• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] SYO by SERSANSISTEMAS

Is SYO a better Bull than Bear?

Is it a case of their performance been better when Gold is trending up as apposed to when Gold is drifting lower, going sideways or even trending down.

There is some type of correlation going on between the XAUUSD chart and SYO performance chart, they seem to underperform (not do as good) when Gold is moving south.
you won't know until there is a bear market in gold

2/3 of the dradown has been recoverd, despite it investors are leaving.
I think the reason in mainly due to Darwinex Pivot commercial conditions.

Or maybe not... 😁
In the first quarter of 2020 the darwin was recovering fast but investors were still decreasing.
They came back only after a new ATH.

Last edited:
What a hell of Darwin is SYO! He's still on his biggest stagnation period (I think) but it's about to get a new ATH on the next weeks because it's rocketing right now! Year after year with an amazing performance and its stability looks pretty good too.

They came back only after a new ATH.

Regarding the investors behavior, I suppose there will be a mass who will always and only invest on ATH Darwins. It's normal that on a DD period those super classes loss part of their capitalization

2/3 of the dradown has been recoverd, despite it investors are leaving.
I think a lot of investors exit after a DD at their break-even point, especially if they got in at a high.

1628941254952.png

SYO needed 11 months for a new ATH, keep fingers crossed that it will be able to stay above the old one from 09/2020 (235.90), at least in 6 months ;).

SYO needed 11 months for a new ATH, keep fingers crossed that it will be able to stay above the old one from 09/2020 (235.90), at least in 6 months ;).
Maybe investors should buy DD, not ATH, and keep the investment on.
As they repeat in their reports, the environment was not ideal for SYO's trading, and it survived those times. It seems that right now (first quarter 2022) every super past investment is collapsing, and SYO is keeping its relentless pace.

In my humble opinion, Great Darwin, very nice and humble team.
Congrats.

Hello everybody!

First, thanks to @CavaliereVerde for creating this forum and for his always kind words.

Today we arrived here by chance when we saw a link in the bio of another Darwin. In fact, we didn't even know about the existence of these forums after the closure of Darwinex.

This post is written by Sergi Sánchez, the CEO of Sersan Sistemas. After reading some of the comments, I assume that some people don't know that I have been trading with algorithms since 2001. In LinkedIn you will find my profile if you feel like reading it. I also suppose that you haven't taken the time to read the monthly reports that we do, in Spanish and English. We recommend you do so, we consider that they provide quite a lot of information to the investor:

I can understand the criticisms, I have been trading for many years, but I am still surprised by some of the comments.

No quant model work? Ask Jim Simmons.

What do we look like HFD? We never talk about other Darwins, but generally speaking it is easy to predict some cracks. One forum member said he was the only one who had predicted the downfall of HFD. We have predicted the fall of several. Detecting martingales in trading journal is easy seeing the D-leverage rises after loss and all martingales end up the same, it is a matter of time. We have always use anti-martingale money management, so any comparison with other Darwins that have collapsed is simply ridiculous and pure ignorance or bad faith. It is obvious that some messages are pure bad faith and border on insulting our professionalism and I can't allow that because the Sersan Sistemas team works very hard on improving our strategies.

In short, criticism is welcome and some of it will be deserved. SYO (and OYS) have a lot to improve, that is always our mentality and our work (I recommend again the reading of our reports where we often talk about it) Draw Downs are part of trading and cannot be avoided. I would like to remind you that we don't win if our investors don't win, so we are the first ones interested in winning. We are a company, with its employees, its fixed costs and our main source of income is trading. For us trading is a business, not a hobby. We also invest in our Darwins. Therefore, think twice before spouting such nonsense, you will avoid making a fool of yourself.

2021 was SYO's best year ever. We ended up more satisfied with 2021 than 2020 because context matters a lot. Once again, I recommend our reports.

I finish by thanking the many forum members who have spoken well of us in this post and defended us. Today SYO has made a new high and that is what we are working for every day. Your profit is our profit and now SYO is annualising 19.05% with more than 5 years of track record.

By the way, we have recently launched a new Darwin, OYS, which is looking for Smart Beta. SYO is Alpha and OYS is Smart Beta. You will find more info on our website but if you want to buy equities, OYS is your Darwin:

Best regards to all of you and thank you for your trust!

Hi @sersansistemas, first of all thanks for replying on this forum and taking your time to answer in such detail.

Personally, I find your Darwins and words are really inspirational. Specially considering the experience you gather - trading since 2001, next to nothing! – and looking at your awesome results.

It’s easy to congratulate SYO nowadays when you are rocketing; this month you are in a state of grace. But in more than 5 years it’s more than obvious that you are killing it: Consistency, results, metrics,… I’m happy to see you are doing well and it’s fair you get the investors you have.

I knew your website and read your reports because there are a bunch of great Darwins that I’m following from time ago. It’s a pleasure and a source of knowledge trying to follow the path you, the pros, are doing.

There’s something I don’t understand, though. Why hiding the assets you’re investing? And why putting your money in your own Darwin when this money can go straight to the strategy? Probably stupid questions, I know. However still doesn’t make sense to me.

Finally, I see OYS only trades long. Well, I would say that considering we’re entering on a bear market on the stocks this will be a painful year for OYS, time will say 😉. Unless you’re trading only raw materials as metals, etc. As you hide the assets can’t be known just looking at the Darwin. Why hiding this information to your investors? 😊

Again, in OYS you only have capital invested and zero capital on the account? Really bizarre to my eyes.

Hi @sersansistemas, first of all thanks for replying on this forum and taking your time to answer in such detail.

Personally, I find your Darwins and words are really inspirational. Specially considering the experience you gather - trading since 2001, next to nothing! – and looking at your awesome results.

It’s easy to congratulate SYO nowadays when you are rocketing; this month you are in a state of grace. But in more than 5 years it’s more than obvious that you are killing it: Consistency, results, metrics,… I’m happy to see you are doing well and it’s fair you get the investors you have.

I knew your website and read your reports because there are a bunch of great Darwins that I’m following from time ago. It’s a pleasure and a source of knowledge trying to follow the path you, the pros, are doing.

There’s something I don’t understand, though. Why hiding the assets you’re investing? And why putting your money in your own Darwin when this money can go straight to the strategy? Probably stupid questions, I know. However still doesn’t make sense to me.

Finally, I see OYS only trades long. Well, I would say that considering we’re entering on a bear market on the stocks this will be a painful year for OYS, time will say 😉. Unless you’re trading only raw materials as metals, etc. As you hide the assets can’t be known just looking at the Darwin. Why hiding this information to your investors? 😊

Again, in OYS you only have capital invested and zero capital on the account? Really bizarre to my eyes.

Thank you for your kind words.

1. About assets: It is mainly to maintain the intellectual property. We don't like to be seen what we do almost in real time. Darwinex applies a delay, but still few trades later you can know the exact time we trade. In OYS it is even more serious because it is a strategy with very little turnover, it can be weeks with the same position open.
However, in our reports we explain the assets we trade, so there you can find the information you are looking for.

2. Money: A portfolio is a union of strategies and each one has a positioning algorithm, i.e. money management, which, among other things, depends on the value of the account.
Our investment level is floating, basically depending on the cash needs as a company, although we always try to maintain a minimum. We have a strategy as investors, but cash is king. In addition, Sergi, who writes, and other employees, also invest in their personal accounts.
So, it is much easier to invest as investors than in the trading account because adding or withdrawing money from the account has implications on the strategies. Note that there are strategies that may have open positions and therefore would not adjust to the new balance until the next position, which can alter the portfolio exposure artificially. It is much more complicated. Also, as an investor you can leverage 3 times.
OYS trades ETFs which allows us to trade it with less capital in the account. Keep in mind that we are a company and the capital we use in trading is a fixed asset. From a business point of view, the less fixed assets we have, the better.
OYS has not been launched at the best time, certainly, although the delay was mainly caused by Darwinex. You can currently trade QQQ, SPY, TLT or GLD. We are now back to equities but this month OYS has at some point been in a defensive position. We will soon implement some improvements which are almost ready ;)

3. On whether the year will be bad for equities, investors tend to believe that it is easy to predict the future but experience shows you that very few are capable. That is why my advice is to always invest in both, and vary the weight of each according to the moment of the cycle. If your vision is that equities will suffer, you should have more weight in SYO, but my advice is to have something in OYS, because maybe equities will surprise us and return to highs.

Best Regards

SYO is not doing well bought dip but is is strangling 6 months -6.72% any thoughts if it goes like that I will get stopped. 804 investors 8.4 mil ... any input anyone? The algo does not seem to work with current market.