Currency trading (Aug 7th > 11th)

Thanks DC, it owes me :devilish:

Am out again for another 15. Gotta go do the holiday thing now before my girlfriend leaves me ;)

Have a good one chaps see ya later maybe

Well done, now have a holiday Priceman... anyone would think we're all addicted gamblers!!!

no, for today I now have a stop at 9074 (breakeven) and will let it run for the day I have put in a limit order at 8874 which is 100 below target

Offshore Trader said:
Chow

Did your VEBO system give any prices today or did the early move up cause it to be a no trade day?
OT, no VEBO levels triggered yesterday.

FTSE falls on terror fears

By Miles Costello

Investors were today bracing themselves against heavy falls in London's leading shares after M15 raised the UK security threat level to critical in the wake of foiling a major terrorist plot to explode aircraft in flight.

The FTSE 100 index of blue-chip companies lost more than 100 points in heavy trading during the first hour a fall of 1.7 per cent. Travel, leisure and telecoms stocks bear the brunt of falls.

Sterling eased against the dollar on the foreign exchange markets from $1.9070 to $1.8983, oil fell $1 to $76.14 and gold rose from $651 to $661 a troy ounce.

It is estimated that about £27 billion was wiped off the value of the UK's leading companies.

The Financial Services Authority, the markets regulator, said that it, the Bank of England and the Treasury were "closely monitoring" the situation but declined to comment further.

The FSA, Bank and Treasury formed a tripartite group last year in the wake of the July 7 bomb attacks to explore how well-prepared the City is to tackle a major terror attack and are responsible for ensuring stable markets during a crisis.

Among airline shares, British Airways slumped nearly 6 per cent, down 23.25p at 366.75p as it cancelled all of its UK and Europe short-haul flights.

Acting on Government advice, the airline had already banned all hand luggage on planes leaving the UK amid tighter security at every British airport.

BA later recovered to trade 3 per cent lower as the FTSE began to rally.

Other airlines also suffered, with Ryanair and easyJet both falling. Ferrovial, the new owner of Heathrow and Gatwick airports operator BAA fell on the Madrid stock exchange and the main continental European exchanges were down.

David Buik at Cantor Index said today's terror alert was "the trigger, not necessarily the bullet" that prompted the heavy market falls.

Mr Buik pointed out that ahead of the market opening the futures markets were already indicating sharp falls. "The market is already lacklustre and looking very heavy at heart," he said.

He also noted that the second-quarter results season is almost over and that the economic outlook for the third and fourth quarters both in the UK and the United States "looks murky".

"Could there be a dead cat bounce - it does not look like it at the moment."

It seems to have levelled off for now. I would have thought it's go much lower. maybe in the US session?

Another headline (no story available > through MT4) says

'airport disruption may cost UK economy 10 mln stg a day'

I think we may have seen cables highs for a while!

Last edited:
afternoon all

state of play so far still short cable and long dow but looking to change these in next hour or so

I am expecting an 8974 bounce if we hit 8960 and bounce I will take off long at B/E and short again

Priceman said:
Thanks DC, it owes me :devilish:

Am out again for another 15. Gotta go do the holiday thing now before my girlfriend leaves me ;)

Have a good one chaps see ya later maybe

Obviously you guys(on this thread) are doing very well in capturing lots of pips. I am wondering what your averages per week could be.
My average per week is something like 100 pips.
It would be really helpful to the people reading this thread if you could post some screenshots of your charts and trades.

trader79 said:
Obviously you guys(on this thread) are doing very well in capturing lots of pips. I am wondering what your averages per week could be.
My average per week is something like 100 pips.
It would be really helpful to the people reading this thread if you could post some screenshots of your charts and trades.

Hi trader79,

I personally don't really have an average, still very much trying to get my head around consistency and discipline but have started keeping a log in my journal here...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=20529

No screenshots of my account/trades as I'm not trying to prove myself to anyone, its just somewhere to keep a log of my days trading, somewhere others can post their views and I keep it all together and can't (won't) change them and hopefully as they are in the public domain, it'll help me sort out my 2 biggest trading issues.

wasp said:
Hi trader79,

I personally don't really have an average, still very much trying to get my head around consistency and discipline but have started keeping a log in my journal here...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=20529

No screenshots of my account/trades as I'm not trying to prove myself to anyone, its just somewhere to keep a log of my days trading, somewhere others can post their views and I keep it all together and can't (won't) change them and hopefully as they are in the public domain, it'll help me sort out my 2 biggest trading issues.

Thanks Wasp. I will follow your journal.
I think you misunderstood .. I am not looking for the screenshots of account but it would be nice to see charts with trades marked on them.
I will look at journal section to post and keep track of my own trades.