.

Im out BE now on Pru Geo.

Is it me or is your Fib upside down on £/Chf.

Yes, well MT4 only draws the numbers from 0-100 up - they can't be reversed, but I tend to automatically make the swap.

Demo I hope Dr. B :)

eheh...is indeed minch.

i'd be crying salty tears if it weren't :eek:

tell u what geo, hats of to you mate for taking your demo trading seriously...i can't for the life of me manage it, which isn't good.

Ah, ok Geo, I just thought it was maybe a slip of your finger fibulater :)

Have you had a look at Claudia's breakout strat for Cable,
I hauled myself out of bed this morning and gave it a bash,
Nabbed myself a quick 22 pts, it seems to work rather well.

£Y at S3 - 50% fib - soooo tempting to go long now! But I think I will wait for a more conservaive M15 bias change entry tbh - lots to do today anyway.

Demo trading is damn boring DB, but then that's how trading should be IMHO - not saying you can't enjoy it when you get it right of course, just keep the gambling to a minimum ;) I think all that demo trading served me well though - I'm much more discplined now, and enjoying robbing ETX :)

Last edited:
Short or Long DB? What was the rational for the entry?

short. the thinking was that i thought a H1 fib retracement would act as res before continuing south, also i had a trend line that i hoped would act as a backup res...but this was quite a way from my entry. its now frolicking around this trendline looking like it could be a breakout, or still act as res. also i thought that that 4H bias could still poss be on the cards.

basically i was just firing on positions whilst i'm playing with some music production software...so not taking it too seriously TBH, which ain't good.

i was firing on more positions like a real gambler trying to hit the reversal...trading on half baked ideas!

saying that i'm a few K up on my second half baked $/cad position at the mo :whistling

Ah, ok Geo, I just thought it was maybe a slip of your finger fibulater :)

Have you had a look at Claudia's breakout strat for Cable,
I hauled myself out of bed this morning and gave it a bash,
Nabbed myself a quick 22 pts, it seems to work rather well.

+22 Good stuff!

No, I've not read it, though a few people have mentioned it. I might take a look when I get a spare min.

Tbh, if I was going to learn a new strat, I would learn PN's new Furquad strat - currently averaging 1100 pips a week - 61% win rate. Looks the nuts!

short. the thinking was that i thought a H1 fib retracement would act as res before continuing south, also i had a trend line that i hoped would act as a backup res...but this was quite a way from my entry. its now frolicking around this trendline looking like it could be a breakout, or still act as res. also i thought that that 4H bias could still poss be on the cards.

basically i was just firing on positions whilst i'm playing with some music production software...so not taking it too seriously TBH, which ain't good.

i was firing on more positions like a real gambler trying to hit the reversal...trading on half baked ideas!

saying that i'm a few K up on my second half baked $/cad position at the mo :whistling

Ok, I get the idea - I looked at the chart too, and thought it was a possibility, but still H4 bias is long I believe.

Do yourself a little favour though DB, look for a M1 or M2 or 89 tick chart bias change for confirmation at the very least - it will help you I am sure.