dax or dow

tomorton

Legendary member
7,317 982
I will always be long one or the other off daily charts when the Dow shows a consistent uptrend, which long-term it most often does. I don't ever aim to get in and out within the same day.

mirno

5 0
I trade DAX very different than DOW.
Sadly I won't have time to trade on the DAX anymore, you should trade from 9:30 - 15:00 because DOW can go wild on 15:00 - 15:30, you want to avoid that. At the DAX I use ma10 quite a lot. For retesting, 2-3 trades for at least 30 points each.

With DOW you should really watch the trend, spikes and distribution/accumilation area's and be patiant. It's more a trajectory you want to catch, likecombination of day-trading and swing-trading based on over/undervaluation at a certain point, find 100-300 point hits.

landorra

27 2
I trade DAX very different than DOW.
Sadly I won't have time to trade on the DAX anymore, you should trade from 9:30 - 15:00 because DOW can go wild on 15:00 - 15:30, you want to avoid that. At the DAX I use ma10 quite a lot. For retesting, 2-3 trades for at least 30 points each.

With DOW you should really watch the trend, spikes and distribution/accumilation area's and be patiant. It's more a trajectory you want to catch, likecombination of day-trading and swing-trading based on over/undervaluation at a certain point, find 100-300 point hits.
I think this is a very good description of both markets. I complete agree with you.