Trading Hours for EUREX and EURONEXT futures

mleung

Hi,

I day trade DAX and FTSE futures. Got caught today (forced to take overnight position) on the 1pm early close (30th Dec) of DAX futures.

Do anyone know a good source of information for daily trading hours of these futures contracts? I need market announcements, rather than standard contract specification, if you know what I mean.

Try to learn from this mistake and prevent it from happening again. Many thanks in advance.

Mo

You can see this information on the exchange websites. I think you can also sign up with them, so that they send you an email with their holiday hours announcements.

Martinghoul,

Another good tool is an updated Economic Calendar. A calendar will let you know the major news events happening that day icluding changes in the exchange's schedule.

Please feel free to PM me if you would like some more information regarding this.

Best,
Forexbroker

Cant find much on the eurex website for this year re: xmas/new years holiday early closing.

It says the 24th and 31th are closed for trading, but everyone already knows that.

But cant find anything about early closes on specific products ie the DAX.

I presume they will close DAX early at 1pm uk time on the 30th again like last year.
Why they do this, i dont know, its not like its the 31st is it. The FESX futures closes around 5pm on that day.

Another silly exchange is EURONEXT/LIFFE they closed FTSE 100 futures at 18:00 on the day before thanksgiving last week, ie on the 24th of Nov. The US markets didnt close until 9pm on that day.
Then liffe reponed FTSE 100 at 1am on the 25th (7 hours after the early close on the 24th).. doesnt make any sense at all.

Last edited: