• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] LSC and CVL by CavaliereVerde

I know it is expensive but this is the result cleaned from the losing strategies already removed one year ago:

CVLcustom290521.png

37% net in 3 years is not so bad.

I know it is expensive but this is the result cleaned from the losing strategies already removed one year ago:

View attachment 300909

37% net in 3 years is not so bad.
If you are saying that you accept the charge because the strategy works for you then fair enough - each to their own. I can't comment on the performance figures as I don't know which one represents overall return .

I don't know which one represents overall return .
Seems quite clear "Gain 37%" :)
It is myfxbook.
What would be your suggestion/alternative?
This is a stop and reverse strategy with unoptimized parameters that are the same for every asset so I assume it is robust and I don't want to change it.
I could move to a broker with good swaps like Axitrader standard but I pefer Darwinex because they are honest and they pay.

In the past I earned 17k from the Darwinia contest that doesnt' exist on other brokers.
->https://www.darwinex.com/username/CavaliereVerde
21k total provider's earnings, 17k coming from the contest.
No Darwinex, no Darwin, no earnings.
Let's assume CVL will grow 10% pa, I prefer 10% with darwin than 15% without darwin.

Last edited:
Then I have to consider that swaps are not a profit for Darwinex, they go to liquidity providers, it is also their interest to lower them and look for a better combo of LPs.

The net past result is negative but I think that strategy portfolio is profitable because is different from the portfolio that generated the loss.
The customized result is to show why I am still trading.
Besides that I think that showing a long trackrecord gives credibility and it is better that showing nothing at all.
99% of forum experts have nothing to show.
A break even result is 100 times better than nothing.

Yes I know but it is a hassle, not required because Darwinex verification has much more value.
Myfxbook is only for forward testing.

Yes I know but it is a hassle, not required because Darwinex verification has much more value.
Myfxbook is only for forward testing.
Also myfxbook has a habit of "forgetting" the verification after a while, so I agree with you, it's not worth the hassle.
It's also easily manipulated, and sometimes shows demo accounts as real money accounts, so it is pretty useless, except for your own tracking.

The net past result is negative but I think that strategy portfolio is profitable because is different from the portfolio that generated the loss.
The customized result is to show why I am still trading.
Besides that I think that showing a long trackrecord gives credibility and it is better that showing nothing at all.
99% of forum experts have nothing to show.
A break even result is 100 times better than nothing.
You bring up your feelings on "showing track record" and "forum experts" but I was just talking about the 5%pa charge. If you believe you can cope with this charge then that answers my question. Fine. It was you that brought up the subject of actual % returns, and then it got confusing.

I explained:
  1. why I am sharing a unattractive trackrecord
  2. why I think it is a winning strategy (of course I could be wrong)
  3. why I am trading it on Darwinex paying high swaps

LSC & NFO

LSCcust-euraud.png

I decided to remove the EURAUD component from the portfolio.
EURAUD was also the most frequent and expensive both in term of commissions and swaps.

Last edited:
LSC & NFO

GBPJPY seems to be sideways but the result is negative on 2y 1y and 6m .
It has the most expensive swaps of the remaining components so I will wait for another month to see if there is some kind of recovery.

On CVL 5/5 assets still fine after one year from revision.
For LSC AUDJPY and EURUSD are fine on 1y , 2y , 3y.

Maybe I am in the phase of removal, tired to pay for nothing.

The more I acquire experience the more I understand that stuff that really work is extremely rare.
Very few darwins and very few strategies.
I am here to make money not to win a prize for diversification.

Last edited:
CVL

CVLdarwin2y.png

CVLstrategy2y.png

Not so bad...
2 years low to low.
If the edge will persist it will be robust because it is acheived without optimizations.