How many Pips per week on average? seriously now!!

Are you implying that if I could make, say, <10 pips a day consistently it would take longer to get 'rich' than if i made, say, >100 pips?

that depends on you, but if you make positive pips per day consistently then you'll make money (how much, depends on you entirely)...to me I don't care how many pips it is as long as it's positive consistently then I'm happy!!

that depends on you, but if you make positive pips per day consistently then you'll make money (how much, depends on you entirely)...to me I don't care how many pips it is as long as it's positive consistently then I'm happy!!

Ok, just wanted to make sure you understood that, it means I still don't get the point of this thread if you know that the amount of pips you make doesn't matter! Sorry lol :confused:

just before this thread started my 6 month average pip count was 177 pips per week (very different from ROI average) but last 5 weeks were as follows:

w/c 14th Dec = 150 pips
w/c 21nd Dec = 50 pips
w/c 28th Dec = 0 pips
w/c 4th Jan = 28 pips
w/c 11th Jan = 2 pips ( will change if EUR/USD will finish above 14375)

average over last 5 weeks = 46 pips /week (well below average). I normally average 3 to 4 trades per week, the last 5 weeks I've made 7 trades( 1.4 trades per week).

I'm not entirely happy about the low average, but then I'm not upset as to be honest I've spent less then 3 hours per week looking at charts and did not expect much over the last few weeks anyway.

The last 4 weeks (for my strategy anyway) has been useless but over the long term will be okay.

46 pips per week according to many would be 'crap' but I'm happy with it based on effort and circumstances...as long as it's positive

Ok, just wanted to make sure you understood that, it means I still don't get the point of this thread if you know that the amount of pips you make doesn't matter! Sorry lol :confused:

The point of the thread was that experienced traders make less pips per week than new traders think, new traders think they need to make hundreds of pips per week to be successful, the opposite is actually true (well, that was my theory anyway)

for anyone wondering, 7 trades were as follows:
w/c 14th Dec = 3 trades
w/c 21nd Dec = 1 trade
w/c 28th Dec = no trade
w/c 4th Jan = 1 trade
w/c 11th Jan = 2 trades

and for those ROI fans out there that consider pips useless then below is ROI:
w/c 14th Dec = 14.90%
w/c 21nd Dec = 5%
w/c 28th Dec = 0%
w/c 4th Jan = 1.99%
w/c 11th Jan = -1.60% (based on EUR/USD at 14375)

Thus average ROI is 4% (but if I were Mad Max then this could have been 8%) but pips would not have changed, if not were worse...

?? no I have not..lol...anyway.. what's going on with Eur/Usd today. I'm long at 14410 but don't understand the price action unless it is one of those days of 'EUR/USD will finish on a low 200 pips below high and then reverse all the way on Monday..who knows?

If you are long at 1.4410,it suggests to me your inexperience in trading.I hope you do not take it badly.

Taking trades into a weekend?:eek:

suggest you try for six months on small account:(
:eek:

If you are long at 1.4410,it suggests to me your inexperience in trading.I hope you do not take it badly.

Taking trades into a weekend?:eek:

suggest you try for six months on small account:(
:eek:

:cool:we'll see, target is 14480, your comment in fact says a lot about YOUR inexperience but you'll find that eventually...

:cool:we'll see, target is 14480, your comment in fact says a lot about YOUR inexperience but you'll find that eventually...

K then, will await the day day you lose your trousers , so we can come and see.Do please invite us , till then.

ODT..EUR/USD is tanking at the moment...you going short,,,:cheesy: come on ..you know you want to...

Don't you recognise this Sunday evening price action as 'clear' signal for the next week!!!

well, saying that, dependent on what service provider you're with, you might not even see it!! that would be a shame...

what is the purpose of this question anyway... it is rather a stupid question...
you make what the market gives its as simple as that, its not a case of being able to pull out a an average of x pips a week.

what is the purpose of this question anyway... it is rather a stupid question...
you make what the market gives its as simple as that, its not a case of being able to pull out a an average of x pips a week.

that must be the most insanely stupidest childish answer to date, the market gives you nothing mate!!! you must take it as if you're a homeless ****** with 6 kids at home to feed and someone stops (probably a banker) in front of you with an obnoxious X5 (with private plates mind you) windows open and $100k on the passenger seat, grab it and run because he ain't going to hand it out is he?

"you make what the market gives" is from all those cheesy day trading books for sale...

The market gives you nothing mate!!! You must take it as if you're a homeless ****** with 6 kids at home to feed and someone stops, (probably a banker), in front of you with an obnoxious X5 (with private plates mind you) windows open and $100k on the passenger seat. Grab it and run because he ain't going to hand it out is he? "You make what the market gives" is from all those cheesy day trading books for sale...

I actually quite like this analogy..:)

well you clearly dont know what your talking about. mentality like that gets you seated along side every other loser out there.

well you clearly dont know what your talking about. mentality like that gets you seated along side every other loser out there.

clearly:rolleyes:

Forex traders the world over are the most honest and upstanding citizens ever and they are only interested in your well being and would NEVER dream of depriving you of your last $:sneaky:

clearly:rolleyes:

Forex traders the world over are the most honest and upstanding citizens ever and they are only interested in your well being and would NEVER dream of depriving you of your last $:sneaky:

well i cant speak for the rest of them out there, but from one south african to another i think we both know it would be more than your last $... it would be your phone, shirt,shoes, and your car keys

however if you check out my website www.youvebeenconned.com I'll show you my system developed over the last 20 years which will guarantee 30% return per week on forex trading. I'm only doing this as I'm so rich now that money does not matter but I would like to help out all those little people!!