How many ticks/pips do professionals make per week?

How many ticks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
Traders trading forex , s and p , Dax , Dow jones or ftse

How much do consistently profitable traders aim?.I heard on the grapevine 25 ticks was average @ 5 to 10 lots.

I found systems/methods to make 100 a week on Dow/Dax , but still working on finalizing them.

S and P I just multiply *10 2460.6 = last three digits.

The full digits on dow /dax 12736 etc

pips on forex

Last edited:

How much do consistently profitable traders aim?.I heard on the grapevine 25 ticks was average @ 5 to 10 lots.

I found systems/methods to make 100 a week on Dow/Dax , but still working on finalizing them.

Hi Foroom,

Good poll but is flawed. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It would need to be weighted according to market size, not contract value.

For example, trading on the S&P will yield less points than if trading on the Dow. I've highlighted this years back in my trading diary. Points are good of course but it really depends on market weight.

Regards,
Lee

Hi Foroom,

Good poll but is flawed. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It would need to be weighted according to market size, not contract value.

For example, trading on the S&P will yield less points than if trading on the Dow. I've highlighted this years back in my trading diary. Points are good of course but it really depends on market weight.

Regards,
Lee

I understand that , but with S and P I just multiply *10 2460.6 = last three digits.

pips on forex

I understand that , but with S and P I just multiply *10 2460.6 = last three digits.

pips on forex

Ah good call. I getcha. Then people should state what they trade for how many points etc. Then a bit of reverse engineering gives an indication of relevant points for market size. On the whole though, a pretty tough one as will range greatly from trader to trader. For example size of contract. A trader may only make one huge trade for a few points whereby another trader may take several positions to get their money.

S and P I just multiply *10 2460.6 = last three digits.

pips on forex

Really depends what you are gunning for.

If liquidity is not a problem, then size its whats important to me (personally). Would rather gun for 10/20 pts a day on a 10 lot, than sitting in trades for days/weeks on a 2 lot.

If we reverse engineer the cost of the trade, we can then make sure we only take trades that fit within these parameters.

As usual, there is no one way, just lots of ways.