• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] SYO by SERSANSISTEMAS

Quant on 2 systems, 1 in daily bars on gold, not necessarily technical so what, market effect ?, asset optimisation retained = quant at the retail level. Sounds much weaker than I initially thought :/
Nice people. I bet many investors get convinced after such presentations

Last edited by a moderator:
The quality of investors is pretty high:

SYOinvesors1.png

I've been massing around with some few Darwins I admire, SYO is one of them and I see that it's been stagnated for quite a few time.
Time ago someone posted that SYO was kind of finished because it was on a drawdawn phase, nonsese of course. However this stagnation probably should be more reason to concern. It is still on the normal parameters but maybe a red flag should appear

I think SYO is the perfect darwin.
Robust growth, not a fake Grail, honest and transparent person.
No flaws. The sad point is that Darwinex is not able to expand his investor base.

Last edited:
I think SYO is the perfect darwin.
Robust growth, not a fake Grail, honest and transparent person.
No flaws. The sad point is that Darwinex is not able to expand his investor base.
Maybe perfect for Darwinex charging fees, but not for investors in the last 6 months until now.

Why should investors buy it as long as it runs in a DD where the bottom is not clear until today?
What is your timeline you expect a new all time high on a Darwin as a landmark to make money with it? Yearly? All 2 years?

Maybe perfect for Darwinex charging fees, but not for investors in the last 6 months until now.

Why should investors buy it as long as it runs in a DD where the bottom is not clear until today?
What is your timeline you expect a new all time high on a Darwin as a landmark to make money with it? Yearly? All 2 years?
you said the same thing about syo on its last drawdown.

you said the same thing about syo on its last drawdown.
You're right, I don't change my mind.
I wrote the same about HFD in the hot discussion (I don't know or remember whether this post was deleted) about it: there's no need for investors to share a drawdown.
By the way it looks like HFD is close to recovery from its DD in the last 2 years, while its trading account is less than 10% away from its all time high.

Last edited:
Investors that know what can be expected from trading, 6-12 months of stagnation are pretty normal, hedge funds stagnate for years.
You can find short stagnations only on short and lucky trackrecords.

There is a correlation but he is not long only.
I would be pretty stupid given the fact that gold can go down for years.

There is a correlation but he is not long only.
I would be pretty stupid given the fact that gold can go down for years.
Why?
That's Gold between August 2011 and March 2018, the lowest point is December 2015 (which is 4 years after start of this chart):
1616862169357.png

This is the monthly chart of XAU between 2006 and now, today we are below the old ATH of 2011:
1616862277533.png

Edit: That means: buy and hold investors in Gold of the tops of 2011 suffered for years and see losses again.

Last edited:
Is SYO a better Bull than Bear?

Is it a case of their performance been better when Gold is trending up as apposed to when Gold is drifting lower, going sideways or even trending down.

There is some type of correlation going on between the XAUUSD chart and SYO performance chart, they seem to underperform (not do as good) when Gold is moving south.

He is an algo trader and algo trading should be market neutral.
A far as I remember he tries to take some kind of advantage from the uncorrelation between NDX and XAUUSD .
This uncorrelation is missing now in 2021 when both gold and nasdaq are going down.

I wrote the same about HFD in the hot discussion (I don't know or remember whether this post was deleted) about it: there's no need for investors to share a drawdown.
By the way it looks like HFD is close to recovery from its DD in the last 2 years, while its trading account is less than 10% away from its all time high.
There is a huge difference in how HFD managed his DD and SYO .
SYO has been trading exactly in the same wai at ATH , after 2 months DD and after 6 months DD , this is professional trading.
HFD has gone all in to recover, pure gambling, he has been lucky, will he be lucky next time?