• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] THA by finbou

2/3 of the dradown has been recoverd, despite it investors are leaving.
I think the reason in mainly due to Darwinex Pivot commercial conditions.
Also THA has lost capital, the $3 mln celebrated in the email are not there anymore.
1628778248020.png

I think it is summer holiday season and Darwinex does not offer enough cool drinks. ;)

You tend to give significance to noise. 😁
The point is not 2.8 or 3.2 millions.
The bad point is that Darwinex was promoting a darwin beyond full capacity.
It is Darwinex that designed the Capacity score and it is pretty useful.
According to that algo THA has a max capacity of 1 (ONE) million.
So we are THREE times that amount, and this is not noise... ;)
It is the proof we have 485 investors that do not understand what is capacity and divergence.

THA is going really strong.
30% YTD , more than 7 millions AUM and 700 investors.
The main problem is always divergence and capacity, divergence is constantly above 0.3%
I think finbou and darwinex are doing everything possible to push capacity of their flagship darwin.

THA is going really strong.
30% YTD , more than 7 millions AUM and 700 investors.
The main problem is always divergence and capacity, divergence is constantly above 0.3%
I think finbou and darwinex are doing everything possible to push capacity of their flagship darwin.
Interesting! I remember the times when I could not invest in THA because it was closed to new investors. Btw, its Cp tab says Max. Estimated Investment = 1.70 MM. So how does it manage to handle 9 MM and perform so well? Strangely, my newbie DARWIN, which has an even lower Cp score (0.9) shows Max. Estimated Investment = 60 MM. I don't quite understand how that is possible.

For AYC the value of 60 MM corresponded to an initial Cp higher than 7.
Currently AYC has a capacity of 0.67 MM

1669553708439.png

I'd really like to know whether long term investors made money with this and the divergence calculation is real.

Last edited:
That is not a trackrecord of divergence, only the actual value compounded on the entire trackrecord.
This chart is pretty useless, it is either optimistic or pessimistic.
We can consider it a backtest of the current divergence, whe the value is -0.20% you have an optimistic chart, when the value is -1.00% like today you have a pessimistic chart.
As you already know the trackrecord of divergence is the other chart, that shows the behaviour of divergence with historical AUM.
THA is not a darwin I would recommend but it generated a lot of return for investors, as we can see from performace fees, that are calculated on the NET return of investors.

Last edited:
Performance fee also include DarwinIA payments and not only the fees paid by investors.

Backtest starts later (after publishing the Darwin)
1669632721308.png

Between January 2018 and April 2021 this Darwin made losses for investors also in the backtest
1669632934479.png

Friends, does anyone on here invest in THA for a long period of time? Couple years? I'm wondering whether the results match the DARWIN backtesting tool.

I invested in THA for some months in 2021 and had a bad experience. The divergence is real and somehow I ended losing money while THA was ``making money``.

This year I made money so far, as THA is having a nice run and perfect market conditions for his strategy. I`m pretty much *trading* THA, adding and cashing out until FX calms down a bit.

I prefer much more stable Darwins that don`t depend on fast markets.

Last edited:
I'm wondering whether the results match the DARWIN backtesting tool.

The way I interpret the backtesting tool, an investment made on THA at inception would by now have accrued a return of 127,93%, or 22,87% year-to-date:
1683978327479.png

1683979118016.png

Anybody please correct me if this interpretation is mistaken.

Thanks.

The way I interpret the backtesting tool, an investment made on THA at inception would by now have accrued a return of 127,93%, or 22,87% year-to-date:
View attachment 328239
View attachment 328240
Anybody please correct me if this interpretation is mistaken.

Thanks.
You are right, the orange graph shows the final result, after all the fees to provider and to Darwinex. I don't really understand how they calculate the "Investor Management Fees". Up until now I have payed around 8%. But the result is overall better than the backtest.

You are right, the orange graph shows the final result, after all the fees to provider and to Darwinex. I don't really understand how they calculate the "Investor Management Fees". Up until now I have payed around 8%. But the result is overall better than the backtest.
If you use this link for THA you can download an Excel sheet in the upper right region.

In the data sheet there you find figures for their calculation of diveregence and fees.

Have fun with it - this procedure currently works for all known Darwins. :)