• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] TXR by TrainerTXR - Trainer

Well, your right of course.

A raw overview could be found on the decription itself (if you are logged to the web plattform and not just see the public summary)

Back to darwinex after pausing since Dec19 due to too low volatility followed by pandemic turbulences - used the break to improve setup. Trading for living since 2006. Master in Physics and 10+ years as IT professional. TRX is 100% algorithmic countertrend concept, I used to trade sinces 2008 without a loosing year. Profit goal is 5-10% per quarter (20-40% p.a.) while keeping drawdowns low. My 4 big M's are MyFamily, Math (or Metatrader), Marathon and Metal (Music not XAU!)

Strategy itself has a very long history and track record - traded at several brokers (started at InteractiveBrokers in 2006 - later migrated it into MetaTrader world). Darwinex is not my main (prefered) broker, as you can see from the relatively low equity and I startetd with an imported track record. It took some time to adapt to Darwinex data stream and trading condition, but now i am very fine with this (TXR benefits from their new pricing model for followers/investors).

Last edited:
I know that from one single comment. ;)
TBH not only from one comment but also from the description you just mentioned.
Very professional, you speak the language of true traders.
Congrats for the AUM and for the Allocation.
Are you trading the same strategy of 2019 ?

TBH not only from one comment but also from the description you just mentioned.
Very professional, you speak the language of true traders.
Congrats for the AUM and for the Allocation.
Are you trading the same strategy of 2019 ?
Basic concept is the same, yes. But strongly improved in 2020. Not all pairs are working well at Darwinex, but now I found a good balance.

Darwinex was at the beginning some kind of side project (and almost dead for me, since competetive broker gave much better return) - but with their major change in June (which I got aware of in September) condition are really good.

And I really like the intellectually challenge with other good trader.

After restart in Sep I focused on DarwinIA in order to get a stable AuM basis. But more and more followers are joining, so I feeled somehow in duty to get in contact (and show, that I am a real person) and answer question

Last edited:

@CavaliereVerde

What are your other brokers?
From which one have you migrated the first part of your trackrecord?
Imported track record is from IC Markets - after leaving Interactive it was a long journey (testing more then 10 brokers) finding good brokers. I was with FXCM, Vipro (TickMill), Exness, XM, LMAX +++ but IC is the best I found so far. Now almost 4 years with them - never had any complaints. I will stay with the AU entity, accepting new ASIC rules with lower leverage.

thanks, but I am much more proud about running a few sub4 marathons ;-) - this is really pain
Have just checked TXR.
Very impressive.
4 yrs track record with just as small as ~5% DD to earn ~76% total profit.
You surely go viral soon.
A lot of inspiration for me!

2021_01_29_22.39.20.jpg

What a strategy!
25 trades per days on 16 assets.
Avg win 3.91pips
Avg loss 5.53pip.
Winrate: 65%.

Now I figure out why you have to test lots of brokers. With this kind of strategy, you demand an ultra fast order execution, low slippage and low spread to maximize the return.

What a strategy!
25 trades per days on 16 assets.
Avg win 3.91pips
Avg loss 5.53pip.
Winrate: 65%.

Now I figure out why you have to test lots of brokers. With this kind of strategy, you demand an ultra fast order execution, low slippage and low spread to maximize the return.
Don't look to much on the imported part. You actually cannot do that with darwinex.
This is what I tried to explain, when saying not all pairs are working with Darwinex.

Still working on ratio to become better now if you look after the 'restart' in sep20:

Trades 3,145
% profit trades 61.75 %
Average duration 1h30m
Average winning trade 5.22 pips
Average losing trade-5.64 pips

But with good condition, the edge itself is stable

Trades 3,145
% profit trades 61.75 %
Average duration 1h30m
Average winning trade 5.22 pips
Average losing trade-5.64 pips

But with good condition, the edge itself is stable
Surely, you have an edge.
Because such kind of strategy costs a lot (com, spread). The more the trades, the more the cost.
But you still got profit, it surely you have an edge and very stable it is.

Because such kind of strategy costs a lot (com, spread). The more the trades, the more the cost.
@TrainerTXR :
However, IMO, you should keep this strategy for your own capital only.
Why?
With such kind of scalping strategy, the more the AuM, the more weigh enter/exit the market, the more slippage/negative effect to your result.

Last edited:
@TrainerTXR :
However, IMO, you should keep this strategy for your own capital only.
Why?
With such kind of scalping strategy, the more the AuM, the more weigh enter/exit the market, the more slippage/negative effect to your result.
No worries yet.
Closely monitoring divergence, which is still positive as the AuM increases.
The stats concerning order details provided by darwinex are very helpful (and cool).
TXR_divergence.PNG

And, if it becomes critical there will be ways to work around.

From this point of view its good that the Darwinia AuM is no real money, so it cannot affect divergence.
If you belive in darwinex attributs there should be plenty of room for expansion. Cp attribute has strongly improved :
cp.PNG

Last edited: