Dax futures

osho67

I have traded several contracts on DAX futures through IB. IT seems getting few points on a daily basis is easy. Any traders on these boards trading DAX?What is the opinion?

There is late DAX as well. Is the symbol same for this product?

All comments much appreciated. Thanks

IT seems getting few points on a daily basis is easy.

Hi osho67

Easy eh...would love to know your strategy!!!
I find the DAX is nice to trade the intraday price swings, even if it's somewhat of a fast mover.
Not sure if it's as popular as it used to be?
Anyone traded it for several years....

C

I have only done for few days. I use two ema 3 and 20-no particular reason for selecting this. I trade after a cross over and I feel a good trend is there.
May be beginners luck?
More input from experienced traders appreciated as well.Thanks

You could try PM'ing DaxTrader.

I know he used to trade it heavily, but now trades something else (bunds, I think he said)

Dax

DAX futures are nice to trade when the US markets close in the oposite direction of the close of DAX.

Generally we can get a gap in the opening on the next day. Of course there is still risk but sometimes we can get some good predictions and profit points on DAX

I used to trade the dax for a firm. It's very nice trading. I like to trade the dax with the trend on spikes. For example if there is an uptrend for several days and on a moment if the market moves with stoplosses down below a support I buy with a 6-10 point stoploss. If you are stopped out thats bad...good trade bad outcome.... if the dax climbs back above the support you have a big chance you bought around the daylow...do some money management with possition sizing and it;'s a very proffitable market...

ps, don't go overnight and if you do it's best to hedge with mini s&P's if something goes to much against you.