Datafeeds List

www.eoddata.com issue

Hello,

Does anyone have experience of importing eod data from above www.eoddata.com into TS2000i?
I have tried it and it seems that Global Server does not recognise file format (file is not visible in a list).

Thanks

I tried using HyperTools for XPO from www.hypertrader.it.

As instructed I converted *.txt (is it the same as ASCII format?) file into *.xpo file but Global server is confused.

*.txt files from www.eoddata.com contain more than one product. Could it be the reason, since Global server can take only one product per *.xpo file?

Is there a way around it?
Is there anyone who uses HyperTools for XPO with more success?

Thanks

www.premiumdata.net
EOD data for Stock Markets (US, Australia & Singapore)
Futures (86 contracts across 13 Futures exchanges)
Forex (78 currency pairs)
Plenty of history.
Free trial available online.

I trade spot forex and am simple after data feeds to use with sierra charts as I have been provided with some custom indicators that I quite like.

As I simply need RT data feeds to run on sierra, is there a service out there that you guys weould recommend. I have had a brief look at Interactive Brokers and MyTrack however they require me to open an account with them... and since I will be using my exsiting broker I se no need to open and fund an account which I wont be using anyway.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Jim

A customer of mine pointed me towards Dukascopy, they've a variety of free data thingies onsite (updating quotes, events calendar and so on, a fair range) that you can cut and paste onto your own site - I've added the csv download of data history to mine for example.
Worth a look, although I feel the best way to get to
http://www.dukascopy.com/english/cquotes/
would be to go via my site and buy a copy of my program (remember, a gift of P&F charting software is always welcome to the aged, middle aged, or even pre-school children.... err, this isn't working, is it?)
For EoD this could be worth trying, there is an intraday feed there but I've not tried it out...
Dave
(Many a May Day has been enhanced by a gift of...okay, I'll stop it...)

Sharky said:
Trying to build a definitive list of data feeds, both uk and us. The ones I have so far are:

eSignal
Interquote
quote.com
myTrack
Dial/data
BMI
DTN
Signal
Prestel

Can anyone add to this list?

Cheers,
Sharky.

Try www.datavendor.com, they provide a list of data vendors and prices. There are some data vendors on this site that provide free EOD data.

Data Feeds

To update the list,

BMI and Signal not longer exist, only eSignal.

At eSignal we at working at supporting a bunch of Data Feeds and integrated trading with our software including the following ...

IB
MB
Scottrade
Ameritrade
Patsystems
CyberTrader

All these Data Feeds are supported with our charting front end, eSignal's TahoeCharts, with more coming soon. A free trial is available now till September 1st at:

http://www.tahoecharts.com

Coming in 7.8, the eSignal software will run on all these other Data Feeds too.

Chuck
@eSignal

esignal -Advanced Get

I have just paid thousands to own Advance Get and Optiongear (data feed), but have not managed to download data from optiongear into AGet, and esignal don't seem to give a tosh, you would have thought for nearly $4000 and a promise that you can get data for world markets that they would care. Well I intend to send it back the end of this week. Its important to take care of customers after you get their money. I am already paying interest on my credit cards for all this rubbish. Does anyone use optiongear and advance get with success?
:mad:

Chuck_T said:
To update the list,

BMI and Signal not longer exist, only eSignal.

At eSignal we at working at supporting a bunch of Data Feeds and integrated trading with our software including the following ...

IB
MB
Scottrade
Ameritrade
Patsystems
CyberTrader

All these Data Feeds are supported with our charting front end, eSignal's TahoeCharts, with more coming soon. A free trial is available now till September 1st at:

http://www.tahoecharts.com

Coming in 7.8, the eSignal software will run on all these other Data Feeds too.

Chuck
@eSignal

Get

kikimc,

I'll have someone follow up with you next week. I don't know much about OptionsGear, but GET EOD only supports US markets currently. We are working on a global EOD version of GET to be released this fall.

Chuck

kikimc said:
I have just paid thousands to own Advance Get and Optiongear (data feed), but have not managed to download data from optiongear into AGet, and esignal don't seem to give a tosh, you would have thought for nearly $4000 and a promise that you can get data for world markets that they would care. Well I intend to send it back the end of this week. Its important to take care of customers after you get their money. I am already paying interest on my credit cards for all this rubbish. Does anyone use optiongear and advance get with success?
:mad:

I'd like to contact you offline to talk about this and troubleshoot the issue further, however both email and private messages are disabled for your T2W account. Please contact me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to assist with this issue.

esignal always used to be a take the money and run company - they were advertising that they had european data - when they had just started to store it themselves, so effectivly only had a few days worth - i understood they only bought the program Advanced get in order to get the basis of it in order to produce their own charting software

pleased to hear they are as crap and anti-customer as ever

stevet said:
esignal always used to be a take the money and run company - they were advertising that they had european data - when they had just started to store it themselves, so effectivly only had a few days worth - i understood they only bought the program Advanced get in order to get the basis of it in order to produce their own charting software

pleased to hear they are as crap and anti-customer as ever

While not my style to defend "large" corporations, I like to share with other T2W members that my 2 yr experience with eSignal has on the whole been very good. They offer services for all requirements and wallets. Datafeeds have been virtually without any interuption, charting is versatile and very good, etc, etc. Thusfar also satisfied with Advanced GET. Not cheap but seems to be paying off for me.
Client service must have improved as I have had good experiences and hear nothing but positive feedback from other users.

I have just been going through this thread and would like to pick up on the important point that 'Cassiopeia' made some time back regarding the distinction between EOD based on trades and EOD based on market quotes.
I am interested in UK shares, FTSE100 and FTSE250, and have found that there is a serious problem in obtaining any historic data that consistently reflects 'mid-price' Highs and Lows for these shares (SETS and SETSmm). Instead, as per LSE guidelines, the Highs and Lows are the recorded maximum and minimum 'automatically executed trades'. So, if you are trying to backtest trading strategies, this can cause serious problems.

Rather than trying to trawl through the very large list of data sources already listed on this thread, I was wondering whether anyone knows of a source that provides historic UK share OHLC data where the Highs and Lows are definitely 'mid-prices' as opposed to 'executed trade prices' ? Or perhaps someone knows of another way of obtaining 'mid-price' historic Highs and Lows ?

Failing that, is anyone aware of an affordable source of historic Best Price tick data on UK shares, going back 5 or more years (from which 'mid-price' data could then be extracted) ?

Hope you can help

Hi All

Can we please keep to the thread subject, in this case the various datafeeds that are available. If you want to discuss something else, please start a new thread.

Thank you :)

Hi Guilbert

I have replied to you on this thread - UK EOD Mid prices