Currency trading (Aug 7th > 11th)

Priceman said:
OK it's official I know nothing about trading forex! Is it because of those comments from the BOE that it's gone back up? I am still short with my stop at 9120 but I don't like how close it is already!

hi priceman
sorry to hear your short
I tend to trade what I see ,
dc is your man on this
my long term 15 min chart shows its still a long
but what do I know

I do find that 100 cci , with a 20 day ema a useful indicator

edit
looking at the chart they seem to want to keep it around this price for a while ,
7.30 in the usa now you may get a down turn , when they start trading

Last edited:
...flirting with today's pivot...again.

Attachments

• Cable 9th Aug.GIF
    Cable 9th Aug.GIF
    110.1 KB · Views: 222
ChowClown said:
...flirting with today's pivot...again.

Interesting Chow, my R2 is 9201, R1 is 9098, PIV 9033, S1 8921, S2 8865 on CMC figures

Spose it varies depending on hours used then, are your times US times then on Oanda ?

OK cant sit and watch! Got my stop and limit in, time for sun (am in france on hol not UK)

Priceman said:
Interesting Chow, my R2 is 9201, R1 is 9098, PIV 9033, S1 8921, S2 8865 on CMC figures

Spose it varies depending on hours used then, are your times US times then on Oanda ?
I'm using 22:00 - 22:00 BST for pivots and take the rates from Oanda:

Yesterday's OHLC:
O: 9069.3
H: 9145.4
L: 9034
C: 9076.5

Today's levels:
R2: 9196.7
R1: 9136.6
P: 9085.3
S1: 9025.2
S2: 8973.9

zuke said:
Morning all, I am SHORT 9089, Stop 9149, Target 8969. I got a strong signal to short last night, but ignored it, but this time it's too strong to ignore. Also check out the doji reversal candle formed on the daily.

Wish my bleedin system would make up its mind! I have closed the above trade for -3 and m now LONG 9082, Stop 9042 Target 9132

So chaps has anyone got a sell signal yet ? It's still not clear. I am still in my sell position at 9073 but not convinced.

What's the verdict here then from the experts ? Or is it just a matter of don't try to tell what will happen just trade what you see !!

Priceman said:
So chaps has anyone got a sell signal yet ? It's still not clear. I am still in my sell position at 9073 but not convinced.

What's the verdict here then from the experts ? Or is it just a matter of don't try to tell what will happen just trade what you see !!

i'm not going to claim to being an expect. but imo, yesterdays key reversal candle is ominous that a correction is due soon. I would rather wait until thursday before taking any swing trade positions, and will look to scalp the ranges until then. Otherwise you are likely to get whipsawed if cable forms a topping pattern here.

eur/gbp looks like ST buy if it closes above yesterdays high.

Last edited:
dc2000 said:
lucky begger

not really mate am dog sitting in the loire and the weathers crép !

what u got mate for the next target? up or down ?

preference is on the down side first later today 8974 the upside target is 9171 I dont really mind which as for the third time this week I have a neutral position

Just closed out my short until another signal....

c u all tomorrow (my girlfriend's loving me on this holiday) :)

(my girlfriend's loving me on this holiday)
nudge nudge wink wink say no more

sorry but it is the second morning Ive been up early

could do with a nice 210 pips today

So kind of the market to wait for the London boys to finish their cornflakes

Morning everybody!

Thanks to wasp for pointing out this new weekly thread (makes looking up posts so much easier, great idea), gimme a bit of time to read up. Be right back!

Got back in this morning with my favourite number 73 for the lovely drop, out at mo for +49. BTW it's rebounding off the 100EMA on the 1hr chart.... I think later on today it's gonna pierce it and carry on down.

Edit just pierced it !!

Who's for a nice big drop all the way down for the rest of the day?

another 100 would do the job nicely :cheesy: