• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] PDC and VDC by Emanita & Pure Pip Producer

I tried to understand his so-called Time Drawdown Score. It looks interesting, Now I understand, it is just a meaningless stats which has no value at all.
Mostly trader never stop trading at the top of equity curve, there will be always pullback after making new all-time high so Time Drawdown Score will always negative even if equity curve slope upward.
Now in case of PDC, he stops at the top and few lucky winning months his so-called Time Drawdown Score is currently positive but now he is at -6% DD if he is not able to recover his DD within 02 months his so-called Time Drawdown Score
will go into negative territory.
He has had about 20 days positive trading. streeeeeetched out ;)

In contrast to the majority of traders, we only open a second position when the first one won.
--> We pyramid instead of averaging down.
PDC DD.png

I don't see any pyramiding but higher daily rotation during the drawdown. This type of trading is called revenge trading.

Revenge trading is when you try to force a trade in order to recover from a previous loss.

View attachment 294496

I don't see any pyramiding but higher daily rotation during the drawdown. This type of trading is called revenge trading.

Revenge trading is when you try to force a trade in order to recover from a previous loss.
looking at his trades, he seems to be just taking more trades but stopping out quickly. i don't think think he has increased the size of trades

Tight Stop-loss only works if there is momentum in the direction of open trade, Its seems like just random entry and he just trying to force his trading idea.
he's on the hopium crackpipe. maybe he has increased size and using tighter stops now. won't show for a few days.

very entertaining for me Pure Pips

Often trader feels so confident when equity curve goes up as if every trade will be in their favour. However, those traders disappears with small bumps and cant tolerate small down.

I personally passed through that phase and at the end learned to be humble as I knew becoming trader is game of patience and disciplined for very long period of time.

I think for people that knows personally @Pure Pip Producer and are confident in his talent this would be the time to invest.
After 5 year of trading I think every month is unusual, there are many darwins performig well, including mine.

Given previous tirades by trader behind PDC,I would say he has no ruleset. The rule he was most adamant about was: Quarter(3 months) period of negative Return invalidates trading strategy and is considered: 'Null and void'.Yet he continues with trading and wasting his investors money.
The second main point he was expounding under his second identity was :darwins with low VaR are more secure than others.Now we can see what he meant:while investors are losing 7% this month,trader is losing 1% this month.
Third point, if it is really true, person who personally knows him and invested in PDC has left.That ,if it is true,is a bad sign.

PDC4.png

PDC3.png

This darwin trades with quite high leverage.It can get out of negative territory quite fast,but it can drop bellow -10% in a single month just as well.

@PPP claim 10year of experience but his trading behavior is similar to a rookie trader. He come up with some crazy idea about trading and without testing these idea he behaved like a guru.

Somewhere purepips claimed to have 15k of his own money on PDC to increase his skin in the game.
Now we have 12k on 4 investors ... :unsure:

Last edited: