• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] HFD by HighFive

There is a huge difference in how HFD managed his DD and SYO .
It looks like the main difference is that HFD is mainly short and SYO is mainly long in Gold.
Maybe buying both is the key for success 🤣 , but never my investment.

Last edited:
HFD has gone all in to recover, pure gambling, he has been lucky, will he be lucky next time?
IMO he was always trading with excessive sizes, maybe they were constant high sizes so when the account was up 1,700 % in only 2 1/2 years the VaR came down. Unfortunately I can't prove it as Darwinex does not show the VaR long enough, but at the beginning the D-leverage was 70 or higher on the peaks.
If you think he was lucky on the recovery he was lucky for 2 1/2 years some time before - I don't know whether you are right with this idea.

He was lucky for 2 years, when luck ended and a real DD begun he started to gamble to speed up the recovery, going from 10% var to 60% var.
The darwin risk manager is prepared for the worst case and de-leveraged his trading, a very right penalty for that reckless recovery trading and overtrading.

HFD-RS.png

He was lucky not to blow the account, if you gamble once you are a gambler, not a trader.
I never invested HFD and I never will.

Last edited:
The trading account of HFD is on a new all time high while the Darwin is still about 15% away from its all time high.
The number of trades got a new high, but D-Leverage did not.
This Darwin does not show what the risk manager was made for.
I'm curious whether Darwinex will show any reaction if(!) the Darwin reaches a new ATH as the risk manager treats it in the same bad way as martingale and grid stuff.

If I read it right he was cascading and not averaging down when the number of trades reached a new high.
IMO Konstantin was always a hard core trader, also in the period where he was everybody's darling, and used the full margin from time to time.

The point is not if you scale in a losing position or a winning one.
If you trade one microlot and you lose 500 pips and you try to recover with 50 pips on 10 microlots you are a gambler.

The point is not if you scale in a losing position or a winning one.
Scaling in a winning position is a trading techniques which is still teached to newbies as a technique where you can't lose - if you use the right stops.
If you try to recover losses with it or use it averaging down, I agree with you that it is gambling.

The trader of HFD reached new highs with more than 2,000 % on the trading account ...
1619527115846.png

... while the Darwin did not even make 100% and is far still away from its ATH (117 %).
1619527229034.png

Darwinex could think about removing their unnecessary target VaR which is only made to blame traders for a long time after a DD.

It's bizarre to see how a Darwin that for many years has been extremely succesful, all of a sudden becomes a terrible looser. Frankly I don't understand. Only explanation to me is caused by manual trading. The person behind got crazy or lazy

I could understand the JMC case. Looks he found his biggest drawdawn in a moderated short time period. It was 25% drawdawn, not so terrible (we should compare it with his backtests). Certainly a huge red flag but could have an explanation. But HFD is like suddenly something switched off and his trend was kept just on the opposite side.

Anyway looking at those Darwins there's a lesson to be learnt. Two or even three years of history are not enough for a trader to know what is it made of.
I heard or read from UYZ that minimum he considered eight years of trackrecord to really be convinced you have something valuable. I thought he was exaggerating but I'm starting to think he was right

It's bizarre to see how a Darwin that for many years has been extremely succesful, all of a sudden becomes a terrible looser. Frankly I don't understand. Only explanation to me is caused by manual trading. The person behind got crazy or lazy
all you need to do is look at the dollar. was grinding higher but very tight and back and forth constantly. so anytime he went off side he was okay as price would come back. but once the massive volatility came in . game over