dax or dow

where would I go to find daily support and resistance levels for dax or dow

I will always be long one or the other off daily charts when the Dow shows a consistent uptrend, which long-term it most often does. I don't ever aim to get in and out within the same day.

where would I go to find daily support and resistance levels for dax or dow
You would go onto your charts and draw them out. if you cant see them on your charts then its not advisable you trade them

I trade DAX very different than DOW.
Sadly I won't have time to trade on the DAX anymore, you should trade from 9:30 - 15:00 because DOW can go wild on 15:00 - 15:30, you want to avoid that. At the DAX I use ma10 quite a lot. For retesting, 2-3 trades for at least 30 points each.

With DOW you should really watch the trend, spikes and distribution/accumilation area's and be patiant. It's more a trajectory you want to catch, likecombination of day-trading and swing-trading based on over/undervaluation at a certain point, find 100-300 point hits.

I trade DAX very different than DOW.
Sadly I won't have time to trade on the DAX anymore, you should trade from 9:30 - 15:00 because DOW can go wild on 15:00 - 15:30, you want to avoid that. At the DAX I use ma10 quite a lot. For retesting, 2-3 trades for at least 30 points each.

With DOW you should really watch the trend, spikes and distribution/accumilation area's and be patiant. It's more a trajectory you want to catch, likecombination of day-trading and swing-trading based on over/undervaluation at a certain point, find 100-300 point hits.

I think this is a very good description of both markets. I complete agree with you.

easier said than done

May I ask why you think that? It's not particularly difficult to figure out daily or intraday S&R on Dax lately? Here's an example, this on the 4H chart.
Screenshot 2019-11-04 at 14.21.01.png

Whether the DAX is better to trade than the Dow I don't know. But two things I can say - firstly the Dow is not a weighted index, its purely an addition of the share prices of all the 30 companies within the index: the prices are not weighted in any way.

Secondly, does the DAX follow the Dow or does the Dow follow the DAX?

Indices are worth trading when the movement is strong. On the other hand, the American market always gives good opportunities. Maybe I don't understand something, but I don't see mcuh profitable entry points on the dow. Dax is easier. There you can see the explicit levels and take your money at least for them. I know that liquidity on NASDAQ is one of the highest in the world. I know that its value was affected by the drop of the value of Facebook stocks. It was situation when it was impossible to sell them for a while. Now it seems a little calmer.

There are not profitable entry points on the Dow every day. But I guess that's true of any market. But how far back are you complaining about the lack of entry points on the Dow? The Dow is up 40% in the last 3 years, 30% the 3 years before that and 30% the 3 years before that.

Im finding trading the dax extermeally hard, lately i've been working on my trading behevior of not taking profit early and not closing out postion if its not hit my stops,

Thats thats doing is i'll by up 10 pips and it would revese take my stop etc, using a 10-15 stop i think i might test 30 pip and avg in and out there about.

Hi there,
I only trade CFDs on DAX. Just put a quick video (2minutes) together on my trading style and my performance.

I am from Germany and I feel very comfortable with DAX.
Any other DAX trader here?

Thanks a lot.

Guys, I am new here. Is there a reason, why the indices are falling that hard? As german I am looking at Dax 30 in specific. Why ist it dropping so hard, the last few days?

Guys, I am new here. Is there a reason, why the indices are falling that hard? As german I am looking at Dax 30 in specific. Why ist it dropping so hard, the last few days?
First lesson to learn as a newbie. ALL markets are rigged. Hedge funds and other market makers manipule price for litte fish like you and me to lose our money. When they decide it's bears time, it's bears time. Period. The only logic behind that is that you and me must lose money for they to earn it.

I trade Dow 230pm - 430pm (GMT). Awesome instrument to trade as it moves so much. I trade off a 32 tick chart coupled with a 1minute chart.