dax or dow

tomorton

Legendary member
7,969 1,163
I will always be long one or the other off daily charts when the Dow shows a consistent uptrend, which long-term it most often does. I don't ever aim to get in and out within the same day.

mirno

5 0
I trade DAX very different than DOW.
Sadly I won't have time to trade on the DAX anymore, you should trade from 9:30 - 15:00 because DOW can go wild on 15:00 - 15:30, you want to avoid that. At the DAX I use ma10 quite a lot. For retesting, 2-3 trades for at least 30 points each.

With DOW you should really watch the trend, spikes and distribution/accumilation area's and be patiant. It's more a trajectory you want to catch, likecombination of day-trading and swing-trading based on over/undervaluation at a certain point, find 100-300 point hits.

landorra

40 6
I trade DAX very different than DOW.
Sadly I won't have time to trade on the DAX anymore, you should trade from 9:30 - 15:00 because DOW can go wild on 15:00 - 15:30, you want to avoid that. At the DAX I use ma10 quite a lot. For retesting, 2-3 trades for at least 30 points each.

With DOW you should really watch the trend, spikes and distribution/accumilation area's and be patiant. It's more a trajectory you want to catch, likecombination of day-trading and swing-trading based on over/undervaluation at a certain point, find 100-300 point hits.
I think this is a very good description of both markets. I complete agree with you.

Akinozragore

114 7
I prefer DAX 30, as it's one of the largest stock indexes, which includes the most important stocks in Germany. The DAX stock instrument includes 30 largest German shares traded on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. To calculate DAX 30 are taken 30 the most expensive stocks. The nature of the data movement, at first glance is similar to Dow, but is seriously different, and this should be clearly understood. You might think that they are similar, respectively, and their movements will be similar. But, this is far from the case. The fact is that Dow is a weighted average index. In this case, both cheap and expensive stocks are taken equally to calculate the average value. Sot their market price changes will be different and DAX, I think, is bettet, as it's easier to predict.

tomorton

Legendary member
7,969 1,163
Whether the DAX is better to trade than the Dow I don't know. But two things I can say - firstly the Dow is not a weighted index, its purely an addition of the share prices of all the 30 companies within the index: the prices are not weighted in any way.

Secondly, does the DAX follow the Dow or does the Dow follow the DAX?

Adoralmeena

54 6
Indices are worth trading when the movement is strong. On the other hand, the American market always gives good opportunities. Maybe I don't understand something, but I don't see mcuh profitable entry points on the dow. Dax is easier. There you can see the explicit levels and take your money at least for them. I know that liquidity on NASDAQ is one of the highest in the world. I know that its value was affected by the drop of the value of Facebook stocks. It was situation when it was impossible to sell them for a while. Now it seems a little calmer.

tomorton

Legendary member
7,969 1,163
Indices are worth trading when the movement is strong. On the other hand, the American market always gives good opportunities. Maybe I don't understand something, but I don't see mcuh profitable entry points on the dow. Dax is easier. There you can see the explicit levels and take your money at least for them. I know that liquidity on NASDAQ is one of the highest in the world. I know that its value was affected by the drop of the value of Facebook stocks. It was situation when it was impossible to sell them for a while. Now it seems a little calmer.

There are not profitable entry points on the Dow every day. But I guess that's true of any market. But how far back are you complaining about the lack of entry points on the Dow? The Dow is up 40% in the last 3 years, 30% the 3 years before that and 30% the 3 years before that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock