• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] TTD by Captain Currency

Maybe it would be advisable to keep TTD going, even if you start another account. It seems a waste to throw away your existing hard won D-Score by starting from scratch.
I've had a good think about it @trilobite and also consulted with a well versed one, my belief is it's better to start from scratch.

Boom it whacked, I'd reckon a -20% drawdown will stump any Darwins d/score forever and this might be a good thing - all Darwins (even the once great ones) have the potential to tumble after a considerable DD.

Boom it whacked, I'd reckon a -20% drawdown will stump any Darwins d/score forever and this might be a good thing - all Darwins (even the once great ones) have the potential to tumble after a considerable DD.
Just a quick update, things are getting strange when I reply to myself :eek:

If let's say a good darwin was to take a -20% tumble, use VRT or SYO as an example, I wouldn't say they are now no longer investable. They could still be investable over a short - med period; 2 - 3 months, after a dip or during a good period, I might even hold them for just 1 month employing a SL and TP.

As an investor I wouldn't fancy investing in darwins long-term once they have been walloped with a 20% drawdown especially on a relatively low VaR <6.5%. Maybe investing in good darwins short-term is the answer?

April Stats for Darwin TTD

Trades: 8
Win rate: 12.5%
Avg win: +15.75 pips / +0.68%
Avg loss: -3.76 pips / -0.19%
Avg trade: 44m
Return: -0.52%
Max DD: -1.16%

A very inactive month, I only got a chance to study the charts towards the back end of the month. Lot's of personal obligations (burdens) over the past few weeks for me so trading has had to take a back seat. A quick heads-ups, over these summer months I'll be "part-time" so updates will be sporadic.

It took me a few trades (small losses) to get back into the swing of things but the trade below was one of the good ones once I got comfortable. A 10 pip stop-loss and a 17 pip take-profit, entry is circled below;

View attachment 299587

The Darwin is stable and enough setups are showing up even during different phases. Risk stability is under control and RvR is positive too. Loss Aversion (La) is green and scoring a healthy 7.8 out of 10.

I'm optimistic and I can't see me making any more changes to the Darwin. Discretionary day trading seeking short-term moves; pullbacks with a 10 pip SL and a +17 pip TP is how we'll roll 👍

View attachment 299588
@Captain Currency :
Do you use mostly orders for your trade entries, or market entries (just curious, trying to improve on my own trading).
Thanks.

Do you use mostly orders for your trade entries, or market entries (just curious, trying to improve on my own trading).
Pending order(s) and they get adjusted quiet regularly as price moves within structure. I've 2 orders pending at the moment and the way I have the account set it means only one order / trade can be open at a time, this helps keeps risk exposure under control o_O

Friday went a bit like this:

Looks like some of the better moves happened at the start of the European session. I prefer to drop in mid-morning, let a bit of structure build first before I think about trading.

I did fancy getting short Eur.Jpy even though we're trending up on D1, thought we might get some short-term selling within the A B structure - the only thing that went south was my stop-loss (10 pips) 😠

chart 1

A good extended weekend to all, holiday this Monday coming in the US.

Thursday went a bit like this:

A quick update wouldn't go amiss - no trades today, I did fancy buying Usd.Cad but the pullback wasn't deep enough - another couple of pips and our pending order would have been triggered.

I won't claim to have rode the move all the way up, instead I'd have bagged the normal (boring) +17 pips for a 10 pip risk.

chart 1

IL Capitano hasn't been trading too good over the past few weeks - lot's of little distractions / changes and the sunshine is going to my head; +20° C here in Ireland, that's hot for me. I've also noticed over the past week I've been trying to second guess my strat and sometimes enter early, a fast moving market can be very tempting and dangerous ... tut, tut 😬

Today went a bit better after a mulligan or two. Usd.Cad on the short side with a 10 pip SL and a 30 pip TP. Entry around C (below) wasn't perfect but good enough within the ABC structure. The SL held and was trailed lower once we got moving south. The TP at +30 was bigger than my normal take-profit (+17 pips) - something I need to work on is my close strategy. Overall performance would be better if I closed some winning trades later like this one 👇

chart 1

#ShortTermTrading

June Stats for Darwin TTD 🦆 🦆 🦆

Return: +1.50%
Max DD: -0.06%

The automated version of The 3 Ducks Trading System took 11 trades in June with a win rate of about 72%. The average winning trade was slightly better than the average losing trade, risk v reward was no better (or worse) than 1:1

For a trend-following strategy I would have previously believed that the RvR should be higher than 1:1. In today's Fx market my own trade / risk management elements of The 3 Ducks strategy have changed and been re-designed to allow for smaller, potentially more frequent nibbles out of the trend.

Max. Positive / Negative excursion per trade.

This months low DD surprised me, I didn't know what to expect going auto and the return was a nice surprise too 👍

Return / Risk