• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] RJT by SteadyWins

Hello @CavaliereVerde ,

Thank you for introducing my Darwin RJT.

This Darwin is the result of my experience in forex trading from 2010. But many years before 2010, I was also already following the Financial markets, investing and trading stocks. Financial markets have always had my interest.

From 2015 I have been working on my own automated forex trading. Forex (especially automated) is my greatest passion within the financial markets, above all other asset classes / markets.

I have already had a Darwin listed at Darwinex (SXW) several years ago, but soon after listing, I realized that the equity curve was / would be too bumpy to my liking. As I still had no investors, I decided to stop that Darwin and work further on it in demo, in particular to get it’s equity curve much more stable.

At that time, I knew already that a high Rs (Risk Stability) was important, but in the last few years I learnt that a high Rs would be the very most important thing (at least for me) to get my trading more stable, getting smoother equity curves / a higher Sharpe Ratio.

And I think my new Darwin RJT has very solid Risk Stability now. Although it is only at 5.5 now (time of writing), I’m shure it will rise to good levels after some time. In fact, the turning point was today:) The Darwinex algo needed some time to estimate well the Var. But from now on I think the algo is right with Var of plus minus 5, and Rs will rise a bit each day. I hope to reach at least 9.

Now a short description of the Darwin, I’ve copied it from my profile at Darwinex:

It’s is a rule-based system, friends with it's relevant trend (always trading in the direction of that trend). Automated execution. Maximum 1 position per day. Both the open and close are within the same Asian / Tokyo session. All major pairs and major crosses are traded (forex only). No trading on Mondays. News events are avoided. A lot of attention has been paid to Risk Stability (Rs).

Position is built up (and down) using several 0.01 lot trades. In order to keep the needed time limited (to build up a position), trader’s equity is kept stable. All this is done in order to keep divergence as low as possible.

I expect my La (Loss Aversion) to stay at very reasonable levels.

RJT trades during the Asian / Tokyo Session, I’m always out within 6,5 hours. And as I know the maximum trade duration / trading hours in advance, now it is very simple for me to avoid news events.

I hope readers enjoyed this introduction. And we’ll meet on this new Darwinex forum section.

Last edited: