Datafeeds List

Chuck_T

193 0
Data Feeds

To update the list,

BMI and Signal not longer exist, only eSignal.

At eSignal we at working at supporting a bunch of Data Feeds and integrated trading with our software including the following ...

IB
MB
Scottrade
Ameritrade
Patsystems
CyberTrader

All these Data Feeds are supported with our charting front end, eSignal's TahoeCharts, with more coming soon. A free trial is available now till September 1st at:

http://www.tahoecharts.com

Coming in 7.8, the eSignal software will run on all these other Data Feeds too.

Chuck
@eSignal

kikimc

2 0
esignal -Advanced Get

I have just paid thousands to own Advance Get and Optiongear (data feed), but have not managed to download data from optiongear into AGet, and esignal don't seem to give a tosh, you would have thought for nearly $4000 and a promise that you can get data for world markets that they would care. Well I intend to send it back the end of this week. Its important to take care of customers after you get their money. I am already paying interest on my credit cards for all this rubbish. Does anyone use optiongear and advance get with success?
:mad:

Chuck_T said:
To update the list,

BMI and Signal not longer exist, only eSignal.

At eSignal we at working at supporting a bunch of Data Feeds and integrated trading with our software including the following ...

IB
MB
Scottrade
Ameritrade
Patsystems
CyberTrader

All these Data Feeds are supported with our charting front end, eSignal's TahoeCharts, with more coming soon. A free trial is available now till September 1st at:

http://www.tahoecharts.com

Coming in 7.8, the eSignal software will run on all these other Data Feeds too.

Chuck
@eSignal

Chuck_T

193 0
Get

kikimc,

I'll have someone follow up with you next week. I don't know much about OptionsGear, but GET EOD only supports US markets currently. We are working on a global EOD version of GET to be released this fall.

Chuck

JayF_eSignal

54 0
kikimc said:
I have just paid thousands to own Advance Get and Optiongear (data feed), but have not managed to download data from optiongear into AGet, and esignal don't seem to give a tosh, you would have thought for nearly $4000 and a promise that you can get data for world markets that they would care. Well I intend to send it back the end of this week. Its important to take care of customers after you get their money. I am already paying interest on my credit cards for all this rubbish. Does anyone use optiongear and advance get with success?
:mad:

I'd like to contact you offline to talk about this and troubleshoot the issue further, however both email and private messages are disabled for your T2W account. Please contact me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to assist with this issue.

stevet

Established member
917 5
esignal always used to be a take the money and run company - they were advertising that they had european data - when they had just started to store it themselves, so effectivly only had a few days worth - i understood they only bought the program Advanced get in order to get the basis of it in order to produce their own charting software

pleased to hear they are as crap and anti-customer as ever

bgold

Established member
532 5
stevet said:
esignal always used to be a take the money and run company - they were advertising that they had european data - when they had just started to store it themselves, so effectivly only had a few days worth - i understood they only bought the program Advanced get in order to get the basis of it in order to produce their own charting software

pleased to hear they are as crap and anti-customer as ever

While not my style to defend "large" corporations, I like to share with other T2W members that my 2 yr experience with eSignal has on the whole been very good. They offer services for all requirements and wallets. Datafeeds have been virtually without any interuption, charting is versatile and very good, etc, etc. Thusfar also satisfied with Advanced GET. Not cheap but seems to be paying off for me.
Client service must have improved as I have had good experiences and hear nothing but positive feedback from other users.

guibert

9 0
I have just been going through this thread and would like to pick up on the important point that 'Cassiopeia' made some time back regarding the distinction between EOD based on trades and EOD based on market quotes.
I am interested in UK shares, FTSE100 and FTSE250, and have found that there is a serious problem in obtaining any historic data that consistently reflects 'mid-price' Highs and Lows for these shares (SETS and SETSmm). Instead, as per LSE guidelines, the Highs and Lows are the recorded maximum and minimum 'automatically executed trades'. So, if you are trying to backtest trading strategies, this can cause serious problems.

Rather than trying to trawl through the very large list of data sources already listed on this thread, I was wondering whether anyone knows of a source that provides historic UK share OHLC data where the Highs and Lows are definitely 'mid-prices' as opposed to 'executed trade prices' ? Or perhaps someone knows of another way of obtaining 'mid-price' historic Highs and Lows ?

Failing that, is anyone aware of an affordable source of historic Best Price tick data on UK shares, going back 5 or more years (from which 'mid-price' data could then be extracted) ?

Hope you can help

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 5
Hi All

Can we please keep to the thread subject, in this case the various datafeeds that are available. If you want to discuss something else, please start a new thread.

Thank you :)

Hi Guilbert

I have replied to you on this thread - UK EOD Mid prices

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock